Are the Bills/Stevie gonna regret this photo posted on FB?

He said "Hes being a good solider by NFL standards." - Which he is. You followed it up with a response that said 'Says who?" And went on to site the Von Miller case. If you are referencing the AH case, your post doesnt come across as that way and appears to be comparing to the behaviors of Stevie.

I specifically highlighted the following words : "(sadly this is the new standard for bad behavior in the NFL)"

and then made my comments. Hence, my skepticism regarding these supposed new standards in the NFL.

Anyway, back to the original post, I really really wish that Stevie would seek the attention he desires by his superior WR play alone (or by doing good community service).

And that is all I am going to state about this matter in this thread.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really ? Says who ? What about Von Miller's impending suspension ? Is that acceptable behavior that is being unfairly punished ?

Again, Stevie is a good team player but has a a penchant for stupid behavior

Umm, says me? Isn't that obvious?

As for Miller, we have no idea what he did or didn't do nor the result of his appeal, so that's a bit unfair to even bring him up.

As for Stevie, he wears a **** that phonetically spells out a slang word for sex. If that's all you hear or see at a Bills game, you can consider it a healthy family day at the Ralph.

As for the NFL or the Bills, I think they have bigger fish to fry.

I specifically highlighted the following words : "(sadly this is the new standard for bad behavior in the NFL)"

and then made my comments. Hence, my skepticism regarding these supposed new standards in the NFL.

Anyway, back to the original post, I really really wish that Stevie would seek the attention he desires by his superior WR play alone (or by doing good community service).

And that is all I am going to state about this matter in this thread.

Ah, that you did...thats what I get from reading from a cracked iphone 5 screen (thanks 4th of July, although it was an epic day lol). On a side rant, its as much for a new phone as it is to get my screen fixed. WTF

You atleast see an ounce of irony that you may have the longest, most whiny post in the thread and that by googling you probably spent as much if not more time on the topic than anyone you are calling out for being upset over something so insignificant..... Right?

Um, its an 11...scratch that...12 page thread on a pretty mild shirt. I found it amusing. And the OP presented it as if it was some kind of news, controversy or scandal. So the first thing I did was google it to see what was going on as there were no story links to the issue. And yes, it was a rant on how petty people can be on this board. Its like people are stuck in church and cant say words like dang, or schucks on here. It amuses me about some of the things people obsess over or think are controversial. So while this may be the dumbest thread since the "Trade Mario for Skelton" thread, I still find it amusing to see people get so upset over a pretty mild shirt and start judging his character, ability to lead, and maturity level over it.

And I am not even saying Stevie isn't immature, because he has done some bone head things on the field...all of which its fair to criticize...its just that his choice of shirt is not one of them.

It all starts with his name...Once he changes it to Steve, he will become a better man off and off the field!

Dude is acting like Justin Bieber. Im all about the Bills and winning. Stevie is about himself! ( and he cant catch when the game is on the line )

Im not even going to read this whole thread...I mean 11 pages over a trendy T-Shirt? OMG, you people need to get out of Buffalo for a weekend or something. I wore WAAAAAYYYY more offensive shirts when I was his age, and still do and I am 37. Why, because they are funny, I don't have a stick up my rear, and enjoy life. How does it make me immature or a bad leader like it does Stevie, especially considering I am 37 now?

Let me know the next time you are on national TV. And since when is USS FUHKMORE trendy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It all starts with his name...Once he changes it to Steve, he will become a better man off and off the field!

Dude is acting like Justin Bieber. Im all about the Bills and winning. Stevie is about himself! ( and he cant catch when the game is on the line )

Question...legit question. What has Stevie done that shows he's all about himself? He dropped some passes, ones he must catch, but how is that an indication he is about himself? Sure, a young underdog WR made a few TD celebrations and tried to bring some energy and fun to a team that was completely devoid of it. Only one of them was really an issue that cost us a bad penalty and got himself in trouble with the staff. He has not done it again since then. So please let me in on all these selfish things he does that shows he's all about himself and not the team.

Everything I see from him suggests he loves Buffalo...he even resigned here to a reasonable contract with a home town discount, considering what other WR's were getting, works really hard at what he does, seems to always be supportive and a model teammate.

And this is coming from me, a guy who liked him coming out of college, believed him and yet is still very critical of whether or not he can be a true #1 or not (needs to improve areas of his game, like focus in key moments in terms of drops). He has things he needs to improve on the field, no doubt, but nothing he has done really comes off to me as being all about himself. Yes, he had ONE moment in lapse of judgement that cost us a celebration penalty in a pivotal moment late in a game that we eventually lost...but its not like he has continued to do that since. It was a young player mistake.

