Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

Let's get serious everyone. The Bills are taking Nassib. It's a done deal. It was a done deal when they brought in Marrone. Since becoming the coach, all he has done is bring in all of his buddies as assistants. He seems to be loyal to a fault. Is he really getting the best guys or just handing out jobs to his loyal followers? All signs point to Nassib so all of this speculation is pointless imo. As goes Nassib, so goes Marrone. So I hope he's right about hitching his wagon to this guy or we will have a new coach in 2016

He did bring Pettine from the Jets and he was not connected with him earlier on

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did bring Pettine from the Jets and he was not connected with him earlier on

Yes we went through this yesterday and that's what the other guy said too so I clarified by saying I'm specifically talking about Hackett and the special teams coach he brought in that the Lions were probably going to fire. 2 of the 3 coordinators were buddies. There had to be better options out there imo. It's fine, I know coaches like to bring in their own guys sometimes but by doing this it shows that Marrone would rather have people around him that he is comfortable with. He knows what he has with Nassib so he will be bringing him in too. Any talk about Barkley is a smoke screen. Nassib has been the guy all along. Whether he is the best guy for the job or not, only time will tell but I have a feeling he isn't taking him because he is the best guy available

Let's get serious everyone. The Bills are taking Nassib. It's a done deal. It was a done deal when they brought in Marrone. Since becoming the coach, all he has done is bring in all of his buddies as assistants. He seems to be loyal to a fault. Is he really getting the best guys or just handing out jobs to his loyal followers? All signs point to Nassib so all of this speculation is pointless imo. As goes Nassib, so goes Marrone. So I hope he's right about hitching his wagon to this guy or we will have a new coach in 2016

Hey... doesn't every HC bring in their boys? I mean Chan brought in guys he worked with before (Alesandres, Donnie Edwards, etc). He also brought in Choice and that guard from Ga Tech and even started him as a rookie. Greggo brought in Gray and some of his other boys didn't he? Jauron gave his boy Fewell the DC job... everyone loves Fewell, right? Why is it a big deal if a coach brings his boys? Every coach does it. It's how bidness in the NFL is done. It's not like all the guys Marrone brought in have no NFL experience. 90% of them do. He trusts them, he knows they're on the same page. Anything wrong with that?

As for Nassib. We have no idea where Marrone and the Bills are going at QB. It is just assumed. We won't know until the next 24 to 48 hours where they're at. I'd like them to take Nassib, but I don't know that they will or will not. All of the QBs pretty much have arm strength. I just think it's what's between their ears and their mindset that makes or breaks QBs, not their height or 40 yd. dash time. And I believe that's what separates Nassib from the rest.

Yes we went through this yesterday and that's what the other guy said too so I clarified by saying I'm specifically talking about Hackett and the special teams coach he brought in that the Lions were probably going to fire. 2 of the 3 coordinators were buddies. There had to be better options out there imo. It's fine, I know coaches like to bring in their own guys sometimes but by doing this it shows that Marrone would rather have people around him that he is comfortable with. He knows what he has with Nassib so he will be bringing him in too. Any talk about Barkley is a smoke screen. Nassib has been the guy all along. Whether he is the best guy for the job or not, only time will tell but I have a feeling he isn't taking him because he is the best guy available

Yeah, how dare Marrone bring in an OC in Hackett who presided over an offense at Syracuse that ranked 17th in all of Division I in total offense in 2012.

Excellent info, Simon - thanks!

Another tidbit:

The Bills have spent the last couple days exploring trade down opportunities and will move back in a heartbeat if they find one acceptable.

Take it for what it's worth:

The Bills have no intention of drafting Ryan Nassib early and probably not later either.

Color me impressed

Another tidbit:

The Bills have spent the last couple days exploring trade down opportunities and will move back in a heartbeat if they find one acceptable.

Even more so!

Feel bad for Nassib.

Everyone seems to be implying now that there are red flags because his own college coach passed on him. That's an unfair assumption.

Seems like a good kid and probably will make a decent QB--hope we don't see him plummet too far.

Unfair how? The HC and OC who just spent nearly every day with the kid for four years decided he wasn't worthy of being their QB in the NFL, despite the fact he would be able to hit the ground running since he knows the offense. The Bills not selecting Nassib most certainly sends a message.

Feel bad for Nassib.

Everyone seems to be implying now that there are red flags because his own college coach passed on him. That's an unfair assumption.

Seems like a good kid and probably will make a decent QB--hope we don't see him plummet too far.

He'll get drafted in the 2nd round. I don't feel sorry at all for him. Glad the Bills didn't pick him in round 1, especially not at 8.

Unfair how? The HC and OC who just spent nearly every day with the kid for four years decided he wasn't worthy of being their QB in the NFL, despite the fact he would be able to hit the ground running since he knows the offense. The Bills not selecting Nassib most certainly sends a message.

Or could it be that they loved Nassib, but just liked Manual a bit more?

Way too unfair to draw these assumptions.

Yes, but as far as Nassib is concerned, Marrone specifically, distanced himself from the scouting of Nassib. He wasn't even around when Nassib came to OBD. And this could be because he knew he had a weighted opinion of Nassib and didn't want to cloud the Bills judgement. He let them make their own evaluation, and then as a collective, the Bills determined that Manuel was the choice. Not to mention not wanting to tie your entire career and talent evaluation to one guy. Yes, the media was all over making the connection. But when isn't the media quick to make the wrong assessment.

A team will still select him regardless of what the Bills and Marrone think.

Simon gets an A+ ranking in the 1st round.

Y'all are on your own the rest of the way cuz I'm heading for camp in about 5 minutes; no 'puters, no TV, no phones and only a couple scant radio signals. I'll have no idea how things played out until I get home Sunday night.

In a few hours, I will officially know less than anybody in this forum! :lol:

For what it's worth, don't be surprised if the Bills aren't done wiggling around the draft board; nothing set in stone, but they are not averse to more maneuvering in this draft.

Hey, I hope Nassib falls to the 3rd and we still take him.

If I told most of the people that we used a mid round 1st and 3rd to get both of them, people would be happy. Don't have to say which pick was used on which

http://espn.go.com/b...astly-overrated

"Nassib's arm vastly overrated," McShay tweeted yesterday. "Short/intermediate throws MPHs but struggles driving ball vertically on tape and see same at Senior Bowl."

Considering this scorching analysis of Nassib's abilities as a QB, I can totally see why McShay thinks (hopes?) the Bills will draft him at #8. It's almost as if the media wants the Bills to be bad and are trying to push them into drafting Nassib at #8 and making the biggest mistake in their franchise history.

Like I said WEAK Arm..guns the short stuff. Dropping like a rock

Another example of how a good player can slip deep into the draft like Tom Brady did before he was drafted by the New England Patriots.

Am I saying hes the next Tom Brady, no, of course not, Bradys the best QB thats ever played the game.

Am I saying Nassibs going to be a real good NFL QB one day?

Your :censored: right I am...

Another example of how a good player can slip deep into the draft like Tom Brady did before he was drafted by the New England Patriots.

Am I saying hes the next Tom Brady, no, of course not, Bradys the best QB thats ever played the game.

Dan LeFevour's fans had a similar righteous indignation. Just sayin'.

Brady was a Tall pocket passer,with a arm at least.

Seriously. The interest in Nassib is very confusing to me, and I rooted for him the last 2 years at SU

the interest is purely media driven, looking for a coach/QB story line they can bleed for years. thats all. Marrone knew he was a good college QB and not much more. all good.