Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the times I saw Nassib play his receivers were dropping balls regularily.

barkley had two outstanding receivers in robert woods and marquise lee.

pro football weekly has said that nassib is the second best precision passer in the draft

the times I saw Nassib play his receivers were dropping balls regularily.

barkley had two outstanding receivers in robert woods and marquise lee.

pro football weekly has said that nassib is the second best precision passer in the draft

Must be the same thing with Glennon..his receivers dropped an average of 10 balls a game. I remember the senior bowl comments about Nassib having a weaker arm than thought. Really showed up on his deep outs and deep throws. Likes to gun the short throws.

nASSib last 2 yrs 44tds Barkley 75 tds Geno 73 tds . Nassib is captain checkdown 2 with Fitz arm strength and deep ball touch

Some perspective. Both Barkley and Smith played for mature college programs who consistently reloaded with A list recruits. Compare that to Syra cuse, a college program that was in shambles and haven't recruited an A lister in years. Compare the supporting cast each QB had. Remove the qb from their respective teams. WV & USC don't miss a beat. With Nassib out of the Syracuse lineup they don't win a damn game. Nassib was the heart and soul of his team. Smith had Tavon Austin, one of the most electrifying players in college. Barkely threw to the most polished wr in college and an excellent offensive line.

Nassib carried his team on his back. The supporting cast supplemented Barkley & Smith. Questioning Nassib's arm strength is ridiculous. He may not have the strongest arm in the draft, but he's the strongest, toughest, and smartest by a mile. On the engagement factor, he's off the charts and will put more time into the game than either Barkley or Smith.

Some perspective. Both Barkley and Smith played for mature college programs who consistently reloaded with A list recruits. Compare that to Syra cuse, a college program that was in shambles and haven't recruited an A lister in years. Compare the supporting cast each QB had. Remove the qb from their respective teams. WV & USC don't miss a beat. With Nassib out of the Syracuse lineup they don't win a damn game. Nassib was the heart and soul of his team. Smith had Tavon Austin, one of the most electrifying players in college. Barkely threw to the most polished wr in college and an excellent offensive line.

Nassib carried his team on his back. The supporting cast supplemented Barkley & Smith. Questioning Nassib's arm strength is ridiculous. He may not have the strongest arm in the draft, but he's the strongest, toughest, and smartest by a mile. On the engagement factor, he's off the charts and will put more time into the game than either Barkley or Smith.

He speaks the Trooth!!!! :thumbsup:

Nassib literally wilted in the Senior Bowl. He looked scared and intimidated in that game.

I agree with everything you said, plus Nassib had like 5 comeback wins so he didn't fail when he faced a heavy rush or being behind. Just give this kid a solid run game like he had at Syracuse and he should develop into a top NFL QB.

How'd Smith & Barkley look in the Senior Bowl?

Nuff said.

It is really smart to base your opinion on a player on an exhibition game played with a cast of players you are unfamiliar with, with different coaches calling plays you may or may not be used to running.

Also, Geno Smith didn't play in the Senior Bowl, but don't let that sway you from your expert opinion.

It is really smart to base your opinion on a player on an exhibition game played with a cast of players you are unfamiliar with, with different coaches calling plays you may or may not be used to running.

Also, Geno Smith didn't play in the Senior Bowl, but don't let that sway you from your expert opinion.

Not only that. Look how Nassib managed when the Syracuse coaches changed up the offense this year. He adapted and played well considering the lack of top talent around him. He should feel right at home in Buffalo.

That's my point. Senior Bowl isn't a good benchmark. It's all about physical skill set amd that's it. I know Barkely & smith didn't participate. Barkley was injured. But Smith hid from it like a girl.

If you break it down into credit, there is good and bad. Coming out of the season after the pinstripe bowl, Nassib had good credit. The more he throws at the combine, senior bowl, and public Senior Bowl Practice, the more bad credit this kid generates. Now there is something to be said for showing up, but it doesn't really mean anything if he can't ever produce. Barkley and Smith by not throwing or showing up, keep their credit where it is.

Kid is a career back up

JP Losman>Ryan Nassib every day, possibly even right now.

How'd Smith & Barkley look in the Senior Bowl?

Nuff said.

If you're intimidated by seniors, what does that say about how long it will take to be ready to take over an NFL team? That is if you even have the necessary arm strength and/or athletic ability to even be effective at that level, which I don't think he has. To me, Nassib is a Fitzpatrick clone, with the best case scenario him being Andy Dalton who's a forever average kind of guy. I haven't been waiting 20 years for the next Andy Dalton, I want the next Jim Kelly.

As for Geno and Barkley, I don't like either of them. I don't like Geno's sullen personality at all, and I think Barkley's another "best case scenario" Andy Dalton type.

If you're intimidated by seniors, what does that say about how long it will take to be ready to take over an NFL team? That is if you even have the necessary arm strength and/or athletic ability to even be effective at that level, which I don't think he has. To me, Nassib is a Fitzpatrick clone, with the best case scenario him being Andy Dalton who's a forever average kind of guy. I haven't been waiting 20 years for the next Andy Dalton, I want the next Jim Kelly.

As for Geno and Barkley, I don't like either of them. I don't like Geno's sullen personality at all, and I think Barkley's another "best case scenario" Andy Dalton type.

I'm so confused, are you saying we shouldn't draft a QB?

I'm so confused, are you saying we shouldn't draft a QB?

Let me first say that I think Barkley and Nassib are two great guys and would be great for the Bills to pick as "flyers" in later rounds. However there are two guys that, in my opinion, have both the physical skills and the right personality to possibly attain the top ten franchise NFL QB level and that's Matt Scott and EJ Manuel. Yes, they have drawbacks too but all of these guys do. They have the most upside to me. They are both fast, they can elude the rush and throw on the run, they can run with the ball, they are both accurate, they are both very personable guys which is important also.

There are negatives to Scott...only one year to evaluate, comes from a quick read offense, smallish build. The negatives on Manuel are inconsistencies in the passing game and he didn't put up huge numbers. With that being said, I still hope one of them is taken by the Bills at some point in this draft. I don't want either of them with the first round pick because neither are not worthy of that kind of risk there. But after that I wouldn't be upset if they picked one of them with the second round pick.

Edited by 1billsfan

nASSib last 2 yrs 44tds Barkley 75 tds Geno 73 tds . Nassib is captain checkdown 2 with Fitz arm strength and deep ball touch

You have no clue. "Checking down" is the worst part of Nassib's game if you've ever watched him play. I've watched every one of his games. His strength is his strong arm and mid-to-deep range throws, clutch game winning drive intangibles and Fitz-type of scrambling abilities. His weakness is accuracy in short-yardage passing, in the flats and throwing with pressure in his face. If you draft Nassib you better sign Levitre. Stop posting that this kid has a weak arm, etc. He would probably out-bench any player on our offensive.

In 2009 without Nassib, Syracuse won 4 games. 2 years later, with Nassib, they won 5 games. You are saying Syracuse will win zero gmaes next season? Crazy. Also, Barkley has had a great career in the Pac12, not the Big East.

And how do you know that Nassib is smarter by a mile than Barkley or that he will put more time into the game than him? Where do you get this from? If Marrone wasn't HC, would you even mention Nassib as a QB for the Bills?

Edited by Mr. WEO