Doomsday - March 12, 2013

H2o

It's hilarious to watch everyone freak out just because we haven't signed anyone yet. It's the end of the world!!! 2013 is down the tubes already!!! Give me a break. What were you expecting from FA? Honestly? I still hope for a LB and a G to replace Levitre, but for goodness sake people get a grip. Just because we haven't signed any of the big names in under 4 hours you guys are already at it. There are still some decent players out there. Step away from the ledge.

Are you saying that you're ok with what has happened with the roster so far? Plus we need more than just decent players.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can root for the team for any reason I want. You tell me its ridiculous to be a fan. Makes me wonder what youre doing here everyday

I wonder what you're doing here every day if you can't read. Where do I say it's ridiculous to be a fan? I said it's ridiculous to say a real fan has to have faith in the team. You can be a real fan of the Bills and still not have faith that they will do the right things to be a quality organization. You go ahead and root for the team for any reason you want. I certainly didn't tell you not to in my post. Wow.

No, they don't. You need to find one franchise QB. People overanalyze the hell out of the draft and free agency. The Bills would go 7-9 with JP Losman and Trent Edwards. The Colts, constructed by a guy many around here think is the greatest GM ever, go 2-14 the one year without Manning. And then just as magically, they make the playoffs the next year with a franchise QB. The Pats haven't had homerun drafts lately either but they have Tom Brady. The Bills haven't had a legit QB since Kelly and that's the main reason for the drought. It's really that simple.

We get it. You believe that it's luck to have a great QB fall into your lap and everything else is mere gravy.

The point is, you'll never get that QB when you can't evaluate the position properly. And in your world, that precludes the team from ever being successful again because they're not lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. Well, I believe you make your own luck and Nix has a tendency to not do that.

Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Vince Young, and Tarvaris Jackson indicate to me the GM is always late to the party and gets leftovers. Hard to get your "franchise" QB when the guy can't evaluate the position and won't draft a guy.

To do somegthing this year? I don't see a franchise qb in the draft but we ought to take the best one we can in round 2. Alex Smith is gone, so we are going to have to take a flyer on who is available at qb in free agency. We should get the best offensive lineman or linebacker available with the first pick. Just too many holes to expect anything to happen with the present administration.

It's hilarious to watch everyone freak out just because we haven't signed anyone yet. It's the end of the world!!! 2013 is down the tubes already!!! Give me a break. What were you expecting from FA? Honestly? I still hope for a LB and a G to replace Levitre, but for goodness sake people get a grip. Just because we haven't signed any of the big names in under 4 hours you guys are already at it. There are still some decent players out there. Step away from the ledge.

Haha, love it.

I'll also add that I don't believe any FA signings, including Levitre will all of the sudden make the Bills a competitor this year. This rebuliding is going to take beyond this year IMO, especially without any QB. No point in blowing our wad on one or two overpriced FA's, when we aren't even close to competing. I'd like to see the Bills at least field an NFL quality roster first. Spread that money out over quality, but perhaps unproven mid tier talent to fill the many holes on this team.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

If the FA period was only a one day affair, I would agree with you. As it is though, there are still a great number of good FAs available.....and even a few big names.

I fail to see how anybody can come to the conclusion that FA is over.....and that a conclusion can be drawn that we have taken a step backwards in FA when it is only the first day.

People can't realize that the NFL network has to sell the NFL all the time. It's their job to build excitement over everything NFL related. They're gonna make a big deal about day 1 of FA, and when the Bills aren't mentioned on Day 1, people fear that the sky is falling.

People need to stop watching so much TV if they can't rationally interpret what they see.

this was the most upsetting part of the day today. no direction. which is weird because it seemed as though nix had a plan, people just a few weeks ago wanted to be apart of this club, made lateral career moves to do it....today it all crumbled for me

Buddy Nix will do his usual pickup of crumbs left over from other teams and band-aid the team like he does every year. Bills fans can't even take hope with the draft if Buddy Nix is calling the shots again this year.

Listening to Nix stating the Bills are set at OT, but that Fitz was handcuffing the team... couldn't be the 100 million dollars for a DE because Nix failed to find one in the draft for 3 years.

Will this franchise ever be good again with Ralph Wilson as owner?

Are you saying that you're ok with what has happened with the roster so far?

Just ok? I am thrilled with what happened yesterday. The FO admitted the whole FItz thing was a mistake, and moved on. That alone feels like a 500 pound gorilla off our back. Also we didn't get suckered into paying the 10th-15th best guard in the league $40M.

