Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Wilson is, for my money, the best this class has to offer, in terms of all around game. He doesn't do anything that will AMAZE you, hence he's not a 1st rd guy, but he does everything well, and is tough as nails. Very Kelly-esque IMO

If Wilson (or any other prospect) is the qb that you have targeted as your franchise qb then why wait and risk losing your so called coveted qb? Why not just take the plunge and get this critical qb issue addressed? If the prospect doesn't work out then so what. This organization has had many first round picks at many different positions not work out., and so have all other teams

If Wilson (or any other prospect) is the qb that you have targeted as your franchise qb then why wait and risk losing your so called coveted qb? Why not just take the plunge and get this critical qb issue addressed? If the prospect doesn't work out then so what. This organization has had many first round picks at many different positions not work out., and so have all other teams

The answer to that is perceived value. If our collective braintrust believes that we can get an impact player at #8 AND get our targeted QB @ 41 then we do it that way. However, if not, then try and trade back, maximize your value. If all that fails, take your QB @ 8.

The answer to that is perceived value. If our collective braintrust believes that we can get an impact player at #8 AND get our targeted QB @ 41 then we do it that way. However, if not, then try and trade back, maximize your value. If all that fails, take your QB @ 8.

How do you, or anyone else for that matter, quantify, value, exactly?

Tim-

How do you, or anyone else for that matter, quantify, value, exactly?

Tim-

Well, its about where the scouting team (with Nix at the top) has set their players rankings, both at individual positions and overall. They look at need, and overall talent/ranking, where that player fits into what WE are doing.

for example, lets say that Werner, is the top ranked Dlineman on our board, and the #3 player overall, if he were to slip to #8, and it were a choice between him or say Geno Smith. That would be a Spirited discussion, if Smith is our top ranked Qb but, lets say the 21st overall prospect on our board.

Well, its about where the scouting team (with Nix at the top) has set their players rankings, both at individual positions and overall. They look at need, and overall talent/ranking, where that player fits into what WE are doing.

for example, lets say that Werner, is the top ranked Dlineman on our board, and the #3 player overall, if he were to slip to #8, and it were a choice between him or say Geno Smith. That would be a Spirited discussion, if Smith is our top ranked Qb but, lets say the 21st overall prospect on our board.

based on how LAST yrs draft worked out, Im inclined to think that Nix & Co. will stay put and hope their guy falls to them. IMO, i think they will target, ILB, QB, WR and CB first, either in FA or the draft.

I have no problem taking Ryan Nassib with the 8th overall pick

There...I said it

- To many people are getting caught up over the fact that he played at Syracuse

- To many people are getting caught up with the fact that Marrone is now the HC

Ryan Nassib was a good QB BEFORE we ever knew that Morrone was going to be our HC. Why should it matter? It seems to me that we are now looking for reasons to NOT draft Ryan Nassib to this I say WHY

- Accurate

- Strong arm

- Smart

And probably not talked about much but is probably the MOST important thing.....Ryan Nassib is IMPROVING......he got better every year and looks like he has celing to continue to get better.

Also....as a fan I am NOT tied into Ryan Nassib.......Gino Smith would do nicely I will tell you what I am tied into. GETTING A QUARTERBACK.......lets stop making excuses on why NOT to draft one....a high pick needs to go on a qb this year

The problem with saying you are gonna take a position in the 2nd round is there can be an unexpected run on that position and you dont get the guy (or a guy out of the group of guys) that you wanted. Since we dont have the answer on the roster right now.....that would be a very bad thing.