Doomsday - March 12, 2013

H2o

Plenty of qualitry free agents out there. Bills have enough cap cash to land a couple of vets. 6 draft picks, 4 free agents, 4 or 5 street free agents will fill out the roster. I envy SF with 14 draft picks. The Bills will field a team but will not be very good. That is a fact of rebuilding. 5 wins max. 1 more draft class with high picks will improve this team.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 wins in one season

David Nelson>Dustin Keller.....Ummmmm no Pete....Nelson had a knack for finding soft spots, but that is about it. Keller ( although he has had injuries), is a much better run after the catch player and oh yeah, he is a TE. Not a dominant blocker, but OK and he doesn't have to block much anyways.....he is a "move" TE who you look to create mismatches withl

Same style player. Nelson is 6'5 220 4.48 averaged 11.1 yards rec and had 61 receptions his best year.

Keller is 6'2 250 4.53 averages 11.9 yards rec

I have watched much of both players and much prefer Nelson

Rid Brandon's been the de facto owner for all of about 10 minutes. Can he at least get one off-season before you start calling for his head?

If Russ Brandon was just joining the team I would give him a pass but this guy has been involved in the Bills dissaster for the entire 13 year drought. This guy better get results because once Ralph is no longer the owner he will be gone in a flash. Why does anyone think the Bills will improve as long as so many of the same fools continue to run the team. Only time will tell but I won't expect better results until I actually see them start winning games.

A competent draft.

Buddy's helmed three drafts now (and assisted in a fourth). In that time, he's drafted 27 players, and exactly one Pro Bowler (an alternate) against 9 players who are no longer on the team, and 7 who are no longer in the league. For a team that is drafting in the top ten every year, and building its roster primarily through the draft, that isn't good enough.

It's just the Fitz Fan Club venting off some steam. For some reason a lot of posters thought we were going to pay him $10M this year. I myself have been smiling since 4PM, and I'm about to crack open a beer :beer:

If someone had told me in January that Fitz and Kelsay would no longer be Buffalo Bills, I'd have been ecstatic.

I'm still ecstatic.

So r the bills going to throw the season for Johnny Football? I mean we don't have a complete D and we have 2 QB's. Both didnt play a game last year. I am not freaking out, but i feel they may be playing for a high draft pick next year.

I highly doubt that Marrone and Pettine came here to throw the season.

I'm not the least bit concerned that the Bills didn't sign any of the FA that were signed today. I do however believe that this off season has been an indication of what an utter failure Buddy Nix has been. Why is he still here?

We'll see that happens to Buddy. Lots of theorizing as you know.

I will say I'm very pleased that the Bills have pruned so much dead wood this offseason. That's a very good first step in changing things for the better.

I still have optimism for some good value FA signings.

- Smart drafting, possibly trading to pick up some good value extra picks (because we have so many needs)

- Signing a few competent free agents that will have an immediate impact--some suggested Scott and Amendola, that would be a good thing

- Many have suggested: WINNING => it cures everything

- A minor miracle and we get a decent QB either by Jackson or some other FA stepping up, or a surprise from the draft . . . I certainly don't want to be here talking about the same QB needs again this time next year.

The first day of Free Agency meant very little to me as the Bills are too far away from competing to think one or two players available on this market will matter. Usually by this time of year I'm living and breathing the draft, hopeful of what the Bills might get, but frankly the thrill is sort of gone. With few if any good QBs available in this draft it's not clear how the Bills get any more than a collection of southern kids Nix loves but who are at best equal parts good or bad. The only thing that will get me excited is if they take a couple of shots at getting a franchise QB in the draft, but what is everyone else looking for the Bills to do to restore their faith? Is everyone hoping the Bills do something crazy like take a QB like Barkley in the first and Nassib in the third? Or are there other moves that could provide some realistic reason for hope?

Never lost faith, so it doesn't need to be restored. I'm glad they released Fitz and looking forward to the new regime. Nobody likes losing, and I wish we could have won more over the past few years, but I continued to hope the Bills would win each and every week. That hasn't changed, so I don't need some sensational move to "restore my faith".

It's just the Fitz Fan Club venting off some steam. For some reason a lot of posters thought we were going to pay him $10M this year. I myself have been smiling since 4PM, and I'm about to crack open a beer :beer:

If you are happy maybe you should flip your avatar :)

I highly doubt that Marrone and Pettine came here to throw the season.

I highly doubt that Jauron did, or Gailey and Stache did either. It is clearly a rebuild again. The good news is that player wise at least, the Bills would seem on paper anyway to be better off than when Jauron or Gailey arrived.

