Explosions at the boston marathon

Craziness going down in Boston/Watertown right now:

The Boston Globe@BostonGlobe 8m
    Official: Marathon bombing suspect in custody, another remains on the loose http://b.globe.com/17K9a7D

Expand

bGlobe_normal.jpgThe Boston Globe@BostonGlobe 11m
    One Marathon bombing suspect has been caught, and another is on the loose in Watertown after a firefight with police, officials said.

Expand

If the Boston Globe is wrong, I give up on all media.

Looks like it could be him:

1636_403276213103075_298218957_n.jpg

New pics - same guy?:

http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My daughter has friends in Watertown . Her phone has been going off with text messages all night

I work in watertown and a lot of our employees live there. This is going to be a long day. I was going to drive up to NH after work but I may just go now just to be out of Boston.

I work in watertown and a lot of our employees live there. This is going to be a long day. I was going to drive up to NH after work but I may just go now just to be out of Boston.

Have the come to your door yet to search your place?

We are at the daughters house in Stoughton . She flew home last night. 10:50 as she was driving home from the airport she said that a ton of emergency vehicles heading in to the city.

Edited by mead107

Have the come to your door yet to search your place?

We are at the daughters house in Stoughton . She flew home last night. 10:50 as she was driving home from the airport she said that a ton of emergency vehicles heading in to the city.

I'm in somerville right now so fortunately I'm out of the way. It's crazy though to see the video they're showing on TV right now and I recognize one of the streets as one I drive to work on

I'm in somerville right now so fortunately I'm out of the way. It's crazy though to see the video they're showing on TV right now and I recognize one of the streets as one I drive to work on

son in law lived in Watertown after college.

Well that escalated quickly overnight!

They reported the MIT cop shooting at around 10:30 and then had a very large manhunt going on right away. At that point I knew it was theses guys. I just wish I had stayed up a little longer because it looks like all the watertown stuff happened about 30 minutes after I turned the tv off.

One brother allegedly drove over the other brother with the SUV they carjacked. Don't know if that was just happenstance during his escape, which it seemed to be, or somewhat intentional. One report I read said the one fell out of the SUV in the gunfight so it likely was during the getaway.

They reported the MIT cop shooting at around 10:30 and then had a very large manhunt going on right away. At that point I knew it was theses guys. I just wish I had stayed up a little longer because it looks like all the watertown stuff happened about 30 minutes after I turned the tv off.

If the one is actually still loose, it'd be quite the feat. The number of people chasing him from close proximity, to evade them even for a short span is crazy

One brother allegedly drove over the other brother with the SUV they carjacked. Don't know if that was just happenstance during his escape, which it seemed to be, or somewhat intentional. One report I read said the one fell out of the SUV in the gunfight so it likely was during the getaway.

It sounds like he ran him over after he had already been shot by the police. From what they're saying on the local news, it sounds like the older brother sacrificed himself so his brother could get away. They said he was on the street moving towards the cops and firing.

If the one is actually still loose, it'd be quite the feat. The number of people chasing him from close proximity, to evade them even for a short span is crazy

They're surrounding a specific house right now, so he may very well be in there. A woman came out of the house with a young child. They won't say much about it right now.

A lot action on a live shot from that house right now. The police are running aroud quite a bit now. They found something.

It sounds like he ran him over after he had already been shot by the police. From what they're saying on the local news, it sounds like the older brother sacrificed himself so his brother could get away. They said he was on the street moving towards the cops and firing.

They're surrounding a specific house right now, so he may very well be in there. A woman came out of the house with a young child. They won't say much about it right now.

A lot action on a live shot from that house right now. The police are running aroud quite a bit now. They found something.

Pretty wild watching this live. You gotta assume they've got something with that many cops on scene.

CNN is out of control right now. Hunting terrorists on live tv

Pretty wild watching this live. You gotta assume they've got something with that many cops on scene.

Out of curiousity, what station are you watching it on? Are they showing this stuff outside of Boston? And yes, the live viewing is crazy. The cops just shut them down though. So this is definitely the guy.

Now they're saying on local tv (NBC station) that they're not giving away any addresses or streets. They just did about 5 minutes earlier! I looked it up and its a neighborhood just off of an area I drive through daily.

Edited by shrader