Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith III - QB - West Virginia

The only quarterback I want in this draft is Geno Smith. He has a unique skill set that you could build an offense around especially if you are innovative and adapt schemes to players strengths. Add his dynamic skillset to CJ Spiller in the backfield and you could have a dangerous offense.

What people on here seem to underestimate as well are leadership characteristics in a QB. I believe Geno Smith possesses great leadership qualities. He has a great positive attitude. He can handle the media with class, dignity and confidence. He also has a slight "edge" to him that guys would follow.

I think all the other QBs will basically be like Tannehills, Ponders; just mediocre guys who will never be a franchise quarterback.

The problem is I feel strongly the Eagles will take him at #4. They have Vick to be the veteran to groom Smith for one year or maybe even just a half year. Chip Kelly's offense largely depends on a mobile quarterback and I think they will take Geno Smith as their QB of the future.

I either hope we get lucky and they don't take him or Buddy Nix has the sack to trade up in front of them.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Geno is our best option for QB in this draft. I also agree the Eagles will take him.

If, IF, he lasts through the first 2 picks, then I am all for the Bills trading up with Oakland at #3.

Id be willing to offer Oakland our 2013 1st, 2nd, and 6th, and our 2014 2nd, and 6th (conditional to 4th). Not sure how that works out on the chart, points-wise though.

I agree that Geno is our best option for QB in this draft. I also agree the Eagles will take him.

If, IF, he lasts through the first 2 picks, then I am all for the Bills trading up with Oakland at #3.

Id be willing to offer Oakland our 2013 1st, 2nd, and 6th, and our 2014 2nd, and 6th (conditional to 4th). Not sure how that works out on the chart, points-wise though.

Are u out of your mind, we need more than a QB to build our team. Oakland just gave away a boat load of picks to Cincinnati and look where they are. Marrone owned West Virginia and Smith everytime. We need a linebacker and then a QB 2nd round.

The only quarterback I want in this draft is Geno Smith. He has a unique skill set that you could build an offense around especially if you are innovative and adapt schemes to players strengths. Add his dynamic skillset to CJ Spiller in the backfield and you could have a dangerous offense.

What people on here seem to underestimate as well are leadership characteristics in a QB. I believe Geno Smith possesses great leadership qualities. He has a great positive attitude. He can handle the media with class, dignity and confidence. He also has a slight "edge" to him that guys would follow.

I think all the other QBs will basically be like Tannehills, Ponders; just mediocre guys who will never be a franchise quarterback.

The problem is I feel strongly the Eagles will take him at #4. They have Vick to be the veteran to groom Smith for one year or maybe even just a half year. Chip Kelly's offense largely depends on a mobile quarterback and I think they will take Geno Smith as their QB of the future.

I either hope we get lucky and they don't take him or Buddy Nix has the sack to trade up in front of them.

don't worry, the Chiefs will take him and save us from another QB mistake.

Geno Smith would not be a mistake, that's laughable, and I expect one or 2 teams in front of the Bills to make moves on QB's like Alex Smith and possibly Foles. SO the scenario of a QB dropping to #8 is still a possibilty.

teams liek Arizona are equaly desperate for OL. Can't put a rookie behind an OL that can't block that's a disaster waiting to happen

This might be me...but, its easier to defend against a mobile QB like Geno Smith, Cam Newton and Mike Vick in today's pro football

If you look hard at the position...QB's that are more pocket prone and can beat you with their arm--while being average/slight above average in mobility have been tops in the league and have taken their teams to the playoffs/Super Bowl

Alas Flacco, Mannings and Brady

Are u out of your mind, we need more than a QB to build our team. Oakland just gave away a boat load of picks to Cincinnati and look where they are. Marrone owned West Virginia and Smith everytime. We need a linebacker and then a QB 2nd round.

**see RG3, Luck** QB is boss in the NFL. Time for us to catch up with the Joneses

Edited by Ryan L Billz

don't worry, the Chiefs will take him and save us from another QB mistake.

I agree with BB.

I think Hackett-Marrone can do more with a RD2 QB than we think (see what Marrone & Co. did with sub-.500 team in New Orleans with a short, accurate QB named Brees). And I think our 31st ranked defense needs the #8 pick.

THANK GOD! Will be a total bust

Assuming our own FAs are signed, our top needs are:

1. QB

then far behind that...

2. LB

3. WR

then some more LBs, OLs, DBs, WRs for depth and grooming.

Nothing, NOTHING, is as important as our QB need. And no other position is as important in the modern league. We have a glaring hole at the most important position. The Redskins needed a lot more in their rebuild, and look what simply adding RG3 did for them.

Not saying Smith is RG3, but an upgrade at QB does wonders for a team and is really the only magic bullet out there.

Oakland's problems, needs, and failures have nothing to do with our needs.

....The problem is I feel strongly the Eagles will take him at #4.....

Do you have a strong history of psychic prediction?

Please let me know if you do because I am looking for a reason to be extra worried about something.

Do you have a strong history of psychic prediction?

Please let me know if you do because I am looking for a reason to be extra worried about something.

Yes, I am Nastradamus reincarnated.

All I want to add is that Geno is not a running QB. If you don't believe me you can look up his rushing stats over his WVU career.

That's true that he is not a run first QB which is a positive. However he can certainly hurt you with his legs.