Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith III - QB - West Virginia

Cam regressed rather significantly last year, and his attitude/demeanor were widely criticized. So there's that...

I was going to post this. His second year was good, but the team turned on him which could continue the downward trend.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know this is way off target and destined to make this go over to PPP, but I came up with my own little saying....'If God really hated fa**ots, he never would have 'made' Freddy Mercury"...at least i think i made it up...perhaps i had heard it somewhere else....

khcfelL.gif

23, nearly 8,000 yards passing, nearly 1,500 yards rushing, 62 combined tds, plays on a team with one of the worst defenses, & the Panthers were one of the hottest teams to end the season.

That Nolan dude was so right. I'd hate to get a player like that on the Bills.

Great point. All W and Ls are solely on one player. Drew Breea is clearly the reason the Saints didn't make the playoffs. It is Geno Smiths fault his defense gave up 35 points per game. He sucks at tackling from the sideline.

What are you even babbling about?

That's a swell trick, but you really should learn another one.

STFU. God forbid a black qb gets compared to a non black qb. I was comparing RG3 to Steve Young before the draft. Everyone compared him to Vick or Newton. There has never been a white qb with a quirky personality.

But I'm the racist for not comparing players solely by their race. Another great point,

What are you even babbling about?

I was pointing out how stupid your point was about Newton "holding" back the Panthers. There are no other factors in a team's success, only QB.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

. You forgot to add warren moon & Randall Cunningham.

I want EJ Manuel or Matt Scott and my third guy I like is Smith, I can't stand the thought of the Bills drafting either Nassib or Barkley so I'm not sure where you're going with that buddy.

Found this comment on Geno today. Reading this are you still wanting him to come to the Bills??

This is just a small sample of Pro Football Weekly's scouting report on Geno Smith, in their NFL Draft Preview book: Average field vision, Nonchalant field presense, has pin legs and bad pocket posture, does not command respect from his teammates, cannot inspire, Mild practice demeanor - no urgency, Interviewed poorly at the combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board, needed to be coddled in college, cannot handle hard coaching, overhyped product of the system, could drain energy from a QB room. -Nolan Nawrocki, Pro Football Weekly

This makes me NOT want him.

Thoughts?

Nawrocki is good at what he does.

I want EJ Manuel or Matt Scott and my third guy I like is Smith, I can't stand the thought of the Bills drafting either Nassib or Barkley so I'm not sure where you're going with that buddy.

Trust me, I don't think you're racist but these comparison are so lazy. Cutler is probably the most "quirky" Qb in the league.

Narwocki called Newton a high-risk, high-reward player. He didn't say he was a certain bust. Nix was supposedly planning on taking him if he were available. I see Smith as a similar player.

Which is why the signing of Kolb was of such a benefit - any QB the Bills draft gets time to time to develop.

STFU. God forbid a black qb gets compared to a non black qb. I was comparing RG3 to Steve Young before the draft. Everyone compared him to Vick or Newton. There has never been a white qb with a quirky personality.

But I'm the racist for not comparing players solely by their race. Another great point,

No, you're the racist because you bring race into every discussion. Another great "I can't f@#$ing believe you missed the most obvious of points", C.Biscuit.

Narwocki called Newton a high-risk, high-reward player. He didn't say he was a certain bust. Nix was supposedly planning on taking him if he were available. I see Smith as a similar player.

Which is why the signing of Kolb was of such a benefit - any QB the Bills draft gets time to time to develop.

I'd rather just start a rookie than Kolb.

Cutler is more of a complete jerk IMO.

Sorry, I meant no offense. But people get so lazy with comparisons. Kuechly got compared to every white LB. I think folks could do better that that.

I was pointing out how stupid your point was about Newton "holding" back the Panthers. There are no other factors in a team's success, only QB.

I said that Newton was holding the Panthers back? You should try re-reading what I said after going over the original premise of the thread and a few select comments and try your approach again.

So far you're not doing too well.

I was going to post this. His second year was good, but the team turned on him which could continue the downward trend.

They finished the season 5-1 & I didn't hear any complaints about his attitude. He was 23 & never lost in his life. I think it's an adjustment. No great qb handles losing well. Marino would scream at teammates.

Geno Smith was carving up defenses & had to watch a defense that gave up 35 points per game. When you're blowing games your senior year because of that, it probably does get frustrating.

i know this is way off target and destined to make this go over to PPP, but I came up with my own little saying....'If God really hated fa**ots, he never would have 'made' Freddy Mercury"...at least i think i made it up...perhaps i had heard it somewhere else....

Ha! Off-topic indeed.

You've interrupted what is clearly a productive, non-contentious thread.

That's very damning. Although we may be taking these comments out of context, I'm wary of people who don't have at least one good thing to say about someone. The world is not black and white.

I am certain that Profootballweekly had some good things to say about Smith. They are one of the good (IMHO) draft information sources as they have a lot of connections with NFL teams.

I would not be at all surprised if Smith is not the first QB drafter (or even the 2nd).

Great point. All W and Ls are solely on one player. Drew Breea is clearly the reason the Saints didn't make the playoffs. It is Geno Smiths fault his defense gave up 35 points per game. He sucks at tackling from the sideline.

for a 2 month stretch it was OVER 50 points per game.

Clearly, Smith's fault since Qbs are the sole reasons teams win and lose.

its funny, cause games like that happen, and you can get on a guy for losing a shootout sometimes... but TWO MONTHS STRAIGHT giving up an average over 50. after awhile, there has to be an element of being at a loss for answers thats somewhat acceptable. Im not even sure it got to that with him, but if it did... well... i would kind of get it.