Correct me if I am wrong, but the Bills need to take a RB pretty high.

PIZ

Can Spiller carry the load for the season? Unlikely.

Can Fred Jackson stay healthy? Is he back 100%?

I would like to see Lattimore picked in the 4th or 5th round if available.

With a questionable passing game, I would think the run is going to be relied on pretty heavily. Can they really go into the season with Choice as the lead backup?

If you can get Lattimore in the 5th, I dont care if you have 5 HOF running back on the roster, you take him

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

until you give me discounts on parking this year. Oh, and I'm bringing more sausage this season and you better not B word out and give it to one of your workers instead of eating it yourself.

Yeah Hammered.

Eat mrags' sausage yourself.

UDFA idea:

Zach Line SMU 6'0" 230: 1500 yd and 10 tds in'11

Can he make yardage on his own or is he dependent on, you know, a line?

I'm always modest when describing the length of things.

That's not your job.

What is the likelihood of a 4th or 5th round player ending up a good starter, as a rookie? If you have a desperate need for a starter I don't think those rounds are where you find them. Either the first 2 rounds or free agency. Pretty much any round after the 3rd. teams are just hoping to find someone that can make the team at ANY POSITION. Even running back.

If there is a RB high on their board, I don't think it's crazy talk to think they should select him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <---My wife thinks this line is 8 inches...I taught her well.

You're both very lucky.

What is the likelihood of a 4th or 5th round player ending up a good starter, as a rookie? If you have a desperate need for a starter I don't think those rounds are where you find them. Either the first 2 rounds or free agency. Pretty much any round after the 3rd. teams are just hoping to find someone that can make the team at ANY POSITION. Even running back.

If there is a RB high on their board, I don't think it's crazy talk to think they should select him.

Totally.

If there's a 3rd round RB sitting there in the 5th round amongst 5th round linebackers and guards, it's a no-brainer.

There should be a rule that you can only draft a rb first round one a decade. Rbs are just not big impact players anymore. Baltimore and SF are fine examples. B'more won it all featuring their passing attack. SF got to the next level by playing kap.

But watching both teams it's clear that they both like to run the ball.

San Francisco has been 4th an 8th in rushing yards the past two seasons while Baltimore has been 11th and 10th so both teams still place a good emphasis on offensive balance and running the ball.

Not surprising considering the head coaches are brothers and share similar philosophies.

The Bills absolutely do not need to draft a running back this year. It is the least of their worries. The C.J./Fred duo is one of the best in the league and they have already re-signed Choice.

You are assuming that FJ will be back in full strength to form one of the best RB Duos in the league. The OP was questioning if Jackson will be back to full strength. Secondly, Jackson had a big fumbling issue. When you fumble the football like Freddie did, you do not form one of the best duo RBs. Right now we have to mark that the Bills really have one great RB.

There should be a rule that you can only draft a rb first round one a decade. Rbs are just not big impact players anymore. Baltimore and SF are fine examples. B'more won it all featuring their passing attack. SF got to the next level by playing kap.

Frank Gore & Ray Rice aren't chopped liver. they are both multiple pro bowlers and big impact players.

there are hundreds of success stories of players not picked in the first round.

folks could argue all day on the best draft strategies......

the key is getting your "talent evaluators" to hit on their picks, no matter the position.

Frank Gore & Ray Rice aren't chopped liver. they are both multiple pro bowlers and big impact players.

there are hundreds of success stories of players not picked in the first round.

folks could argue all day on the best draft strategies......

the key is getting your "talent evaluators" to hit on their picks, no matter the position.

Rice and Gore were second and third rounders, respectively. Teams that draft RBs in the top ten are idiotic. First round RBs haven't made a Super Bowl in a long, long time.

I laughed when Cleveland traded up for Trent Richardson. Tampa wanted to trade up to Minnesota's spot, but Cleveland "won out"; the Bucs ended up taking Doug Martin at 31, and Martin had a better season, as did Alfred Morris.

Rice and Gore were second and third rounders, respectively. Teams that draft RBs in the top ten are idiotic. First round RBs haven't made a Super Bowl in a long, long time.

I laughed when Cleveland traded up for Trent Richardson. Tampa wanted to trade up to Minnesota's spot, but Cleveland "won out"; the Bucs ended up taking Doug Martin at 31, and Martin had a better season, as did Alfred Morris.

Though I wouldn't ever consider the concept that having a 1st round running back is essential to making a Super Bowl.......I also wouldn't advocate the concept that making a Super Bowl is somehow counter intuitive to selecting a RB in the 1st round(as you have done above).

Furthermore, your statement is quite incorrect......

1st round RBs who played in Super Bowls since 2000:

(Red = Main RB for winning SB team)

(Red bold = Drafted by, and main RB for winning SB team)

(Purple = Main RB for losing SB team)

(Purple Bold = Drafted by, and main RB for losing SB team)

2010: Rashard Mendenhall (Steelers)

2009: Reggie Bush (Saints)

2009: Joeseph Addai (Colts)

2009: Donald Brown (Colts)

2008: Edgerrin James (Cardinals)

2007: Laurence Maroney (Patriots)

2006: Joeseph Addai (Colts)

2006: Thomas Jones (Bears)

2006: Cedric Benson (Bears)

2005: Jerome Bettis (Steelers)

2005: Shaun Alexander (Seashawks)

2003: Antowain Smith (Patriots)

2002: Tyrone Wheatley (Raiders)

2001: Antowain Smith (Patriots)

2001: Marshall Faulk (Rams)

2001: Trung Canidate (Rams)

2000: Jamal Lewis (Ravens)

2000: Ron Dayne (Giants)

Edited by Dibs

Though I wouldn't ever consider the concept that having a 1st round running back is essential to making a Super Bowl.......I also wouldn't advocate the concept that making a Super Bowl is somehow counter intuitive to selecting a RB in the 1st round(as you have done above).

Furthermore, your statement is quite incorrect......

1st round RBs who played in Super Bowls since 2000:

(Red = Main RB for winning SB team)

(Red bold = Drafted by, and main RB for winning SB team)

(Purple = Main RB for losing SB team)

(Purple Bold = Drafted by, and main RB for losing SB team)

2010: Rashard Mendenhall (Steelers)

2009: Reggie Bush (Saints)

2009: Joeseph Addai (Colts)

2009: Donald Brown (Colts)

2008: Edgerrin James (Cardinals)

2007: Laurence Maroney (Patriots)

2006: Joeseph Addai (Colts)

2006: Thomas Jones (Bears)

2006: Cedric Benson (Bears)

2005: Jerome Bettis (Steelers)

2005: Shaun Alexander (Seashawks)

2003: Antowain Smith (Patriots)

2002: Tyrone Wheatley (Raiders)

2001: Antowain Smith (Patriots)

2001: Marshall Faulk (Rams)

2001: Trung Canidate (Rams)

2000: Jamal Lewis (Ravens)

2000: Ron Dayne (Giants)

Thanks for doing the research. I stand corrected. That being said, it would be a stretch to say that most of those players were integral to their Super Bowl appearance/win.