So many people want to burn him at the stick and over exaggerate his so called character flaws when he has been overall good for this team, tried to bring some swagger to a team that desperately needed it, resigned to a team friendly contract, works hard, is working with the young guys to teach them, is constant cheer leader for Buffalo, and is proud to be here. His character attacks are over exaggerated and a bit unjust IMO.

Let me know the next time you are on national TV. And since when is USS FUHKMORE trendy?

The shirt style in general is trendy, and the USS FUHKMORE was just an added funny bonus and those kinds of things are trendy. Shirts with funny, inappropriate, ironic statements, etc are very trendy right now and hugely popular. Doesnt mean its your style, but they are very popular right now.

And let me know when he is on TV wearing it...which he wasn't.

Question...legit question. What has Stevie done that shows he's all about himself? He dropped some passes, ones he must catch, but how is that an indication he is about himself? Sure, a young underdog WR made a few TD celebrations and tried to bring some energy and fun to a team that was completely devoid of it. Only one of them was really an issue that cost us a bad penalty and got himself in trouble with the staff. He has not done it again since then. So please let me in on all these selfish things he does that shows he's all about himself and not the team.

Everything I see from him suggests he loves Buffalo...he even resigned here to a reasonable contract with a home town discount, considering what other WR's were getting, works really hard at what he does, seems to always be supportive and a model teammate.

And this is coming from me, a guy who liked him coming out of college, believed him and yet is still very critical of whether or not he can be a true #1 or not (needs to improve areas of his game, like focus in key moments in terms of drops). He has things he needs to improve on the field, no doubt, but nothing he has done really comes off to me as being all about himself. Yes, he had ONE moment in lapse of judgement that cost us a celebration penalty in a pivotal moment late in a game that we eventually lost...but its not like he has continued to do that since. It was a young player mistake.

So many people want to burn him at the stick and over exaggerate his so called character flaws when he has been overall good for this team, tried to bring some swagger to a team that desperately needed it, resigned to a team friendly contract, works hard, is working with the young guys to teach them, is constant cheer leader for Buffalo, and is proud to be here. His character attacks are over exaggerated and a bit unjust IMO.

Funny how not a single teammate, seems to revel or agree and join in on his "swagger"

BTW he gave NO hometown discount. He took a fair market offer.

Edited by Best Player Available

The shirt style in general is trendy, and the USS FUHKMORE was just an added funny bonus and those kinds of things are trendy. Shirts with funny, inappropriate, ironic statements, etc are very trendy right now and hugely popular. Doesnt mean its your style, but they are very popular right now.

Tomorrow Im gonna wear that shirt in my office to bring some swagger to the Human Resource team! I will change my name to Frankie instead of Frank. And when I fire or hire someone, I will show my undershirt that says...WHY SO SERIOUS?

Stevie Johnson must be related to Chad Johnson...its all about Tweets and Instagram and Facebook and looking good. How about playing the damn game with integrity.

Show your swagger by catching a game winning touchdown!

The "shirt style" is trendy? LMAO. You know I meant Stevie is a public figure. You're not and I'm not, which means we can wear "funny, inappropriate, ironic" clothes all we want. Stevie should be a bit more self aware.

The "shirt style" is trendy? LMAO. You know I meant Stevie is a public figure. You're not and I'm not, which means we can wear "funny, inappropriate, ironic" clothes all we want. Stevie should be a bit more self aware.

Really? So this shirt has stirred up controversy? Really, cuz funny thing is that its completely silent every where but a few fans here with no sense of humor who find it necessary to freak out over a shirt pic he didnt even post. Literally not one blurb, tweet, text, story, etc etc anywhere on earth other than this thread on the shirt.

Yup, its such a big deal lol

Tomorrow Im gonna wear that shirt in my office to bring some swagger to the Human Resource team! I will change my name to Frankie instead of Frank. And when I fire or hire someone, I will show my undershirt that says...WHY SO SERIOUS?

Stevie Johnson must be related to Chad Johnson...its all about Tweets and Instagram and Facebook and looking good. How about playing the damn game with integrity.

Show your swagger by catching a game winning touchdown!

LMAO...hes no where near what Ocho was. Dont get me wrong, he needs to up his game at critical moments, but its not like he hasnt made any big plays. And none of that has ANY relevance of ANY kind what so ever to his off field, off season shirt choices, tweets, or FB status.