Never lost faith, so it doesn't need to be restored. I'm glad they released Fitz and looking forward to the new regime. Nobody likes losing, and I wish we could have won more over the past few years, but I continued to hope the Bills would win each and every week. That hasn't changed, so I don't need some sensational move to "restore my faith".

If you have never lost faith, please tell us what you had faith in exactly. Hoping a team will win each and every week is not faith. It's wishful thinking. Faith is believing your best players will make the plays when needed to win games. faith is believing your coaches will make the right calls and adjustments. Faith is believing the people running the organization will draft the right players and sign the right players. So, after 13 lousy years, the Bills don't deserve to be trusted. Why would any reasonable person put faith in that organization? Please don'r tell me that a real fan has faith no matter what. That's ridiculous. The only thing I have faith in right now is that the Bills always seem to make the wrong decisions. No matter what they do, it seems to fail.

A competent draft.

Buddy's helmed three drafts now (and assisted in a fourth). In that time, he's drafted 27 players, and exactly one Pro Bowler (an alternate) against 9 players who are no longer on the team, and 7 who are no longer in the league. For a team that is drafting in the top ten every year, and building its roster primarily through the draft, that isn't good enough.

They need three straight home run drafts where the team gets 3 players per, particularly at the QB, DE, WR, OT, and perhaps CB positions. Good guard, safety, and linebacker play is nice, but it's not winning games.

For me, it's going to take a minimum 10 wins and a playoff appearance. To be so bad for so long, especially these past 13 seasons should mean a higher standard from the new people in charge.

They need three straight home run drafts where the team gets 3 players per, particularly at the QB, DE, WR, OT, and perhaps CB positions. Good guard, safety, and linebacker play is nice, but it's not winning games.

For me, it's going to take a minimum 10 wins and a playoff appearance. To be so bad for so long, especially these past 13 seasons should mean a higher standard from the new people in charge.

No, they don't. You need to find one franchise QB. People overanalyze the hell out of the draft and free agency. The Bills would go 7-9 with JP Losman and Trent Edwards. The Colts, constructed by a guy many around here think is the greatest GM ever, go 2-14 the one year without Manning. And then just as magically, they make the playoffs the next year with a franchise QB. The Pats haven't had homerun drafts lately either but they have Tom Brady. The Bills haven't had a legit QB since Kelly and that's the main reason for the drought. It's really that simple.

David Nelson>Dustin Keller.....Ummmmm no Pete....Nelson had a knack for finding soft spots, but that is about it. Keller ( although he has had injuries), is a much better run after the catch player and oh yeah, he is a TE. Not a dominant blocker, but OK and he doesn't have to block much anyways.....he is a "move" TE who you look to create mismatches withl

Nelson was a slot receiver. Keller is a te. It would've been nice to keep Nelson and get Keller. That would be much more comforting then having no wr's and no te

If you have never lost faith, please tell us what you had faith in exactly. Hoping a team will win each and every week is not faith. It's wishful thinking. Faith is believing your best players will make the plays when needed to win games. faith is believing your coaches will make the right calls and adjustments. Faith is believing the people running the organization will draft the right players and sign the right players. So, after 13 lousy years, the Bills don't deserve to be trusted. Why would any reasonable person put faith in that organization? Please don'r tell me that a real fan has faith no matter what. That's ridiculous. The only thing I have faith in right now is that the Bills always seem to make the wrong decisions. No matter what they do, it seems to fail.

I can root for the team for any reason I want. You tell me its ridiculous to be a fan. Makes me wonder what youre doing here everyday

It's hilarious to watch everyone freak out just because we haven't signed anyone yet. It's the end of the world!!! 2013 is down the tubes already!!! Give me a break. What were you expecting from FA? Honestly? I still hope for a LB and a G to replace Levitre, but for goodness sake people get a grip. Just because we haven't signed any of the big names in under 4 hours you guys are already at it. There are still some decent players out there. Step away from the ledge.

I for one don't think it is dooms day or that the sky is falling or anything like that but it is hard to stay optimistic for a team that consistently never shows any signs of improvement. I am not asking for a Super Bowl dynasty or anything because that would be a little far fetched at this point all I am asking for from this team is to show some signs of life. You might think it is funny that the fans are showing their frustration of this dysfunctional franchise but I am not laughing and I can understand why all the gloom and doom that goes around here. It goes far beyond the signing of a few players on opening day of free agency it has been a long 13 years of just spinning it's wheels in the mud. Maybe the Bills will sign some good players in the days that follow who knows but giving the fans the impression that they are just sitting on their hands and not doing anything is not good for morale. I f you can't see that then you are not the fan you think you are.Laughing at fellow Bills fans for venting their frustration is not cool and I think I can speak for other Bills fans when saying we deserve much better than this. Edited by shadowcat10