Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith III - QB - West Virginia

I'm not putting him down, just stating a fact, don't mind most of the QB's in the draft..I just don't think he will be available. I think after watching all his games this year I can at least mention something I am concerned about . He is a far better QB then I will ever be..lol even at Madden and it gets pretty windy in Buffalo especially in that stadium.

Sorry, I was talking about people in general. The guy threw like 90 tds to 20 ints for his career, goes to Manning QB camp in the offseason, was talked about being the #1 overall pick, and had one of the worst defenses in the country.

Also, I just think the whole Buffalo weather factor gets really overplayed. SF is windy. I think there is one or 2 games a year where weather is a major factor. And he was playing ball in WV which I won't describe as tropical.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not sold on Geno but if the Bills are then they should grab him, thats why they are the GM's and scouts and "I am not. . Nix usually won't give up many draft picks. Although I admit I am an armchair GM there is a reason they are in their position and I am not.

I'm still not sold on Geno but if the Bills are then they should grab him, thats why they are the GM's and scouts and "I am not. . Nix usually won't give up many draft picks. Although I admit I am an armchair GM there is a reason they are in their position and I am not.

Exactly. IF the Bills believe he is a franchise guy, they shouldn't wait and hope he drops. They need to grab him. Dan Synder spent money like a drunken sailor and the Skins sucked. Finally, he goes and gets a franchise QB and they make the playoffs.

I would take EJ as well at 8 before Geno personal preference, after watching as many football games as possible NFL NCAA heck I even watch the CFL.....sssh I watched the XFL...and the WFL.... for me EJ beats out Geno not from bowl games but from all the games I watched.

I would take EJ as well at 8 before Geno personal preference, after watching as many football games as possible NFL NCAA heck I even watch the CFL.....sssh I watched the XFL...and the WFL.... for me EJ beats out Geno not from bowl games but from all the games I watched.

EJ has been way too inconsistent with a much much better team around him than Geno had IMO. I like both of them but feel Geno has way less "bustability" to him.

I am not sure if I can get excited about this as I think he will gone before 8, plus he played really bad in cold weather during the Bowl game.

The org needs to cut the BS and call Jacksonville and trade up. Don't take chances if this kid is the guy.

EJ has been way too inconsistent with a much much better team around him than Geno had IMO. I like both of them but feel Geno has way less "bustability" to him.

more inconsistent, but does not have the offensive scheme or weapons that Geno does either. Smith has maybe the best offensive weapon in the draft, plus another talented WR. plus Manuel has the size.

i think if the Bills really were "convinced" as people like to say, that he's the guy... they would not be the only ones. and maybe this is the case. but Jags and Raiders would just take him then if it was that sure of a thing. More likely, everyone feels he "might" be the guy. So if there's a 40% chance he is, but a 35% Manuel is, and 30% chance Nassib is, and 25% Tyler Wilson is... hard to imagine they'd give up next year's first round pick just because they feel there is a SLIGHTLY better chance he is the guy.

i have the feeling they have these guys ranked pretty closely, and may just wait until their 2nd pick. or at the very least, not trade up.

i could care less anymore.........i will sacrifice the next troupe/aaron williams/ron brooks etc for a legit QB all day everyday. its not like we are drafting all pros anyways. this will give Nix less opportunity to draft more guys that we cut........ make it easy IMO.

show me the baby! I want a top tier qb.......i may be wrong but i feel Geno is that guy.

I completely agree.

Cam/Luck/RG3/Wilson/Kaepernick i just want to be in the same hemisphere as these guys.

this is all i want. ton's of young good talent at the qb position and the league is in a good place......we just need to join in..........i have zero problems with Tannenhill/Foles/Weeden as well. Blows my mind we couldn't at least have snatched up ole Foles.

If Geno were to not be selected by the Raiders or before then, than I think you consider trading up, assuming of course the Bills really like him. In order to leapfrog the Raiders, you'd probably have to give up this years and next years first, and I think there are enough questions about Geno to make that a risky decision. The cost of trading up to the #5 slot would be more reasonable than the #1 or #2.

Cam/Luck/RG3/Wilson/Kaepernick i just want to be in the same hemisphere as these guys.

this is all i want. ton's of young good talent at the qb position and the league is in a good place......we just need to join in..........i have zero problems with Tannenhill/Foles/Weeden as well. Blows my mind we couldn't at least have snatched up ole Foles.

I think this kid is going to be at least as good as Tannehill, and, in my opinion, better. Hopefully he lasts to #8.

I hope they take him outside in the cold and hopefully snow and work him out.

excellent idea. i know people say there is only 1 game every couple years it's a factor, but i still want to see what he's made of. and if we ever get a playoff game here, good chance weather is a factor. i say bring them all in today... Manuel, Wilson... snowball fight to see who's our champion!

I am not a fan of trading up for Geno.

If this was next year and this was Johnny Football I would go all in!!

CBF

Next year Johnny Football very well could have lost some luster. He looks like a player, but Jake Locker, JP Losman, Matt Barkley, Matt Leinart were all guys that looked like can't miss #1s heading into their draft year.

There is a pretty rich QB class next year, I must admit. I'm intrigued by Murray and Boyd - was hoping they'd come out this season.

Next year Johnny Football very well could have lost some luster. He looks like a player, but Jake Locker, JP Losman, Matt Barkley, Matt Leinart were all guys that looked like can't miss #1s heading into their draft year.

There is a pretty rich QB class next year, I must admit. I'm intrigued by Murray and Boyd - was hoping they'd come out this season.

Johnny Football also plays for a coach who's offense produced the NCAA's all time passing leader at Houston. Very QB friendly system. Love watching him, but it's silly to act like any Qb is a slam dunk.

Agreed on Murray and Boyd. They would have made this a very good and deep class. I do know that Landry Jones is awful.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

i agree with all the posters who want to trade up and get him. if you're in love with geno, or with any of the QBs for that matter, trade up to and grab him. enough is enough. we haven't had a NFL calibre QB since Bledsoe. but buddy wants us to be patient, 13, 15, 18, 25, 60 years, whatever. it takes time to build a winner.

With so many holes, I don't see how they can trade up now... probably 2 firsts and a second for a guy who is not a sure thing like RG3 was... and I'm in the same boat as all of you wanting a Franchise QB...

I'm not sold on Geno though... He will be picked before the 8th if they don't trade up.

I like it! Lets stockpile picks next year and stay on course for being top 2 worst teams in NFL this season. That way we are guaranteed either Clowney or Johnny Football, and have picks to spare

If we play our cards right we could get both...a la madden