Should Bills pick up Jahvid Best?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when everyone was super pissed that we got CJ and not this guy?

Didn't happen. There were a few that were pissed when best had some sick games as a rook while Spiller was running into the back of lineman and going down "too easy"...

There was another group that felt a first round RB was a poor choice (I admit I was here)

There was then all sorts of other variations including those that said, just wait... Spiller is electric.

Last group wins.

The Lions hung on to Best long enough, he's not going to play again. If he's ever cleared, many teams will gladly give him a shot.

Shame, he was a great talent. If healthy, he was at least up there with Spiller.

uh no not even close. In his rookie year where he was as "good as spiller" he played in 16 games he averaged 3.2 yards per carry and gained a whopping 555yrds rushing

uh no not even close. In his rookie year where he was as "good as spiller" he played in 16 games he averaged 3.2 yards per carry and gained a whopping 555yrds rushing

If I recall, best had like one monster game, which cemented the view that he was a spiller-like talent. after that, he was pretty mediocre.

The idea sprung from the desire to see that much speed on the field simultaneously. I'm totally happy with what we have now. I'm intrigued by some of the younger, bigger backs we've brought in. However, Freddy is going to be gone soon, and until someone steps up, we don't have a clear 3rd RB who is going to step into that 2nd role. So - IF, and that's a BIG IF, Best was able to get back to playing shape in, say, a year - during that time we'd be okay without him - wouldn't it be at least interesting to see a backfield capable of bringing out Spiller and Best, in a formation that also included Graham and Goodwin. That is four players with sub 4.4 speed. I'd think a bunch of O.C.'s would easily be able to make some dynamite plays out of that group. Then throw in our rookie TE, who has sub 4.5 speed, and Woods, and the combination of elite speed packages goes up. Just an interesting, "what if" idea. Obviously it won't happen (although, there have been some teams in recent years - San Fran, Baltimore, Seattle - who have gone out and made those intriguing pick ups when they've had the chance, so it isn't absolutely absurd).

Spillar 5-11 200 Best 5-10 200. Spillar 4.37 combine Best 4.35 combine. Almost clones.Lions horrible line. Bills decent line.

Also, Best had two known concussions in college the last of which caused him to miss the last 5 games of his college career.

To my knowledge CJ Spiller has had no known concussions.

Definitely not! The TE position would need to be addressed before adding another RB. Chandlers health is an issue, Gragg is still young and Smith is a block only kind of guy. There wont be many RB reps to go around with a healthy Spiller/Jackson combo, even if not, T. Choice will get the 3rd string reps. Spend that Free Agent $$ wisely Bills!

Spillar 5-11 200 Best 5-10 200. Spillar 4.37 combine Best 4.35 combine. Almost clones.Lions horrible line. Bills decent line.

Let's look at injury reports. Awesome he is better then Spiller on paper but as Bills fans we all know paper means nothing. Best is a piece of glass that is no where near as elusive as CJ. That is CJ's specialty his elusiveness which Best has NONE of.