Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith III - QB - West Virginia

. You forgot to add warren moon & Randall Cunningham.

+1 for noticing the inability of certain posters to compare black QBs to white QBs when it comes to ability or personality. If anything, Newton's personality reminds me of Cutler's; I see Geno Smith as being introverted like Eli, though perhaps with more negative aspects.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 for noticing the inability of certain posters to compare black QBs to white QBs when it comes to ability or personality. If anything, Newton's personality reminds me of Cutler's; I see Geno Smith as being introverted like Eli, though perhaps with more negative aspects.

Clearly, you're a racist for comparing players of different races. For shame.

Btw, good comparison though I think Newton is working on his Cutler qualities. For some reason, I think Culter loves being a douche.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Clearly, you're a racist for comparing players of different races. For shame.

Btw, good comparison though I think Newton is working on his Cutler qualities. For some reason, I think Culter loves being a douche.

Deadspin and KSK (two great blogs) have constant updates on Cutler's being a douche. Cam likes the spotlight more- I think Cutler hates being a celebrity, despite his marriage to a reality television personality- and also seems to be a "me-first guy."

Deadspin and KSK (two great blogs) have constant updates on Cutler's being a douche. Cam likes the spotlight more- I think Cutler hates being a celebrity, despite his marriage to a reality television personality- and also seems to be a "me-first guy."

Def agree about Newton wanting to be famous. But I do think that early season criticism ( especially from Steve Smith who you don't mess with) might be the best thing for his career. He kept quiet & the Panthers tore it up down the stretch. They are going to be a very hard out next year.

They finished the season 5-1 & I didn't hear any complaints about his attitude.

You apparently missed it:

http://nesn.com/2012...-diva-attitude/

http://www.playersvi...-from-his-team/

http://espn.go.com/n...back-cam-newton

http://capstonerepor...ewton-is/17733/

http://www.sportsgri...-have-been-his/

Edited by jeremy2020

I meant at the end of last year. Being criticized like that is probably the best thing to happen to him. I'm all over the Panthers over in wins this season.

I'm guessing all the criticism from all those football players were simply because they were all a bunch of racists.

Def agree about Newton wanting to be famous. But I do think that early season criticism ( especially from Steve Smith who you don't mess with) might be the best thing for his career. He kept quiet & the Panthers tore it up down the stretch. They are going to be a very hard out next year.

For the record, I think that writer is a jerk and I'd take Newton in a heartbeat. I wanted him drafted by the Bills at the time and I'd still take him on the Bills.

Smith's personality is nothing more than just simply a concern for me, it's not a deal breaker. I'd be happy if the Bills drafted him at #8. I hope Scott's the guy, but I'll be pumped if it's either Smith or Manuel.

For the record, I think that writer is a jerk and I'd take Newton in a heartbeat. I wanted him drafted by the Bills at the time and I'd still take him on the Bills.

Smith's personality is nothing more than just simply a concern for me, it's not a deal breaker. I'd be happy if the Bills drafted him at #8. I hope Scott's the guy, but I'll be pumped if it's either Smith or Manuel.

I hear ya. I'm never the type to just want a Qb at any costs but its time to invest a high pick in someone. Im gonna trust Marrone but give me a young guy to get excited about. I really like Smith & Barkley but I just want one of our 1st picks to get invested into a qb. You can't find a franchise qb if you never take a chance.

I said that Newton was holding the Panthers back? You should try re-reading what I said after going over the original premise of the thread and a few select comments and try your approach again.

So far you're not doing too well.

Well, you said he wasn't exactly leading his team to the playoffs. What else did you mean by that?

Also, you said all of the predraft criticisms were still relevant. Explain.

Found this comment on Geno today. Reading this are you still wanting him to come to the Bills??

This is just a small sample of Pro Football Weekly's scouting report on Geno Smith, in their NFL Draft Preview book: Average field vision, Nonchalant field presense, has pin legs and bad pocket posture, does not command respect from his teammates, cannot inspire, Mild practice demeanor - no urgency, Interviewed poorly at the combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board, needed to be coddled in college, cannot handle hard coaching, overhyped product of the system, could drain energy from a QB room. -Nolan Nawrocki, Pro Football Weekly

This makes me NOT want him.

Thoughts?

Have not wanted him period! Bust waiting to happen. NO Leadership skills. Lucky to still be in the league in 4 years.....

I hear ya. I'm never the type to just want a Qb at any costs but its time to invest a high pick in someone. Im gonna trust Marrone but give me a young guy to get excited about. I really like Smith & Barkley but I just want one of our 1st picks to get invested into a qb. You can't find a franchise qb if you never take a chance.

I think that NE did. I could also argue that NO and Seattle did. Possibly SF, too with Kaepernick in round 2.

http://www.profootba...scouting-report

Above is Nawrocki's scouting report on Newton.

And it is too early to conclude whether Nawrocki was right or wrong. Nawrocki was not alone in his criticism of Newton.

Maybe Cam will be a long-term star, maybe not. That does not mean that Nawrocki's evaluation was inaccurate. I didn't read in there that Newton had no chance of becoming a star QB. I only read that there were some big concerns that might prevent him from doing so.

Smith seems to be a player that you either love or hate. Much like Cam Newton who I think will prove to be a franchise type QB. I don't think Smith is worth trading up for and I don't think he will be there at 8. Something tells me the Eagles will take him, if not the Jags will. Overall I don't think Smith will be good but I see the potential there.

STFU. God forbid a black qb gets compared to a non black qb. I was comparing RG3 to Steve Young before the draft. Everyone compared him to Vick or Newton. There has never been a white qb with a quirky personality.

But I'm the racist for not comparing players solely by their race. Another great point,

I was pointing out how stupid your point was about Newton "holding" back the Panthers. There are no other factors in a team's success, only QB.

If you are having trouble, I suggest that you call someone and get help. Seriously.

Here is what he said about Cam:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/03/29/cam-newton-scouting-report

Praised his ability and trashed his personality. Cam's leadership was called out publicly last season.

Agreed. Cam aint a franchise qb and neither is Geno. Compare Cam to Luck and Griffen and there is no comparison. All three played on teams with about the same talent level yet very different results.