Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith III - QB - West Virginia

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been pushing for Geno since September. At this point, Im all for trading up to #2 or #3 to get him. Make it happen.

If they think Geno is the guy i'm with you. Don't want to hear about only having 6 picks and having holes to fill. The holes you fill mean nothing without a QB. It's just our luck Geno has a great pro day and Barkley will probably do the same and both won't be around at 8th overall

I am not sure if I can get excited about this as I think he will gone before 8, plus he played really bad in cold weather during the Bowl game.

If they want him, they'll trade up for him. Like you, I don't think there's any chance of him falling to us at 8. If they really like him, go get him.

It's sad when the Bills send us texts that we're working out a potential draft pick.

Edited by NewEra

I am not sure if I can get excited about this as I think he will gone before 8, plus he played really bad in cold weather during the Bowl game.

I understand your point but how many bad weather games does Buffalo have a year anyways? And most QBs are going to play worse in bad weather. You won't want Peyton Manning because he plays bad in crappy weather?

I think this kid has all the tools and people are going to extreme lengths to put him down. He can be a franchise QB.

But what will they trade, they only have 6 picks. I really don't want to see us lose another player on the roster. I agree if they want him go get him but for what?

i could care less anymore.........i will sacrifice the next troupe/aaron williams/ron brooks etc for a legit QB all day everyday. its not like we are drafting all pros anyways. this will give Nix less opportunity to draft more guys that we cut........ make it easy IMO.

show me the baby! I want a top tier qb.......i may be wrong but i feel Geno is that guy.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

we could pass AZ with a 3rd rounder maybe, but i don't even think they're the biggest threat. we don't have enough to pass Jax and Oak without giving up next year's #1 as well.

anyone really want to do that? use up this and next year's #1's, when next year's #1 might get us someone as good or better than Geno anyway? i'd rather not.

I'm not putting him down, just stating a fact, don't mind most of the QB's in the draft..I just don't think he will be available. I think after watching all his games this year I can at least mention something I am concerned about . He is a far better QB then I will ever be..lol even at Madden and it gets pretty windy in Buffalo especially in that stadium.

i could care less anymore.........i will sacrifice the next troupe/aaron williams/ron brooks etc for a legit QB all day everyday. its not like we are drafting all pros anyways. this will give Nix less opportunity to draft more guys that we cut........ make it easy IMO.

show me the baby! I want a top tier qb.......i may be wrong but i feel Geno is that guy.

Yup. I love the people that say they won't draft him at a certain sport because that's not where Mel Kiper has his value. If you believe a guy is a franchise QB, you do whatever it takes to get him. And if he's not the guy, draft another guy next year and repeat until you find one.

If those 7-9 Losman/ Edwards' team had a legit franchise QB, we won't been in a 13 year playoff drought.

i agree he wont be there at 8 and it will at a minimum cost the Bills two firsts to move up high enough to get him which IMO will have to be the Jax pick at 2

you dont judge a player based on their bowl game performance