Bills sign Manny Lawson

BRAWNDO

Makes me think any average to slightly above average player the team goes after hard, brings him in the first day of FA, and pays him decent money is going to think the world of the company that thinks the world of him and gives him what he wants, a possible starting job, four year contract and decent money.

All true, but if we are to believe what "they" say, nobody wants to come play for a Mickey Mouse organization with no shot at winning. It's not as if the Bills just backed the Brinks truck up to Manny's door -- it's a very reasonable contract, and I'm sure other teams would have offered something similar.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All true, but if we are to believe what "they" say, nobody wants to come play for a Mickey Mouse organization with no shot at winning. It's not as if the Bills just backed the Brinks truck up to Manny's door -- it's a very reasonable contract, and I'm sure other teams would have offered something similar.

All true as well.

http://blogs.buffalo...ns-for-bradham/

A little tidbit about Bradham shifting from strongside to weakside with the Lawson addition. I've got high hopes for Bradham, love the kid's intensity and thought he put together a solid rookie year.

I agree, thought Bradham really came on strong towards the last few games of the year, and he was very good in pass coverage. Think he could be a star in the making if he continues getting better...

This shows how low this team has sunk. A retread for sure. I can't wait for the next underwhelming development.

A lot of people here are easily impressed I guess.

Have any thoughts on who you would go and try to sign? Or can we just expect a lot of doom and gloom without your opinion on what you would do?

This shows how low this team has sunk. A retread for sure. I can't wait for the next underwhelming development.

A lot of people here are easily impressed I guess.

Please let us know what your proposed plan was for the Bills' offseason, complete with length and terms of FA contracts, salary cap implications, draft board, and how you would address all of the Bills' needs.

Really, I'm interested.

Note: "they shoulda re-signed Levitre last year" doesn't qualify.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but Lawson is a tremendous cover linebacker. Won't generate a lot of sacks but he blankets TEs and slot WRs.

That's terrific. God knows we need help in the linebacking corps. This could be a good solid improvement if he works out.

This isn't something to get super excited about, but it's a solid signing. Lawsom should get a shot to start and be a three-down guy here (which probably isn't a good thing), but it's something. More than we've had. I've always liked Lawson and wanted him two years ago. Let's hope we didn't overpay on the four-year deal.

Get a shot to start? Yeah that's an understatement. He's an OLB. Is there someone currently on our team you see beating him out for the job?

This is a good signing for us. Lawson is a solid NFL player, and we certainly do not have enuf of these. But the problem is that we have so many needs to fill. And by the looks of it, we are certainly not being aggressive enuf with our pursuit of top level talent. We have holes at pretty much every position on the team save RB. I would hope that we go after a WR, TE, CB, S and G over the next few days.

As for all of you so concerned about our QB situation. I am ecstatic that we got rid of Fitzpatrick. I seriously think he was a cancer to the team. That kind of cancer is called a "loser". A lot of you thought he was a nice guy, and good to have in the locker room. Are you kidding? Who cares if he is a nice guy? He sucked. And everyone in that Bills locker room knew that except for Chan. We will draft at least one if not two QB's who will hopefully turn into studs. And combined w TJack we will hopefully have an effective QB situation going forward. Not sure why everyone thinks Jackson is so bad. He has way more athleticsm than Fitzpatrick. And a much better arm. Give him some weapons and we may all be surprised.

And lets not discount the new coaching staff. I think they will be light years ahead of the past regime.

But I will admit I get as tense as the rest of you when I see other teams signing good free agents, and the Bills doing almost nothing.

I'm late to the party here. Did he lose his starting job last year? This suggests that he did: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LawsMa20.htm. 16 games but only 10 starts. The production numbers are pretty low the past few years too. Having said this, I have no idea whether he's any good. Anyone know why SF let him go? Harbaugh came in before the 2011 season and Lawson left at the same time.

just got home to computer and wanted to post something up.

But i have done a little digging on Lawson today during my breaks.

I am pleased. He will get back to a 3-4 basically like SF and have some opportunity to get after the QB in a Pettine D. And the guy can cover.

Very nice addition and a very reasonable cost.

If Nigel moves to the other side i dont see a downside to that either.

Hoping we can get an ILB in FA too.

And draft another LB yet.

Welcome aboard Manny

I'm late to the party here. Did he lose his starting job last year? This suggests that he did: http://www.pro-footb...L/LawsMa20.htm. 16 games but only 10 starts. The production numbers are pretty low the past few years too. Having said this, I have no idea whether he's any good. Anyone know why SF let him go? Harbaugh came in before the 2011 season and Lawson left at the same time.

Seems V. Burfict pushed him out for playing time. No worries on this pick up i am thinking. No big splash either though. just solid all around