Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

Here's a tweet from reporter Wesley Lowery:

Prosecutor: Police have #Hernandez on tape with firearm and saying "you can't trust anyone anymore" before picking up Lloyd.

That doesn't sound good for Aaron.

Link:http://sports.yahoo....-184503162.html

Pretty damning stuff:

"Surveillance footage showed the rented Nissan Altima that Hernandez was driving went down the remote gravel road in North Attleboro leading to the industrial area where Lloyd’s body was found at 3:23 a.m. , the prosecutor said. “At 3:27 a.m., the car came back up the road, the prosecutor said. People who were working the overnight shift at a nearby business reported hearing multiple gunshots at about that time, the prosecutor said.

“He (Hernandez) drove the victim to that remote spot and then orchestrated his execution,” the prosecutor said."

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/06/aaron_hernandez_charged_with_murder_held_without_bail

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, and as Brian Billick points out, pretty much every NFL team has security personnel who use their contacts to get info for upper management to assist them in making informed decisions.

Absolutely right. These are billion dollar, high profile organizations, they are not run by amateurs (well, not most of them). They are going to ensure they have the proper information to make informed business decisions.

You can bet the Patriots have a crisis management team that has spent hours each day since this story broke pouring over details, anticipating the timing of events, debating the public image impact of the team's response to likely outcomes, analyzing the financial/contract implications, drafting and editing the inevitable press statement, etc., etc.

Not to mention the video cutting out just before the murder & the victim basically saying AH is gonna kill him 4 minutes before his death via text to his mom.

Given the hilariously terrible coverup, this whole thing would not make for a very interesting Dateline episode.

Whoa... where did it say that?

link?

CBF

A signed confession in the FL case would have been stupid (and judging by the recent incident, and as I said, believable), but at least would have been honorable.

doc, the "signed confession" was never believable. Let it go.

It seems to me there is too much of a coincidence between the filing of the case in Florida, the Lost Eye case, and the beef that Hernandez had with Odin. Reports have it that the guy who lost an eye in Florida was from Conn. and part of the home boys group. You have to think that Hernandez had the Eye Case lawsuit on the top of his mind. He probably tells Odin something about it and Odin has loose lips and says something Friday night when they are out on the town. I could see a case where they were out on the town and run in to someone involved with the Lost Eye case and Odin says something related to that to someone.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Pretty sad for everyone involved.

It seems to me there is too much of a coincidence between the filing of the case in Florida, the Lost Eye case, and the beef that Hernandez had with Odin. Reports have it that the guy who lost an eye in Florida was from Conn. and part of the home boys group. You have to think that Hernandez had the Eye Case lawsuit on the top of his mind. He probably tells Odin something about it and Odin has loose lips and says something Friday night when they are out on the town. I could see a case where they were out on the town and run in to someone involved with the Lost Eye case and Odin says something related to that to someone.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Pretty sad for everyone involved.

given the fact that it was filed just days before the murder - it wouldnt be far fetched to have some sort of tie come out.

Whoa... where did it say that?

link?

CBF

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/prosecution-details-events-says-led-odin-lloyd-murder-204349177.html

3:07: Lloyd texts his sister, "Did you see who I was with?"

McCauley suggests that this indicates the "temperature" in the car.

Lloyd does not receive a response.

3:11: Lloyd texts his sister again, "Hello"

3:19: Lloyd's sister responds, "My phone was dead. Who?"

3:22: Lloyd responds, "NFL"

3:23: Lloyd: "Just so you know"

By this point, the four men inside the silver Altima have gotten off I-95 on route 152, near Hernandez's home, McCauley says records show.

Given the hilariously terrible coverup, this whole thing would not make for a very interesting Dateline episode.

Yep. As I said many pages ago in this thread, Hernandez can't be the sharpest knife in the drawer if he thought smashing his phone or his home security system would be enough to cover his tracks. I bet there is even more evidence uncovered by forensics that we haven't heard about yet. You can bet there will be more coming out in the trial.

And no one can tell me the Patriots didn't cut Hernandez without getting some damning off-the-record information from local law enforcement or NFL security.

Pretty damning stuff:

"Surveillance footage showed the rented Nissan Altima that Hernandez was driving went down the remote gravel road in North Attleboro leading to the industrial area where Lloyd’s body was found at 3:23 a.m. , the prosecutor said. “At 3:27 a.m., the car came back up the road, the prosecutor said. People who were working the overnight shift at a nearby business reported hearing multiple gunshots at about that time, the prosecutor said.

“He (Hernandez) drove the victim to that remote spot and then orchestrated his execution,” the prosecutor said."

http://bostonherald....ld_without_bail

Dumbass. It's debatable how difficult it is or isn't to get away with murder...but could he have made it any easier for the detectives?

Any word on what's happening to the other two guys who worked with Hernandez?

Team 5 Investigates reported that a second arrest may be connected to the murder of Lloyd. Carlos A. Ortiz, 27, was arrested by Bristol, Conn., police Wednesday on a fugitive from justice charge. Bristol police told NewsCenter 5's Kathy Curran they have been in touch with investigators from the Bristol County District Attorney's Office in Massachusetts.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/boston-south/former-new-england-patriots-star-aaron-hernandez-arrives-at-court/-/9848842/20724668/-/k880eb/-/index.html