Inside Buffalo's draft room

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I feel patriotic after watching that video...the background music, the red/white and blue...

And I'm proud to be a Buffalo fan, where at least I know there's speed

and I'm proud for those who chose our team 'cause it means that much to me

and I'll proudly STAND UP next to you and defend them still today

cause there ain't no doubt, I love this draft, God Bless the USA God bless the Bills someday

Fixed

After watching this video, does anyone still think Buddy's not in charge of the football side? The "Whaley's in charge" bs was flying all over TBD during the draft.

...and it's driving a bunch of regulars on this site batty. The fact Nix is in charge and ran such a professional, well-executed draft is killing them.

That's too bad...you missed the part at 4:32 where Buddy said "I wish Just in Atlanta was here...what should we do now??" :thumbsup:

I woulda told him to trade back, pick your favorite QB, then a WR, then a LB.

First two rounds are like I WAS there. Don't think I've ever been this content with the first few picks. My only complaint is that we never drafted a damn guard.

Not bad at all. looks like the FO does have a clue.

and darned fun to watch the dynamics. Amazing to observe for me is Nix at work. 70 something and owns the room.

I saw the same attitude, i think, at his draft pressers. As if he accomplished his goals. Built a great structure around him and reaped the rewards. our future may well look better than our past imho.

Or how some of y'all say "got er done".

...and it's driving a bunch of regulars on this site batty. The fact Nix is in charge and ran such a professional, well-executed draft is killing them.

No. The part driving people nuts is that Nix is rebuilding off his first rebuild that failed miserably. If you can't see the folly in that I don't know what to tell you.

If results are optional, then NIx is your man.

feel good TV. A couple points:

1) What do you make of the fact that Nix had his back to the room, facing the big board, but Whaley had his back to the board, facing the room. I hate to say it, but I get a little bit of "Napoleonic" vibe from Whaley. He stands up and shakes hands and buttons his jacket after every pick. THOUGHTS?

(do they think he's too immature at this point, with the pen behind his ear, etc.?)

2) (to those questioning who is in charge:) Of course Nix is "in charge" simply because if you are another team calling, you dont say "lemme speak to Whaley." Only the official GM is authorized to negotiate and execute trades. We dont know who puts the big board together. THAT is the key to who is running the show. Nix never ever said "I thought this" or "I thought that." Its always "we thought . . . ."

3) How can I get that Bills logo painted onto my bedroom wall (at 5:00 mark)?

4) Seriously. Why is marrone wearing his Syracuse Orange shirt during the sit-down interview part. Dude, wtf ? Like, WTF?

Edited by maddenboy

No. The part driving people nuts is that Nix is rebuilding off his first rebuild that failed miserably. If you can't see the folly in that I don't know what to tell you.

If results are optional, then NIx is your man.

Why do I get the feeling Nix takes the blame for the past 13 years, when the franchise he "inherited" three years ago was in complete shambles? If you honestly don't believe there have been positive changes in the organization and roster since he got here, I don't know what to tell you.

Why do I get the feeling Nix takes the blame for the past 13 years, when the franchise he "inherited" three years ago was in complete shambles? If you honestly don't believe there have been positive changes in the organization and roster since he got here, I don't know what to tell you.

Actually, that is not true. He inherited the following players who actually played during his 3 -year regime

Eric Wood, Levitre on the OL

Fitzpatrick QB

Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson as RBs

Stevie Johnson as the WR

On Defense:

Byrd, Kyle Williams, Scott.

The team he inherited actually won 7 games, something his regime is failed to accomplish in 3 seasons.

Edited by ganesh

Ha! The next thing someone will tell me is that Darcy Regier knows what he's doing.

PTR

Ha - the guy anouncing the Goodwin pick in the 3rd is an old buddy of mine from high school. I totally missed that he did that dring the draft (looks like NFL network in that clip - def wasn't on ESPN which was what I was watching - since they are always at commercial for Bills pick... :P )

Edited by stevewin

Actually, that is not true. He inherited the following players who actually played during his 3 -year regime

Eric Wood, Levitre on the OL

Fitzpatrick QB

Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson as RBs

Stevie Johnson as the WR

On Defense:

Byrd, Kyle Williams, Scott.

The team he inherited actually won 7 games, something his regime is failed to accomplish in 3 seasons.

Just because the team had a couple of players doesn't mean it wasn't in shambles. Pointing simply to the W-L record is not indicative of the state of the franchise, either. We've been over all of this, and I understand there are those who think Nix is an abject failure, and others who believe he deserves a shot at continuing the process of turning this around. Enough said.