Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith III - QB - West Virginia

Mayock loved Blaine Gabbert & called part time college starter Robert Ayers the best defensive player on his draft. He guesses like the majority of fans. He's just lucky to get paid for it.

Yes, he was wrong on those two guys as well as Jamarcus Russell, but he's right more often than he's wrong.

I also pointed out in the Nassib thread that Mayock has received offers from NFL teams to join their front office, so he is actually pretty highly thought of around the league as a personnel evaluator...he really does know what teams look for in a prospect.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he was wrong on those two guys as well as Jamarcus Russell, but he's right more often than he's wrong.

I also pointed out in the Nassib thread that Mayock has received offers from NFL teams to join their front office, so he is actually pretty highly thought of around the league as a personnel evaluator...he really does know what teams look for in a prospect.

He's definitely my favorite out of all of them but fans need to take things with a grain of salt. Personally, I'd rather just stay on tv than be in a NFL front office. You don't get fired for your mistakes on tv. Look at Matt Millen. He's basically a total joke now after the Lions.

He's definitely my favorite out of all of them but fans need to take things with a grain of salt. Personally, I'd rather just stay on tv than be in a NFL front office. You don't get fired for your mistakes on tv. Look at Matt Millen. He's basically a total joke now after the Lions.

Absolutely...I'm pretty sure that's why he turned down the Raiders' overtures a few years back

Anyone see the geno camp gruden today? My buddy says he looked stupid. Any thoughts for those that saw it?

Its on right now

He didn't wow, but he definitely didnt look stupid. He's just a mellow personality, and a 22 year old kid. Seemed to know a lot about whatever Gruden asked him. Gruden's all fluff though anyways.

Edited by DrDareustein

I remember those Gruden camps being a tougher challenge for the kid when he first started doing them than I saw tonight. He used to really grill them on their weaknesses, it was interesting.

Hate to use the term, but Gruden's show jumped the shark this year. First when he brought on Teo. Second when he had Kenny Chesney on.

Its on right now

He didn't wow, but he definitely didnt look stupid. He's just a mellow personality, and a 22 year old kid. Seemed to know a lot about whatever Gruden asked him. Gruden's all fluff though anyways.

Thx. I saw that it was on, but would have missed 1/2 of it. Gonna watch it on DVR later. I like him. While he definitely has some risk factor, I believe he has a pretty high ceiling and will be an exciting player. Most importantly an exciting QB.

Anyone see the geno camp gruden today? My buddy says he looked stupid. Any thoughts for those that saw it?

He's allegedly pretty smart - both skip grades at a young age smart, and be trusted to run a hurry up call his own plays for extended stretches shotgun style offense smart (haven't we heard hints of a kgun- just saying).

Mayock loved Blaine Gabbert & called part time college starter Robert Ayers the best defensive player on his draft. He guesses like the majority of fans. He's just lucky to get paid for it.

Mayock doesn't guess as he watches endless hours of film on college players at this time every year. Ever see his eyes as it get closer to the draft, it looks like he hasn't slept in days.

Like every scout out there he misses now and then. But sometimes its the coaching or situation the players find themselves in. Ayers had to make the transition from DE to OLB which isn't easy. I think he will improve under John Fox who should keep him at DE.

Gabbert is on his 2nd coaching staff already, and it usually takes 3-4 years to develop a QB under the same regime. That said Gabbert went 1-9 last year and may never fully develop. The kid did grade out as good as Kerry Collins by a lot of scouts. So lots got this one wrong.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Here's the link in the link which shows the programming schedule for "Gruden's QB Camp."

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2013/03/espns-2013-grudens-qb-camp-program-schedule/

The schedule shows all the repeats as well.

If you simply want to know which players are appearing this year, those shows are highlighted in yellow.

Here's the link in the link which shows the programming schedule for "Gruden's QB Camp."

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2013/03/espns-2013-grudens-qb-camp-program-schedule/

The schedule shows all the repeats as well.

If you simply want to know which players are appearing this year, those shows are highlighted in yellow.

Just saw a lot of clips of it and kiper discussing it on espn. It'll be all over the nfl programming the next few weeks. Even if not in its entirety, you'll be sick of seeing it by draft day I bet.

Just saw a lot of clips of it and kiper discussing it on espn. It'll be all over the nfl programming the next few weeks. Even if not in its entirety, you'll be sick of seeing it by draft day I bet.

Actually I can't stand Gruden and have never watched the show.

That said, I'm saddened to hear some fans of the show say that it's going downhill a bit. From what I hear it's arguably it's the best TV work Gruden has done so I hope he doesn't water it down to broaden its appeal.

Just because it looks like the Bills will draft a QB this year, I might have to make an effort to watch some of the episodes.

Actually I can't stand Gruden and have never watched the show.

That said, I'm saddened to hear some fans of the show say that it's going downhill a bit. From what I hear it's arguably it's the best TV work Gruden has done so I hope he doesn't water it down to broaden its appeal.

Just because it looks like the Bills will draft a QB this year, I might have to make an effort to watch some of the episodes.

It's still interesting, even if he's not getting as tough on them. I never expect him to beat anyone up but he does get out of their comfort zones a little. Can't get too rough or no one will come on the show. You also get to see their personality while doing the work as opposed to just interview answers which is interesting.

Sport science just gave a lot of love to ej Manuel on his quick release and accuracy under pressure with a couple tests he absolutely killed compared to just about anyone that's ever run them on the show.

Edited by NoSaint

after watching the show yesterday and hearing Gruden and Geno talk about the uptempo offense he ran and then seeing the comments this morning from Kevin Kolb about the uptempo offense the Bills are planning makes me think maybe Geno is the target? It scares the crap out of me, but I think this might be the guy they are going after.

It's still interesting, even if he's not getting as tough on them. I never expect him to beat anyone up but he does get out of their comfort zones a little. Can't get too rough or no one will come on the show. You also get to see their personality while doing the work as opposed to just interview answers which is interesting.

While what you say is true, it was very different. I hadn't seen one of these since the first year he did it and then I watched last night, and it was night and day. We don't get to see these kids get asked the tough questions the way they are in team interviews, and for me that was what was so cool about it. Last night he didn't once ask Geno about anything he doesn't do well, just focused on his strengths the whole time. It was like a half hour commercial for Geno and the WV offense.

You do still get to a see a bit more of their personalities than usual, which is interesting.