Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith III - QB - West Virginia

I would take EJ as well at 8 before Geno personal preference, after watching as many football games as possible NFL NCAA heck I even watch the CFL.....sssh I watched the XFL...and the WFL.... for me EJ beats out Geno not from bowl games but from all the games I watched.

Any good prospects in the LFL?

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. IF the Bills believe he is a franchise guy, they shouldn't wait and hope he drops. They need to grab him. Dan Synder spent money like a drunken sailor and the Skins sucked. Finally, he goes and gets a franchise QB and they make the playoffs.

Problem is Geno Smith isn't even half the QB RG3 is. RG3 was a sure thing. Geno isn't. Terrible comparison.

With so many holes, I don't see how they can trade up now... probably 2 firsts and a second for a guy who is not a sure thing like RG3 was... and I'm in the same boat as all of you wanting a Franchise QB...

I'm not sold on Geno though... He will be picked before the 8th if they don't trade up.

so many holes applies to the redskins and colts as well.............but guess what the qb is duct tape for the holes.

our regular hole patching process is yielding bum after bum.....might as well go after that QB i say.

get er dun!

Problem is Geno Smith isn't even half the QB RG3 is. RG3 was a sure thing. Geno isn't. Terrible comparison.

70% completion percentage...........he's not half more like three quarters worth of RG3.

so many holes applies to the redskins and colts as well.............but guess what the qb is duct tape for the holes.

our regular hole patching process is yielding bum after bum.....might as well go after that QB i say.

get er dun!

There is no Luck or RGIII in this draft... Not even a Cam Newton.

Complete BS. http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/page/NextLevel120419/doubters-drove-robert-griffin-iii-make-big-leap

And from the people of this very board: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/140560-the-official-rgiii-thread/page__hl__%20robert%20%20griffin

Complete BS. http://espn.go.com/n...i-make-big-leap

And from the people of this very board: http://forums.twobil...robert griffin

Lol I posted on the 2nd page in that thread saying that "I loved RGIII"..

You could clearly see before the draft that he was going to be special... I want to believe in Geno but I'm just not seeing it. He had a miserable 2nd half of the season... Sure you can blame that terrible defense but he didn't do much on his own side of the ball... and he had some really great targets in Bailey and Austin who deserve some credit.

I don't see how anyone who watches college football regularly could ever say "Geno Smith has everything that a team is looking for." That's absolutely ludicrous. He solely plays out of a spread formation and doesn't take snaps from under center. I guess the fantasy football crowd probably thinks that's no big deal - "Heck, how hard could it be to take 3 steps back, right?" Let's also overlook the fact that the Airraid scheme in WV only teaches a QB to focus on reading half of the field. With all the underneath throws and wide open receivers, there's a legitimate concern that after 3 years at QB he still can't properly cycle through his read progressions. Bah, who cares right? I mean 42TDs and 6 INTS guys!!! That will certainly translate to the NFL! How's he perform with a pass rush on him? Well that's hard to say as well, because he rarely faced a pass rush in college.

I'm not going to argue these points - it's too difficult when the subject is so adored, but they are valid concerns. I will however completely rain on your parade with this tidbit - Jeff Lurie personally attended Smith's Pro Day, only the 2nd time in his 19 year ownership of the Eagles that he has done that (Donovan McNabb was the other). So forget about him at 8, and sorry but no, this isn't the "complete package QB" that a team trades up for.

I don't see how anyone who watches college football regularly could ever say "Geno Smith has everything that a team is looking for." That's absolutely ludicrous. He solely plays out of a spread formation and doesn't take snaps from under center. I guess the fantasy football crowd probably thinks that's no big deal - "Heck, how hard could it be to take 3 steps back, right?" Let's also overlook the fact that the Airraid scheme in WV only teaches a QB to focus on reading half of the field. With all the underneath throws and wide open receivers, there's a legitimate concern that after 3 years at QB he still can't properly cycle through his read progressions. Bah, who cares right? I mean 42TDs and 6 INTS guys!!! That will certainly translate to the NFL! How's he perform with a pass rush on him? Well that's hard to say as well, because he rarely faced a pass rush in college.

I'm not going to argue these points - it's too difficult when the subject is so adored, but they are valid concerns. I will however completely rain on your parade with this tidbit - Jeff Lurie personally attended Smith's Pro Day, only the 2nd time in his 19 year ownership of the Eagles that he has done that (Donovan McNabb was the other). So forget about him at 8, and sorry but no, this isn't the "complete package QB" that a team trades up for.

Couldn't agree more.... People need to stop touting stats and watch some of his games.. - Against legitimate opponents..

Lol I posted on the 2nd page in that thread saying that "I loved RGIII"..

You could clearly see before the draft that he was going to be special... I want to believe in Geno but I'm just not seeing it. He had a miserable 2nd half of the season... Sure you can blame that terrible defense but he didn't do much on his own side of the ball... and he had some really great targets in Bailey and Austin who deserve some credit.

But the point was there still were questions and there still are. Can he survive at his size playing the way he does? Every prosepct gets picked apart and overanalyzed. I don't know if Smith with be a star QB in the NFL but there's not a doubt in my mind that he has the skill set of a top 10 overall pick, especially given his position.

This is complete and utter nonsense. No QB, at ANY level, is taught to read "half the field." It defies every tenet of offensive football and the reasons should be obvious to anyone that's more than a casual fan of the game.

GO BILLS!!!

But the point was there still were questions and there still are. Can he survive at his size playing the way he does? Every prosepct gets picked apart and overanalyzed. I don't know if Smith with be a star QB in the NFL but there's not a doubt in my mind that he has the skill set of a top 10 overall pick, especially given his position.

Would you trade high picks from this draft and next to move into a position to grab him? He will not be there at 8.

Too bad he only played in the "AirRaid" 2 of 4 yrs. The other 2 were under Bill Stewart and a more traditional under center offense.

Would you trade high picks from this draft and next to move into a position to grab him? He will not be there at 8.

If I sat down with Smith and truly believed he was the QB to finally take this team to the next level, yes I would but you need to be sure. Like I said, I know he has the skills but it takes more than that to make it as a pro.

But at some point, you need to stop settling for QBs or hoping that next year's draft will be the year to draft one. Go big or go home and if you don't get the right guy, admit your mistake and draft another guy.

Couldn't agree more.... People need to stop touting stats and watch some of his games.. - Against legitimate opponents..

Like LSU in 2011 when he made one of the best secondaries in college football history (Claiborne, Matthieu, Brooks) look silly?

People make it sound like QBs play in a vaccuum. Look at his games where he "struggled" against better opponents this past season and watch every play. Much of the time he had no chance with that sieve of an OLine and, especially against K State, when better teams took Austin out of the game.

GO BILLS!!!