2013 MOCK DRAFT

bisonbrigade

This draft is based on need, value and Buddy Nix drafting habits, like SEC players.

1. Barkevious Mingo, LSU, OLB,. Flexable player who can bring the heat on a QB.

2. Justin Hunter, Tennessee, WR

3. Ryan Nassib, Syracuse QB. Slips to the third round.

4. Jonathan Bostic, ILB, Florida.

5. Ryan Swope, Texas A&M, WR

6. Dallas Thomas Tennessee, ROT

7. Chris Gragg, Arkanas, TE

NFLDraftcountdown has us taking Cordarrelle Patterson and Ryan Nassib with our 1st 2 picks.

I wouldn't mind that but I think we need a LB and QB with our first 2 picks. Our WR's will be decent enough with Nelson back and we can pick up another WR later in the draft

Edited by kdiggz

Nassib might not be there 3 picks into the draft let alone 3 rounds

I agree! His stock could spike after the combine. All the reviews I've read so far are pretty high on him. I wouldn't be surprised Andy Reed taking him in the second. He's had success with the last Cuse QB he took.

It seems like all the QB's have lost momentum heading into the combine. It will be interesting to see if any earn it back. Barkley and Dysert aren't throwing so they will be an unknown. I'm glad that the position is getting downgraded because maybe the Bills won't have to draft a QB ridiculously high.

Edited by zow2

NFLDraftScout has Nassib as the 5th best QB, RD3.

Cooney's has him the 5th best QB, RD2.

CBS Sports has Nassib going 47th overall, RD2.

Mike Mayock said in a recent appearance on "The Rich Eisen Podcast," NFL Network's draft guru Mike Mayock recently said that he thinks that Nassib should be a RD2 or RD3 pick (30:30 mark).

Russ Lande has Nassib in RD1.

Kevin Weidl said in a tweet on 2-14, I don't see it with Nassib. Day 3 for me.

Move The Sticks said, "Brilliant flashes but a little too jumpy/inconsistent....Ryan Nassib reminds me a lot of Ryan Fitzpatrick coming out of Harvard."

Gil Brant says, 64) Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse, going after Glennon, both RD2.

there is no way they will draft a WR ith the first pick. This draft is about setting up the future, they are going to draft a corner or a safety first with an outside chance a the top LB on the board. They will go after a WR in free agency, they dont produce for three years on average so pay a little more and sign one thats over the hump. This draft will be defense heavy no qb's for Buffalo this year unless someone like Barkley slips into the 2nd round. Barkely is the the only QB worth taking a chance on here the rest of this QB class sucks and I dont think Marrone is going to put his football future on Nassibs shoulders.

I think we all expect Buffalo to suck this year so with a draft that is particularly loaded with defensive talent grab as much of it as you can, next years QB class looks good and defense wins championships.

We just let go of LB's and Corner and a safety my guess is because they want them replaced, resigning Tavaris tells me there is no move a QB, that is unless Barkley slips to the second which I doubt will happen.

Edited by 13player

Mike Mayock said in a recent appearance on "The Rich Eisen Podcast," NFL Network's draft guru Mike Mayock recently said that he thinks that Nassib should be a RD2 or RD3 pick (30:30 mark).

Move The Sticks said, "Brilliant flashes but a little too jumpy/inconsistent....Ryan Nassib reminds me a lot of Ryan Fitzpatrick coming out of Harvard."

UGH!!!! Compared Nassib to Fritz?? I just threw up in my mouth

Potential LB prospect for Bills in the 2013 NFL Draft?

Lerentee McCray - LB - Florida

Nice highlight reel. Looks the part in the video. I wonder how he looked the other 2000 snaps.

Edited by NewEra

Potential LB prospect for Bills in the 2013 NFL Draft?

Lerentee McCray - LB - Florida

He's dropped from #13 OLB to #19, but that still makes him a 5th RD to 6th RD guy. His best game was Week 3 against Tennessee. HE was SEC OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE with 2 tkl, 2 QB press, INT. When you see him he just looks angry. He contains the edge pretty well.

Edited by Astrobot

there is no way they will draft a WR ith the first pick. This draft is about setting up the future, they are going to draft a corner or a safety first with an outside chance a the top LB on the board. They will go after a WR in free agency, they dont produce for three years on average so pay a little more and sign one thats over the hump. This draft will be defense heavy no qb's for Buffalo this year unless someone like Barkley slips into the 2nd round. Barkely is the the only QB worth taking a chance on here the rest of this QB class sucks and I dont think Marrone is going to put his football future on Nassibs shoulders.

