R.I.P. James Gandolfini: Sopranos Star Dead at Age 51

Loved him as Tony Soprano but the guy just never looked healthy. May he RIP.

Particularly in Zero Dark Thirty, he looked like he was an after-dinner mint away from catastrophically exploding. Clearly not a man living a lifestyle to promote longevity.

(Not a criticism, as neither am I. Hell, I'm having chest pains right now.)

Particularly in Zero Dark Thirty, he looked like he was an after-dinner mint away from catastrophically exploding. Clearly not a man living a lifestyle to promote longevity.

(Not a criticism, as neither am I. Hell, I'm having chest pains right now.)

I was surprised at how hefty he looked in that movie.

A complete and distant contrast to how he looked in "Crimson Tide".

RIP to a fine actor who will be missed.

I've never watched one minute of any Soprano's episode. I'm sure it's very good, as I love most productions about that lifestyle. All I can say is, whether he was a fat man or not, 51 is, indeed, way too young for any person to pass away. It's just very sad.

He left a wife and two children behind; one of whom is less than 2-years-old (a daughter). Terribly sad. R.I.P.

you Sir, need to start from the beginning and don't come out until you get the finale...you can thank us all later

I've never watched one minute of any Soprano's episode. I'm sure it's very good, as I love most productions about that lifestyle. All I can say is, whether he was a fat man or not, 51 is, indeed, way too young for any person to pass away. It's just very sad.

He left a wife and two children behind; one of whom is less than 2-years-old (a daughter). Terribly sad. R.I.P.

Friend: Gandolfini found by family member

ROME (AP) - A friend of James Gandolfini says the actor was discovered by a family member after he suffered an apparent heart attack in his hotel room in Rome. Michael Kobold, who described himself as a close family friend, read a short statement to reporters Thursday and said little more about the circumstances of Gandolfini's fatal attack. He did not say who discovered Gandolfini, but NBC quoted Antonio D'amore, manager of the Boscolo Excedra hotel, as saying it was Gandolfini's 13-year-old son, Michael.

The "stars" chime in:

http://www.cbsnews.c...mes-gandolfini/

Nice words from some cool people.

The last thing I saw him in was Killing Them Softly. The movie got mixed reviews (I loved it). Gandolfini gave a pretty memorable performance of a hitman past his prime. The scenes he was in really shined. The guy had such a powerful presence. I could watch two hours of him eating a bowl of cereal.

I am watching the Inside the Actors Studio video with him and its really good...up until yesterday, he was always tony soprano, no matter what movie...i am going to watch his work in a whole different light.

Nice words from some cool people.

The last thing I saw him in was Killing Them Softly. The movie got mixed reviews (I loved it). Gandolfini gave a pretty memorable performance of a hitman past his prime. The scenes he was in really shined. The guy had such a powerful presence. I could watch two hours of him eating a bowl of cereal.

I am watching the Inside the Actors Studio video with him and its really good...up until yesterday, he was always tony soprano, no matter what movie...i am going to watch his work in a whole different light.

I wonder how far they got with this new project and if it's something that can be released with his part still in it.