Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

Ryan Nassib will be our starting QB, we hired most of the staff from Syracuse offense. Some General Managers have this guy real high on there board. The only way we dont take this guy is if a team takes him before us. But if he is there , there is no way we DONT take him. Its the same scenario as the Miami Dolphins last year. So stop with all these predictions and mocks of who our 8th pick will be. It will be RYAN NASSIB! That is all

While you're at it, can you give us tonight's winning Lotto numbers?

Also, what do you plan to do to absolve yourself of all-knowingness if we don't pick Nassib @ #8 overall?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 prospect in the draft and losing any credibility they ever had...

http://www.nationalf...Version-50.html

I get that this Russ Lande has a serious and strange man crush going on with Nassib, but how can he keep his job at NFP after doing this? I've never seen anything like this in a draft blog. Ryan Nassib, #1 prospect in the NFL draft...LOL

Is it funny because you disagree? Or is it funny for a different reason. I have seen a few mocks with Nassib going to the Chiefs #1. At this point it is a guessing game and the "mocks" get more and more accurate as these people work their contacts. I watched a lot of Nassib and think he can turn into a good NFL qb. I also have seen alot of Geno Smith as well as others. Nobody in this class has separated themselves so people are going to have varying opinions. Add in that QB is such a vital position and it isn't a far stretch to think the top rated player at the most important position would be rated #1.

But go ahead continue on your anti-Nassib crusade. If you feel he isn't going to be good that's all fine and well we won't know until this fall. As for Russ Lande - he has worked in the NFL (the big knock on Kiper and McShay) and works for a national publication (Sporting News). He may know a thing or 2 more about scouting than you fwiw (not saying you can't disagree with him).

Guessing what player teams will select versus determining who are the better players remains two different subjects. If I want the best assessment of talent, Mayock is the guy.

I think the "guessing" isn't guessing at all. I think they work their contacts and find out who will go where and that is how they are accurate. Talent assesment (as you pointed out) is the key trait to look for in these prognosticators. I don't care where players are slotted I care about their talent, projection to the next level, etc.. Mayock is very good in this regard and I actually also used to enjoy Lande (when I had a subscription to sporting news before their service went wonky).

#1 prospect in the draft and losing any credibility they ever had...

http://www.nationalf...Version-50.html

I get that this Russ Lande has a serious and strange man crush going on with Nassib, but how can he keep his job at NFP after doing this? I've never seen anything like this in a draft blog. Ryan Nassib, #1 prospect in the NFL draft...LOL

Every year NFP comes out with rankings.

Every year it is apparent there is crack being smoked by their writers.

They really don't have any credibility in my book.

I feel that there is an excellent chance that Nassib is our pick at 8 and will probably be starting for the Bills in Sept. But a lot can happen between now and draft day to change that.

Really? I mean, do people really think the Bills, or anyone, would take Nassib in the 1st round? I haven't seen any credible site put Nassib in the 1st round and my eyes tell me he shouldn't even be drafted.

Plus, does anyone really believe Buddy is going to take a QB from the Big East? This pick is too important to rest it on familiarity, so I think Buffalo goes in another (read SOUTH) direction.