I think we all expect Buffalo to suck this year so with a draft that is particularly loaded with defensive talent grab as much of it as you can, next years QB class looks good and defense wins championships.

We just let go of LB's and Corner and a safety my guess is because they want them replaced, resigning Tavaris tells me there is no move a QB, that is unless Barkley slips to the second which I doubt will happen.

I hope you're right. While I wouldn't say Barkley is the only QB with any promise, I think the ceilings of the top guys are lower than in most drafts. I think there's a few that can pan out to be given a dalton, hasselback type grade, but not much higher. Go balls to the wall on defense, with 1 or 2 WR/OL/TE mixed in there. Get the QB next year. If we hit on 4-6 picks this year, we can afford to trade multiple picks next year to get the possibly ELITE QB we want so badly.

Thanks for the summary Astro.

If there is one QB I really don't want the Bills to draft, it's Nassib. I want a strong armed quarterback, that can play in the terrible weather in Buffalo. When I watched Nassib, and I could think was this guy is going to be the next Fitz. However, I do agree to go defense in the first round, because there is no QB worth the 8th overall pick.

I've just completed an analysis of the defensive players that are possibly there when the Bills pick:

Possible Defensive players at our pick:

Dee Milliner CB --------------------------------- #7 on our BB

Xavier Rhodes CB------------------------------- #16 on our BB

Bjoern Werner DE43 or OLB34--------------- #2 on our board, #10 if he's OLB34

Jarvis Jones OLB34 or OLB43---------------- #4 on our board, #4 if he's OLB43

Barkevious Mingo OLB34 or DE43----------- #9 on our board, #25 if he's DE43

Datone Jones DE43 or DE34------------------ #24 on our board, #24 if he's DE43

Sheldon Richardson (Jr., decl) DT43

Sharrif Floyd (Jr., decl) DT43

Damontre Moore (Jr., decl) DE43

Ezekiel Ansah DE43

Kevin Minter (Jr., decl) SILB only -------------#18 on our board

Kenny Vaccaro SS or FS-----------------------#12 on our board, #12 if he's FS

Edited by Astrobot

Dee Milliner CB

Barkevious Mingo OLB34

Sheldon Richardson (Jr., decl) DE34

Bjoern Werner (Jr.,decl) DE43

Jarvis Jones OLB34

Ezekiel Ansah DE43

Johnthan Banks CB

Kevin Minter (Jr., decl) SILB

Xavier Rhodes CB

Kenny Vaccaro SS

Datone Jones DE

There is nobody there I would be disappointed in, and there's an argument for CB, DE, OLB, DT, ILB, and even S.

If I had to cross some off, I'd drop the DE43's that can't play 3-4.

You forgot Dion Jordan. He has freakish size, athleticism and versatility. I think he will be a nightmare to defend against in the NFL.

I have the feeling some great player is going to fall to us at #8, and we can trade that pick to get a couple extra players. If we don't get Geno Smith at #8, we will certainly be able to get one of the others later on. I'm not that upset if we have Fitz and Nassib or the kid from Arkansas.

We need linebackers.

We do not have a 7th round pick. And I just don't see Nassib falling to 3rd which would mean past most of the QB needy teams 3x before we can get him.

We will get some compensation pick

That's it I'm Done with Nassib :death::bag:

This draft is based on need, value and Buddy Nix drafting habits, like SEC players.

1. Barkevious Mingo, LSU, OLB,. Flexable player who can bring the heat on a QB.

2. Justin Hunter, Tennessee, WR

3. Ryan Nassib, Syracuse QB. Slips to the third round.

4. Jonathan Bostic, ILB, Florida.

5. Ryan Swope, Texas A&M, WR

6. Dallas Thomas Tennessee, ROT

7. Chris Gragg, Arkanas, TE

I would love this draft. particularly if Swope is around in the 5th.

Nassib might not be there 3 picks into the draft let alone 3 rounds

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

If there is one QB I really don't want the Bills to draft, it's Nassib. I want a strong armed quarterback, that can play in the terrible weather in Buffalo. When I watched Nassib, and I could think was this guy is going to be the next Fitz. However, I do agree to go defense in the first round, because there is no QB worth the 8th overall pick.

+1 And IMO I would add Glennon to the no, never, ever draft list :thumbdown:

I would love this draft. particularly if Swope is around in the 5th.

Would we be smart enough to draft Swope..... who is going to play for a decade plus barring injury ?

