Explosions at the boston marathon

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some of that stuff they are trying to point out in the pictures is just ridiculous.

Internet forensic experts. Who the hell needs the FBI?

Yes, but the point is if a bunch of schmucks on the web can observe that much stuff in a picture, imagine what trained personnel can. And yes...someone pointed out the girl's azz in yoga pants and wrote "da bomb." OK...I hate to admit it, but I chuckled.

id imagine that they process a lot of the same stuff we do but can sort through it much more efficiently, by eye, and then with various facial recognition type programs you can find the same guy across photos and film quicker. add in some behavioral recognition training.... they also have a lot of footage that we dont have access to which likely helps answer the "what about that guy" stuff that internet posters would get hung up on.

couple all that with knowledge of the backpack, exact locations of the blasts, better timelines on how the photos fit together....

that plus hundreds of them likely dedicated to it around the clock... and its hard to believe they have no idea, although its very possible they are stuck at a pool of suspects instead of just one or two.

on a total "i watch homeland on showtime" level, part of me wants to believe they already have the guy swept off the streets and in custody and its just far above any of our security clearances.

Yes.

Just saw on FB (from a local news anchor) that Federal Agents have identified a potential suspect. Video from a dept. stor and TV Station captured a man putting a package down near the mailbox where one of the bombs went off. I haven't verfied this with an external link (I'm working), but it's worth looking into.

Just saw on FB (from a local news anchor) that Federal Agents have identified a potential suspect. Video from a dept. stor and TV Station captured a man putting a package down near the mailbox where one of the bombs went off. I haven't verfied this with an external link (I'm working), but it's worth looking into.

Yeah you have to know that some of those stores had security cams on that area.

If this was Hawaii 5-0, McGarrett would've already tackled the guy into the ocean by now...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/boston-blasts/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Excellent work.

About effing time! It's been almost 48 hours.

joes nonsense aside - 48 hour turnaround to assess what happened, collect data, analyze it all, figure out that suspects identity AND track him down to arrest him is pretty darn impressive when you think about it.

if its the right person, the authorities definitely deserve credit for that.