Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

Trade down to the later part of the 1st round. If Marrone is married to Nassib, grab him...or whatever QB they like in this draft

A QB in the first would be a waste of a pick ! Of coarse the bills are pretty good at doing just that wasting picks.

It would be like the years that we missed on Orapko or Mathews, get a player that is ranked as a first rounder that will be a core player in B/Lo for years to come then go after the second rate QB talent when the pick is warranted !!

Defense wins championships & there are some really good talent in the first round that could help either at LB or DE grab them first !

After last year losing a few games by merely 2 or 3 points just confirms that if our D was a bit more stout we could have pulled out a few more wins.

Edited by T master

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A QB in the first would be a waste of a pick ! It would be like the years that we missed on Orapko or Mathews, get a player that is ranked as a first rounder that will be a core player in B/Lo for years to come then go after the second rate QB talent when the pick is warranted !!

Defense wins championships & there are some really good talent in the first round that could help either at LB or DE grab them first !

Who is this year's Orakpo or Matthews? Also, we passed on those dudes to draft Aaron Maybin, another defender, so I am not sure how this is like that at all. We need a QB more than anything, so if they find a guy who can play that position, it is more important. It is much harder to find QB talent later in the draft or in FA than it is to find LBs.

Def have changed my mind about the 1st round pick.....we need a guy who can start immediately in the 1st.....

We need to start looking at free agent QBs

There are no good free agent QBs that can come in and clearly be better than Fitz. I'd rather gamble with a rookie QB.

There are no good free agent QBs that can come in and clearly be better than Fitz. I'd rather gamble with a rookie QB.

I think unless they are dead-set on drafting two QBs, it will be pretty tough to go into April with nobody. And while no one may be better than Fitz, they may be able to find someone who is as serviceable as he is while 1) not costing as much and 2) not offering a history of having been the starter here, which could cause controversy down the road for a new staff.

We probably got lucky that Nassib didn't have the strongest week at the Senior Bowl because we can probably safely grab him in the 2nd while taking BPA in the 1st.

I still think that Nassib has as good upside.

I think he has some good upside. He gradually got better during his career, he has a good arm, and has a good head on his shoulders..... but he isn't a top prospect like luck or griffen, and has too much risk to be taken in the top ten. Taking him in the 2nd round is reasonable enough for me, though that senior bowl performance gives me more doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

#1 prospect in the draft and losing any credibility they ever had...

http://www.nationalf...Version-50.html

I get that this Russ Lande has a serious and strange man crush going on with Nassib, but how can he keep his job at NFP after doing this? I've never seen anything like this in a draft blog. Ryan Nassib, #1 prospect in the NFL draft...LOL

Edited by 1billsfan

#1 prospect in the draft and losing any credibility they ever had...

http://www.nationalf...Version-50.html

I get that this Russ Lande has a serious and strange man crush going on with Nassib, but how can he keep his job at NFP after doing this? I've never seen anything like this in a draft blog. Ryan Nassib, #1 prospect in the NFL draft...LOL

While you may not agree with him, I can't understand how his February player rankings lose him any credibility.

It's just his opinion, and if he thinks Nassib is the best QB in this draft, he may be ranking him #1 based on the positional value. It's not totally outlandish...do I agree with it? Heck no, but I also wouldn't have ranked Russell Wilson among the top 5 players in last year's draft, and he sure looks like it now...