People need to stop being so miserable on here and lighten up, I mean its a freaking shirt people in the off season, on his birthday, that he didnt even post.

Question...legit question. What has Stevie done that shows he's all about himself?

Since this question has been answered no less than ten times in this thread, and dozens of times in previous threads, I'm going to assume that to tell you again would be fruitless.

Really? So this shirt has stirred up controversy? Really, cuz funny thing is that its completely silent every where but a few fans here with no sense of humor who find it necessary to freak out over a shirt pic he didnt even post. Literally not one blurb, tweet, text, story, etc etc anywhere on earth other than this thread on the shirt.

Yup, its such a big deal lol

People need to stop being so miserable on here and lighten up, I mean its a freaking shirt people in the off season, on his birthday, that he didnt even post.

Whether you're speaking to me or not, understand that (a) I don't think it's a "big deal" and (b) I didn't even know about it until this thread started.

But discussion is healthy, and there have been some good points made on both sides as to whether or not Stevie should be wearing something like that given his status as a public figure. I believe those who simply throw out the statement "who cares; what's the big deal" are just a bit naive. Anyone with a job has obligations to his employer, which include not embarrassing said employer. I'm pretty sure Roger Goodell wouldn't be sitting back having a good ol' chuckle at USS FUHKMORE if he even knows about this (which he may not).

The discussion, at least to me, is not about old farts who don't "get" young, hip, humor. It's about public figures and their responsibility not to embarrass their employers. Understanding this comes with maturity. Stevie's thought process aside, the fact someone affiliated with the Bills posted this on FB is ridiculous, and as I indicated in an earlier post, the employee responsible should be relieved of his/her duties.

Edited by eball

Whether you're speaking to me or not, understand that (a) I don't think it's a "big deal" and (b) I didn't even know about it until this thread started.

But discussion is healthy, and there have been some good points made on both sides as to whether or not Stevie should be wearing something like that given his status as a public figure. I believe those who simply throw out the statement "who cares; what's the big deal" are just a bit naive. Anyone with a job has obligations to his employer, which include not embarrassing said employer. I'm pretty sure Roger Goodell wouldn't be sitting back having a good ol' chuckle at USS FUHKMORE if he even knows about this (which he may not).

The discussion, at least to me, is not about old farts who don't "get" young, hip, humor. It's about public figures and their responsibility not to embarrass their employers. Understanding this comes with maturity. Stevie's thought process aside, the fact someone affiliated with the Bills posted this on FB is ridiculous, and as I indicated in an earlier post, the employee responsible should be relieved of his/her duties.

This is a very fair and articulate summary. Thank you.

I think getting fired would be a bridge too far for the 23 year old social media intern, though.

This site makes me laugh.

We have countless threads on girls you find attractive. Avatars with Girls with little clothing. Would YA threads (Thanks GBID)

Anytime someone mentions a girl on this thread people respond with "Pic?"

Fans wear F*** (Insert team) shirts to games.

Stevie wears a shirt that plays on words. Oh the horror. Now he is not a good football player and needs to be cut. Lets not mention he is the only Bills player to have 3+ consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, and was one of the few bright spots on this TERRIBLE team the last few years. And did it With QB's who are carrer journeymen.

If a shirt offends you, perhaps the seriousness level on your life-o-meter needs to be turned down.

If he produces on the field, I could give a damn what shirt he sports in a photo.

This site makes me laugh.

We have countless threads on girls you find attractive. Avatars with Girls with little clothing. Would YA threads (Thanks GBID)

Anytime someone mentions a girl on this thread people respond with "Pic?"

Fans wear F*** (Insert team) shirts to games.

Stevie wears a shirt that plays on words. Oh the horror. Now he is not a good football player and needs to be cut. Lets not mention he is the only Bills player to have 3+ consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, and was one of the few bright spots on this TERRIBLE team the last few years. And did it With QB's who are carrer journeymen.

If a shirt offends you, perhaps the seriousness level on your life-o-meter needs to be turned down.

If he produces on the field, I could give a damn what shirt he sports in a photo.

I cast no dispersion on those who aren't bothered by his lack of professionalism.

But I'm not finding the inverse to be true.

I cast no dispersion on those who aren't bothered by his lack of professionalism.

But I'm not finding the inverse to be true.

Im not casting anything on anyone, I just find it funny that the same people who post about "sex" here get offended about an innunendo on a shirt by a ball player.