BREAKING NEWS: George Wilson Released

sven233

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does worry me that we opened up a spot in our secondary with the draft coming up. What would the attitude of this board be if the Bills hand in a card with Kenny Vaccaro's name on it.

Nothing would surprise me anymore.

I'm guessing they'll look for a Vet to plug in first...Though decent SS prospects can be had on the 2nd and 3rd day of the Draft...

That's assuming you have a decent Scouting Department of course...I'll just play dumb on that note... B-)

Nice guy but limited in talent, the inability to catch the ball, betrayed him. If he could have made a few key INTs, I think he would still be with the team. I wish him well.

Uhhhhh, the pick-6 against Dallas on Monday Night?

One of the four picks against New England in 2011? A pass that would've been a TD for Gronkowski had Wilson not extended himself to get it.

Now I know that's only two I have mentioned, but those were key INT's.

One of the four picks against New England in 2011? A pass that would've been a TD for Gronkowski had Wilson not extended himself to get it.

Think he was referring to the two he dropped last year that would have sealed wins

Edited by plenzmd1

Rated the 6th best safety in coverage last year by PFF

Not sure why this was a needed move

Same old organization, dumping players before we have actual replacements and creating holes where there were none yesterday.

Reminds me of when we got rid of Fletcher and Spikes becasue they were too old to play - 6 years ago

Same old organization, dumping players before we have actual replacements and creating holes where there were none yesterday.

Reminds me of when we got rid of Fletcher and Spikes becasue they were too old to play - 6 years ago

Yes they were both bad moves for sure.

How could they get rid of players from last year's kick ass defense I'll never know. Simply appalling.

Well, I guess one thing we have to say is that next year won't be same old, same old.Of course, this does beg the question of "How the hell are we going to fill all of these holes?" There's no way that we're going to be able to fill all holes with the draft, and we don't have a ton to spend on free agency.

This season. Wilson had a chance to ice the games against the Titans and the Rams in the last 2 minutes but dropped the ball. That is what is fresh in the minds of management.

Classy guy and a great story -- going from undrafted WR to starting S -- but let's face it, the fact the new regime isn't paying homage to underperforming "leaders" like Wilson and Barnett is a wonderful thing. Lots more $$ in the coffers to field a defense that actually makes plays.

How many of you will go absolutely ballistic if Pettine decides Kelsay is worth keeping around? :devil:

Fine with this as well. Good guy, always gave us his best. But his best wasnt always good enough. Liability in the run, and a Strong Safety can NOT be a liability against the run. Struggle in coverage a bit, fine. But he has to be our last wave of run support and Wilson aint it.

Best of luck to George.

To me, this has to bode well for re-signing Byrd, as I doubt that we would jettison both starting safeties when they were one of the strengths of the team. Wilson didn't have a good year, IMO. I was expecting a lot more, but then again I was expecting it because I expected a pass rush. Silly me.

I fully expect the Bills to re-sign or franchise Byrd, and sign LaRon Landry or Eric Smith of the Jets.

Almost a guarantee now that Byrd is hit with the franchise tag. He is the guy I really want to stay.

With Wilson and Barnett gone, I wonder what DC Pettine has planned for the defense. Switch back to 3-4? I know he wants DBs with speed, fly to the ball and hit hard.

I'll search the board when I have time, but if you beat me to it, there have been a number of links posted to interviews with Pettine where he talks about the base D, and how non-important that is, and that most Defenses run a number of different schemes.

Point is, dont worry about getting a specific label for that detail when it doesnt even matter to the coaches.