Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more news on this comes out, the more Hernandez looks bad. I don't want to jump the gun but I would not be making long term plans if I were him. Sad.

Sad for the victim, and his friends and family. Hernandez can rot in hell.

According to this SI article, he does have a checkered past.

"Hernandez fell to the fourth round of the 2010 draft in part because of marijuana use while with the Gators, something he admitted to NFL teams at the scouting combine when he was a draft prospect, according to several NFL sources.

Personnel sources from multiple NFL teams tell SI that they had off-field concerns about Hernandez. In particular, the questions pertained to alleged gang activity of some of Hernandez's associates in his native Bristol, Conn. A law enforcement official familiar with Hernandez reiterated concerns about his circle of influence.

Combined, the marijuana use and gang concerns worried some NFL teams immensely."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130619/aaron-hernandez-history/#ixzz2WjHPnrS0

No surprise considering the kid's past... He loves the street life....You can legitimately label Hernandez a "thug", and not be judging him unfairly -It ain't exactly a secret. Bellichick had a handle on him the last two years, but it looks like that handle has flown off.

Edited by #34fan

Let us stop crucifying someone before they are found guilty of anything.

I read that differently... Hernandez could rot in hell b/c he is a Pat*, rather than a suspect. :D

IF he is arrested, tried, and convicted, he can still rot in hell.

Edited by judman

Report: Evidence puts Hernandez with dead associate on evening of murder

According to FOX 25 in Boston, police have determined that four men including Hernandez and Odin Lloyd were in a vehicle together after leaving a bar, and that only three of the men returned to Hernandez home.

Per the report, and supplemented by tweets from Ted Daniel of FOX 25, forensic evidence collected by police places a vehicle driven by Hernandez at the crime scene.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/19/report-evidence-puts-hernandez-with-dead-associate-on-evening-of-murder/

Edited by papazoid

http://www.alligator...dez-fell-in-the

As a Gator fan, I remember hearing rumors about the bad attitude Hernandez had, I know it was just hearsay but sometimes where there is smoke there is fire. I lived there for 10 years and have many friends still in Gainesville and was told that when he was out at clubs he was the obnoxious type. Gainesville is a small tight knit community that revolves around UF and word travels fast when it comes to the football program and its players...

No surprise considering the kid's past... He loves the street life....You can legitimately label Hernandez a "thug", and not be judging him unfairly -It ain't exactly a secret. Bellichick had a handle on him the last two years, but it looks like that handle has flown off.

Like I mentioned up thread - his past is becoming a little but of a surprise. I can't tell you how many times I read "it was just a little weed, why did we take Easley instead of Hernandez." As it turns out, the nfl knows more of the story than we do and sometimes when things don't seen to add up, it's cause we don't have all the info.

Like I mentioned up thread - his past is becoming a little but of a surprise. I can't tell you how many times I read "it was just a little weed, why did we take Easley instead of Hernandez." As it turns out, the nfl knows more of the story than we do and sometimes when things don't seen to add up, it's cause we don't have all the info.

Yep.

Let us stop crucifying someone before they are found guilty of anything.

You can give him the benefit of the doubt, but I'll pass. This is a football forum, not a court of law.

The more I read about him, the more of a scumbag I think he is.

Either way he is not doing anything to help himself out in life.

You sign a huge contract and are still hanging out with people who are capable of murder.

I dont feel sorry for him. He made his choice to surround himself with thugs when he could have cut ties with his past

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Either way he is not doing anything to help himself out in life.

You sign a huge contract and are still hanging out with people who are capable of murder.

I dont feel sorry for him. He made his choice to surround himself with thugs when he could have cut ties with his past

CBF

That's still got some layers of assumption in it, but the more that comes out, the more likely it appears true.

If he had a history in CT, odds are going to the pats was a "worst case scenario" with regards to making a clean and easy break - kind of like keeping honey badger out of New Orleans

Report: Evidence puts Hernandez with dead associate on evening of murder

According to FOX 25 in Boston, police have determined that four men including Hernandez and Odin Lloyd were in a vehicle together after leaving a bar, and that only three of the men returned to Hernandez home.

Per the report, and supplemented by tweets from Ted Daniel of FOX 25, forensic evidence collected by police places a vehicle driven by Hernandez at the crime scene.

http://profootballta...ning-of-murder/

Wow - nice find. This seems to sum up the "world of hurt" AH will be in for months (if not years) to come. If he didn't pull the trigger at the scene...then he certainly can be construed as an accessory. Not declaring guilt before trial, but damn, this looks bad.

Yeah, lucky us.

By the way, Easley has been out all offseason with yet another mysterious injury. But at least we didn't draft a gangbanger.