Are you saying that you're ok with what has happened with the roster so far? Plus we need more than just decent players.

What exactly has happened to the roster so far? We cut Fitz? We cut Barnett and Wilson who were god awful last year? We lost injured and underperforming UDFA's in Nelson/Jones? We lost Levitre, a good but not great guard (easiest position to replace on the line) who is now one of the highest paid in the league? Our roster sucked to begin with, I'm fine with everything that has happened so far for the most part. I would have liked to kept Nelson, but this roster needed to be "cleaned". If they haven't attempted to fill the many holes on this team by training camp, then I'll be concerned. Like it or not this is most likely going to be a long term rebuild though, not just this offseason.

We did sign (franchise) our best FA, in Byrd.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Buddy Nix will do his usual pickup of crumbs left over from other teams and band-aid the team like he does every year. Bills fans can't even take hope with the draft if Buddy Nix is calling the shots again this year.

Listening to Nix stating the Bills are set at OT, but that Fitz was handcuffing the team... couldn't be the 100 million dollars for a DE because Nix failed to find one in the draft for 3 years.

Will this franchise ever be good again with Ralph Wilson as owner?

Wow that's impressive, you just criticized the GM for not signing big name players and within 1 sentence criticized the GM for signing big name players.

The first day of Free Agency meant very little to me as the Bills are too far away from competing to think one or two players available on this market will matter. Usually by this time of year I'm living and breathing the draft, hopeful of what the Bills might get, but frankly the thrill is sort of gone. With few if any good QBs available in this draft it's not clear how the Bills get any more than a collection of southern kids Nix loves but who are at best equal parts good or bad. The only thing that will get me excited is if they take a couple of shots at getting a franchise QB in the draft, but what is everyone else looking for the Bills to do to restore their faith? Is everyone hoping the Bills do something crazy like take a QB like Barkley in the first and Nassib in the third? Or are there other moves that could provide some realistic reason for hope?

Realistic hope would be the Bills Making the right decision on all their draft picks and signing Impact Free Agents who will change the culture here.

I don't see that happening, and my faith in the Bills is weary at best...

There's no restoring faith, certainly not between now and the season opener. We were told that we have the talent and bringing in just a few pieces and a new coaching staff to be relevant. Well, that turned out to be a lie.

We now will have 5 new starters on offense on opening Sunday, one of which will be a rookie qb. The defense, regardless of lip service will be a 3-4. There will be between 4-6 new starters, or at least players switching to positions they haven't played a lot.

Bills are waiting a few days to let the dust settle to pick up serviceable vets... as are the Pats. If you're a free agent looking for work, where do you want to play... on a team with no defined QB and a no shot at a ring, or the opposite?

I won't say that their strategy won't ultimately work out three to four years from now, but the FO could and should have been up front with the fans and let us know this was a total rebuild.

If someone had told me in January that Fitz and Kelsay would no longer be Buffalo Bills, I'd have been ecstatic.

I'm still ecstatic.

I still have optimism for some good value FA signings.

Does not retaining David Nelson and Levitre add or subtract from your happiness ? I for one, want talent added and mere subtraction does not give me any great pleasure. Fitz had to go I agree. But there have been a lot of questionable moves and non-moves till yesterday.

And , I have come to hate the word VALUE. We will ride the value horse to the NFL basement yet again. Was Vasquez that expensive ? Would paying $8 MM/yr (ignoring the TN no-tax) been such a problem for the Bills ? Yes, but we have tons of cap room. Congrats -we can take that head room and make a serious run at Manziel.

There's no restoring faith, certainly not between now and the season opener. We were told that we have the talent and bringing in just a few pieces and a new coaching staff to be relevant. Well, that turned out to be a lie.

We now will have 5 new starters on offense on opening Sunday, one of which will be a rookie qb. The defense, regardless of lip service will be a 3-4. There will be between 4-6 new starters, or at least players switching to positions they haven't played a lot.

Bills are waiting a few days to let the dust settle to pick up serviceable vets... as are the Pats. If you're a free agent looking for work, where do you want to play... on a team with no defined QB and a no shot at a ring, or the opposite?

I won't say that their strategy won't ultimately work out three to four years from now, but the FO could and should have been up front with the fans and let us know this was a total rebuild.

I take it that you're questioning the statement that the roster is "unquestionably better".