I think the new regime regards the 2012 Bills as having primarily a talent problem on offense and primarily a coaching problem on defense, so I can buy WR 1st, particularly if Patterson or Allen's stock rises between now and draft day. Other than one decent possession guy (Stevie) we have no NFL caliber WRs on this roster.

QB in the 2nd, BPA after that.

Edited by SoFFacet

I've just completed an analysis of the defensive players that are possibly there when the Bills pick:

Dee Milliner CB --------------------------------- #7 on our BB

Xavier Rhodes CB------------------------------- #16 on our BB

Bjoern Werner DE43 or OLB34--------------- #2 on our board, #10 if he's OLB34

Jarvis Jones OLB34 or OLB43---------------- #4 on our board, #4 if he's OLB43

Barkevious Mingo OLB34 or DE43----------- #9 on our board, #25 if he's DE43

Datone Jones DE43 or DE34------------------ #24 on our board, #24 if he's DE43

Sheldon Richardson (Jr., decl) DT43

Ezekiel Ansah DE43

Kevin Minter (Jr., decl) SILB only -------------#18 on our board

Kenny Vaccaro SS or FS-----------------------#12 on our board, #12 if he's FS

What, no Mant'i Teo?

Anyway, I prefer Devonte Holloman at SS over Kenny Vaccaro who I think is somewhat overated. Holloman may not be listed as a safety, but IMO, is an easy transition from LB.

Datone is a very interesting prospect, but I doubt we go DE at that pick.

Jones' spine issue presents too great of a risk.

Every time I try to do a mock, I take Te'o at 8... Over Ogletree and all those guys.

NEW ONE,

1.BARKEVIOUS MINGO OLB/DE LSU

2. TYLER WILSON QB ARKANAS

3. QUINTON PATTON WR LA TECH

4. JONATHAN BOSTIC ILB.FLORIDA

5. RYAN SWOPE WR. TEXAS A&M

6. MICHAEL WILLIAMS TE ALABAMA

Like it. Here is mine:

1. Dion Jordan. OLB/DE--Oregon

2. Terrance Williams-WR--Baylor

3. Tyler Wilson--QB--ARK/EJ Manual--QB--FSU

4. Gerald Hodges--OLB--PSU

5. Ryan Swope--WR--Texas A&M

6. Carmeron Merdith--DE--Nebraska/Travis Long--OLB--Wash State.

FA: TE will be addressed with a FA pick. Undrafted rookie: Mauti--ILB--PSU.

NFLDraftcountdown has us taking Cordarrelle Patterson and Ryan Nassib with our 1st 2 picks.

Patterson's highlight reel features far more returns and handoffs than catches. I am not impressed. I ripped the pick of Graham last year because of his bad hands in college and was scoffed at by many here. He ended up the worst or close to worst in the receiver rankings. Does not mean I will be right again. Obviously.

From what I'm hearing this draft is very deep in talent, and not so much with elite players in the top ten. The Bills would do well to trade back and get their QB while picking up some extra picks.

This team IS taking a QB in the 1st round, just not certain which one. I'd think that Nassib would be the logical choice here with the Bills taking WR Patterson at #8 and then trading back into the first to get their QB.

just my 2 cents

Here is my mock draft. Disclaimer: I have never and should never do a mock draft.

1. Matt Barkley

2. Ryan Nassib

3. Tyler Bray

4. EJ Manuel

5. Zac Dysert

6. Collin Klein

One of them should show some promise.

This years QB class is lacking, but I do not see much improvement in next years class.

Arron Murray? Taj Boyd? Not sold yet! Anyone else?

I can't wait until 2015. :w00t:

Idk why Ezekial Ansah would not be in consideration at 8. Yes, he is very raw and would likely take a year or two to fully reach his potential but you can line the guy up anywhere. If the Bills plan on running the hybrid defense, he could easily play 4-3 end 4-3 DT in pass rushing situations, 3-4 OLB or 3-4 DE. He is a man who would plug tons of holes in a hybrid system. Its a big risk but a guy who is 6'5 and 270 pounds with freakishly long arms and a great motor is something to really work with

Here is my mock draft. Disclaimer: I have never and should never do a mock draft.

1. Matt Barkley

2. Ryan Nassib

3. Tyler Bray

4. EJ Manuel

5. Zac Dysert

6. Collin Klein

One of them should show some promise.

This years QB class is lacking, but I do not see much improvement in next years class.

Arron Murray? Taj Boyd? Not sold yet! Anyone else?

I can't wait until 2015. :w00t:

well, we will find a good QB that way. I'd take Wilson over Brey, IMO.