4th round options (merged threads)

Hoping Nix and Marrone can find OL men in UDFA .

this could very well be it too. Marrone and his OL expertise, might say F%#K it and just take som homeless guy off the street because he knows he can coach him up. I'm good either way. Thank you for saving me here. I was ready to be all upset if we Didnt at least take a C or G

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There should still be some surprisingly good QB prospects in the 4th and 5th rounds. Should the Bills come back and take a Kirk Cousins-like pick in order to develop an insurance policy as well as some genuine competition at QB?

No.

RGIII is a risk-reward guy. He's da bomb when healthy, but his style of play is a known injury risk. The Redskins had to have a good backup plan.

We already developed our backup plan in Kolb and TJax. Especially, TJax might thrive in a similar playing style to what would suit EJ Manuel - he has wheels and a strong arm, and he's tough as they come.

So we have no need to use another draft pick on QB this draft.

No one is giving up a 2nd round pick for a 4th round pick a season based on preseason.

No, they give up first round picks (9th overall) and fourth round picks combined for fourth round qbs from SC who lit up preseason. Also, check out the haul that Jimmy Johnson got from New Orleans for Steve Walsh in 91 or so. Atlanta also got an excellent haul for Matt Schaub.

Edited by dave mcbride

I could see them drafting another QB as early the 4th. There are still decent QB prospects there. I wouldn't be upset to see them take any of Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, Landry Jones, Tyler Bray or Zac Dysert or Matt Scott soon.

They all have a chance to be good backup QBs with a chance to be more, especially Barkley (IMHO).

1) Barrett Jones/Brian Schwenke. Need depth at C/G position

2) Da'Rick Rogers. Still want big, physical receiver. Better than Justin Hunter?

3) Cornelius Washington. Dude look like he hunts QBs

4) Joseph Fauria. Need another pass catching TE. Nephew of Christian Fauria(bloodlines)

Edited by the skycap

If there's one available who's on their board, yes.

IMO, it's not a matter of 'the devil you know' with T Jax. Does anybody really see him as an effective long term starter? I know we wasted a pick on him, but Marrone and Hackett had nothing to do with that.

If the Brass has Barkley, Nassib or Jones on their Big Board, take him! I'm at least impressed with the scouting effort by the team prior to the Draft.

not sure why they call manuel a mobile qb...manuel didn't rush for even 900 yards in his 4 years at college..they reference the rg3 similarities of being mobile...

http://profootballta...ill-nab-nassib/

I don't think some of these 'experts' even watch these guys play. Manuel may have the athletic ability to be a running threat at QB, but he was primarily a passer at FSU.

Might be good value to nab another RB prospect with Fred Jackson aging. Some good ones to look for include:

Andre Ellington

Jonathan Franklin

Marcus Lattimore (would be a nice gamble, I think)

Stephon Taylor

On the OL, my favorites left are:

Barrett Jones

Brian Schwenke

Oday Aboushi

David Quessenberry

Luke Marquardt

CB is still a need:

Jordan Poyer

BW Webb

LBs available include:

Khaseem Greene

Kevin Reddick

Michael Mauti

DL:

Jesse Williams NT Alabama is available

Brandon Jenkins (DE Fla St) - was injured this year and Tank Carradine took his spot

Quanteres Smith - good pass rusher

I would strongly consider another QB with lots still available

Matt Barkley

Ryan Nassib

Tyler Wilson

Tyler Bray

Landry Jones

I don't think all could be good long-term backups that could become starters.

I think they'd take another WR, but Quinton Patton is well regarded (at least according to what I've read)

It would be nice to get a TE prospect, but pickings look slim to me. One guy to watch might be Maryland's Matt Furstenburg who is fast, but not very big.

My $.02 worth: I'd strongly consider one of the Centers (Jones or Schwenke) or one of the RBs (particularly Franklin or Ellington who is very fast).

Edited by OldTimer1960

Yes to Nassib because he knows the system and staff. Would be an excellent backup, and maybe starter should Manuel be a bust. Would provide for easier transition in case of injury. Cut Tavaris.

I agree with this. 50-50 chance is Manuel is a bust, thats just a historical average. I really like Nassib with a quick release and strong arm, and he knows our staff.

But cut Kolb. He is a bum, Tavaris is at least .500 as a starter, Kolb is Trent Edwards but worse

Agree with you on Da'Rick Rogers. I know we just drafted 2 WRs, but he is a stud. Some people want Swope, but I prefer Rogers, and I would grab him 4th round before anyone else does.

If Shamarko Thomas/Marcus Lattimore lasts until the 5th round, I also take one of them there (prefer Lattimore), and then take BPA at TE in either the 6th or 7th round

I won't get much agreement on this, but I"d like to see Lattimore if he's still there in the 5th. Put him on injured reserve this year and let him start taking over for Jackson next year.

As others have said, Barrett Jones would be great in the 4th, or maybe Khaseem Greene or Webb (though for Greene and Webb I'm strictly going off rankings...I haven't watched them).

Edited by Faustus

Id love me Barrett Jones. Call me crazy but I thought he was better than Warmack.

I also want Marcus Lattimore. He will be healthy by the time FJ is burnt out, and would have been a 1st round pick without the injury.

I Also want to see a 2nd QB drafted. Im not putting all my eggs in one basket. Nassib is a guy who would be a great backup/insurance starter if EJ doesnt pan out.

We could use a Saftey or CB depending on if they move A Williams. Maybe the S from Cuse? CB - Im not sure who

And Id love a TE but taking two WRs already, that to me says we wont be using a TE very often (which I think is horrifically dumb, but thats just me)

PS Dar'Rick Rodgers is the type of player the Bills would remove from their board completely IMO

Edited by peterpan

I won't get much agreement on this, but I"d like to see Lattimore if he's still there in the 5th. Put him on injured reserve this year and let him start taking over for Jackson next year.

As others have said, Barrett Jones would be great in the 4th, or maybe Khaseem Greene or Webb (though for Greene and Webb I'm strictly going off rankings...I haven't watched them).

I agree on Lattimore, but it depends on whether their doctors think he will every recover fully.