Bills to let David Nelson walk?

Coach Tuesday

For the record, i don't like the move at all. They had nothing to lose by keeping him., He's not a great WR by any stretch, but at this point, there's no reason to let him walk, not until they've got someone better on the roster. He's a decent 4th WR.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

given how light this team is at wr the staff wouldnt take nelsons situation casually. they obviously dont see enough in either his game and/or his recovery to think he is worth the third round tender at this time. sure, they get that pick if somebody else signs him, but if not then they are required to invest the amount of the tender. they have decided to roll the dice and see if they can sign him at a lower price and if not so be it

like ive said, im mildly surprised they dont see him as good enough to use the tender but im pretty confident they must have a good reason. this staff doesnt strike me as that kind of moobs-like organization

How does a team exist in th NFL with no QB, WR, or LBs on its roster? My mind is boggled.

When Buddy Nix is making decisions for you. Is it possible to find a starting QB, 2 solid WR's, and 2-3 starting LB's in one off-season? Say nothing of TE, perhaps G, DE depth, and DB depth. That's a lot to need in one year.

Rumors have it that the Bills want to make another FA splash this year, and that it will come in the form of Dwayne Bowe.

To make a move like that AND lock up Levitre and Byrd, it's prudent not to commit $2M on a 6'7" dude who was slow before he blew up his knee.

A few players David Nelson is not: London Fletcher, Nate Clements, Fat Pat, Lynch or McGahee. He was a role player, not a fixture--so those comparisons can now stop.

A rookie could do Nelson's job as well or better.

And that's not even considering the likelihood that his "job" will change under the new regime, and he won't be asked to specialize in the things he did before.

How does a team exist in th NFL with no QB, WR, or LBs on its roster? My mind is boggled.

Well, since the season is six and half months away, I think you can go ahead and de-boggle that mind of yours.

Injuries didn't help Chan's success rate (Fred, Nelson, Wood, Mario, Anderson, etc) and we are not patient fans- so I'll give you that...but some of Chan's playcalls and team management are what caused his ouster. He was in over his head as a game manager and offensive playcaller.

I was hoping Marrone would keep Nelson as a tall receiver (which we desperately need). Right now our WR crew (absent Nelson) probably averages 5'11"

I see 2 tall receivers in our fuuuuuuuture....one by FA and one by the draaaaaaaft....

Round Pick Team Selection Psn School CRI Delta ReachValue

1 1 Kansas City Star Lotulelei DT34 Utah P6Grab -2 Reach

1 2 Jacksonville Bjoern Werner DE43 Florida State P2 +0 Value

1 3 Oakland Damontre Moore DE43 Texas A&M P2Grab -3 Reach

1 4 Philadelphia Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M P4Grab +3 Value

1 5 Detroit Dion Jordan DE43 Oregon P1R -6 Reach

1 6 Cleveland Barkevious Mingo OLB34 LSU P1Grab -3 Reach

1 7 Arizona Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan P1Grab +2 Value

1 8 Buffalo Geno Smith QB West Virginia P2

2 41 Buffalo Justin Hunter WRF Tennessee P1

3 71 Buffalo Jamie Collins OLB34 Southern Miss P4

4 102 Buffalo Da'Rick Rogers WRF Tennessee Tech P2

5 136 Buffalo Levine Toilolo TE Stanford P3

6 166 Buffalo Conner Vernon WRF Duke P3 +7 Value

UDFA

Chris Gragg TE 80 Arkansas 6'3" 242

It would be nice to get either a WR (Bowe) or a LB (?) in free agency, along with keeping Levitre and Byrd. It almost has to be that way now, considering we don't have enough draft picks to fill all the holes. But we have to get either a WR or LB in free agency, so we can concentrate on the other in the draft...

WOW, the new regime is letting mediocre UDFA receiver(s) walk. Who would have thunk it?

Could they be replaced by 9/9/13? Let's hope so. Most likely 2 of 3 will be unemployed after final cut downs anyways.

Players like Donald, David, Ruvell, etc. were part of the problem, not the solution. What is so hard to understand

with this fanbase. Is it because some are so accustomed to sucky players, that they actually believe they are NFL caliber players?

Does 5-11 6-10 6-10 mean anything, besides being a perennial 7-9 team before even that run?

Let us just hope they are just trying to low ball him, so they can sign a decent player (also they they aren't losing a J. Greer). Also they want Stevie in the slot, Donald Jones then becomes receiver #4

Jones wasn't tendered

Our WR right now are SJ, TJ Graham, Easley, Elliot, and Hogan. Hopefully that's not how we start the season.

Wait - what?!? That cheerleader broke up with him??

Yeah, what? link or it didn't happen

For the record, i don't like the move at all. They had nothing to lose by keeping him., He's not a great WR by any stretch, but at this point, there's no reason to let him walk, not until they've got someone better on the roster. He's a decent 4th WR.

I agree ---there was no reason to let him walk. A contract would have been minimal and not guarenteed since he would have to make the final cut. The one thing He did have was size.