Should Bills pick up Jahvid Best?

Just a quick question to toss out there and chew on (Forgive the absence of spaces / new paragraphs - my Enter button doesn't work on this site anymore, although it works fine on any other application). Okay, I just read Best was released by the Lions. My first, albeit not deeply thought out, thought was that he'd be a near replica of Spiller. We could give him the time he needs to heal up, and if / when he gets healthy, we could field, simultaneously, two of the fastest RB's in the NFL (and, added to our WR corps, no doubt the fastest offense - by a wide margin - in all the land!). I know, it'd be an unnecessary addition, and only worth it, even remotely, at the right price, but does it intrigue anyone else?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will entertain this question. Assuming he is cleared medically to play and could be had at a vet minimum deal, then it becomes a more interesting question.

He won't be cleared, so it's Best we leave this one alone.

No. There are at least five free agent RB's that I would choose over Best right now and none of them are better than Fred Jackson. I don't want any part of having them "on the field simultaneously" for certain. I think Choice is getting cut and I like the idea of Zach Brown making the team.

Edited by Triple Threat

I will entertain this question. Assuming he is cleared medically to play and could be had at a vet minimum deal, then it becomes a more interesting question.

Agreed. If he is okay medically, he would be one more quality toy for Hackett to play with. Plus, if he does get injured again, he'd be our 3rd String RB, so really no harm if he signs for vet min.

Just a quick question to toss out there and chew on (Forgive the absence of spaces / new paragraphs - my Enter button doesn't work on this site anymore, although it works fine on any other application). Okay, I just read Best was released by the Lions. My first, albeit not deeply thought out, thought was that he'd be a near replica of Spiller. We could give him the time he needs to heal up, and if / when he gets healthy, we could field, simultaneously, two of the fastest RB's in the NFL (and, added to our WR corps, no doubt the fastest offense - by a wide margin - in all the land!). I know, it'd be an unnecessary addition, and only worth it, even remotely, at the right price, but does it intrigue anyone else?

That's a coincidence because all of the enter buttons in Jahvid Best's brain are also dysfunctional due to concussions.