Buffalo Bills' Mount Rushmore

The guys who had the most heart and grit (not the most talent):

Don Beebe - - best example of how any sport SHOULD be played

Antoine Winfield - - when a large FB caught a swing pass heading in his direction it wasn't a fair fight

Frank Reich - - QB for biggest comebacks in both NCAA and NFL history

Darryl Talley - - my brothers voted him in

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would be on yours?

OJ Simpson

Jim Kelly

Bruce Smith

Bill Polian

On a completely different mountain somewhere we'd have to have a monument to the following...

Hank Bullough

Matt Kofler

Billy Joe Hobert

Gary Marangi

or...

Scott Norwood

Ronnie Harmon

Joe Ferguson's ankle

Thurman Thomas' helmet

in order: (excepting ralph, emphasis on how they dominated their position compared to others in league at same position):

#1- Ralph Wilson

#2- Bruce Smith (11 time All-Pro and defensive POY twice).

#3- O.J. Simpson (DQ'd) (5 time All-Pro).

#4- Joe DeLamielleure (6 time All-Pro).

#5- Thurmon Thomas (3 time All-Pro and league MVP).

#6- Andre Reed (2 time All-Pro)

#7- Jim Kelly (3 time All-Pro)

#8- Cookie Gilchrist (3 time All-Pro).

#9- Cornelius Bennett ( 3 time All-Pro and was twice the AP Defensive Player of the Year).

#10- Steve Tasker (5 time Pro-Bowler).

Honorable Mentions: Talley, Kemp, Shaw, Dubenion, Moorman

Dude Thurman has 1 MVP, Bennett won the AFC defensive player of the year- not the NFL and Jim Kelly was a 1st time all pro once and a second time all pro once. I don't feel like looking up all the rest of the guys but did you just make this stuff up?

Dude Thurman has 1 MVP - (I didn't intend to imply he won the MVP 3 times, I said 3 time ALL-PRO and league MVP (singular)).

Bennett won the AFC defensive player of the year- not the NFL - (I didn't say "NFL")

and Jim Kelly was a 1st time all pro once and a second time all pro once. (I guess you mean first "team" and second "team", First-team All-Pro (1991) 2× Second-team All-Pro (1990, 1992) it still adds up to 3, not 2 as you claim.).

1990 2nd Team All-Conf. UPI

1990 2nd Team All-NFL Newspaper Ent. Assoc.

1991 1st Team All-Conf. Pro Football Weekly

1991 1st Team All-Conf. UPI

1991 1st Team All-NFL Associated Press

1991 1st Team All-NFL Pro Football Writers

1991 1st Team All-NFL Newspaper Ent. Assoc.

1991 1st Team All-NFL Pro Football Weekly

1991 1st Team All-NFL Sporting News

1992 2nd Team All-NFL Associated Press

I don't feel like looking up all the rest of the guys but did you just make this stuff up? (I used that quick authoritative Wikipedia as a reference, my bad).

you really wanna go back and forth on this trivial stuff....

Overall:

Ralph Wilson Jr.

Jim Kelly

Bruce Smith (thought about swapping him with Polian, but he is the all-time sack leader)

Marv Levy

Players:

Kelly

Talley

Smith

Thomas

OJ can have his own unfinished monument like that Crazy Horse one near Mount Rushmore.

• 1 month later...

For comparison purposes:

@ProFootballTalk

How can 49ers' Mt. Rushmore ever be limited to only four? http://wp.me/p14QSB-8V6d

I think the 49ers are be one of the easiest. Montana, Rice and Walsh can't seriously be debated. And I think Lott is the right #4, though there are some other HOFs from earlier eras.

As for Buffalo, no matter how much criticism you think he deserves, there really can't be any question that Ralph is #1 on the list. Like it or not, he's our George Washington. Beyond that there is plenty of room for debate.

Kemp

OJ

Kelly

Bruce

I think the 49ers are be one of the easiest. Montana, Rice and Walsh can't seriously be debated. And I think Lott is the right #4, though there are some other HOFs from earlier eras.

Young has got to be on there. He's one of the greatest QBs of all time, which trumps even the best safety of all time.

There's definitely no room for a fourth with those guys!

I love all three of them - I love those huge run stuffers. Hopefully Dareus turns into one of those guys............When Sam had his mind set, he could really dominate. I remember one game where he was unreal - and we had the game well in hand, and my friends wanted to leave. I said No, I just want to watch Sam dominate these guys.