BREAKING NEWS: George Wilson Released

sven233

Rated the 6th best safety in coverage last year by PFF

Not sure why this was a needed move

Same old organization, dumping players before we have actual replacements and creating holes where there were none yesterday.

Reminds me of when we got rid of Fletcher and Spikes becasue they were too old to play - 6 years ago

Stats lie.

The ability for teams to run on the Bills prolly slanted their pass defense numbers to look better than they were. Wilson was ok

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like both of these moves alot. I've really liked what I've seen from Searcy and Bradham. Hopefully Pettine has some idea of a couple new FAs he can bring in. I would love Laron Landry.

On another note, whats with all the Kelsay bashing? Yes, he was TERRIBLE as a 3-4 OLB, but he has always been an above average DE. Maybe he didn't deserve the 8M a year or whatever he's getting paid, but I've never seen him as a liability when hes put in the right spot. He made a couple great plays against the run this year and even forced that safety against Arizona. Big question mark in my eyes is can he stay healthy?

http://wgr550.com/Re...Wilson/15502925

Hoping this isn't the end! A lot more players need to go!

I like these guys as people, but we need beter players. This is a start.

Great NFL career for George. Made the most of it. Good for him. His pick 6 off Dareus' helmet in the NE game a top 50 all time Bills Defensive highlight... supercharged that game... good luck George.

This is a sign that the evaluation process is pretty thorough at 1 Bills Drive. These veterans don't fit in to what their trying to do and I am excited that they recognize that they need to get better at those positions. Hopefully they purge a few more before its over.

Great NFL career for George. Made the most of it. Good for him. His pick 6 off Dareus' helmet in the NE game a top 50 all time Bills Defensive highlight... supercharged that game... good luck George.

I believe that was Drayton Florence. But George made an even better play on the interception in the end zone. Was completely burned by Gronk and somehow recovered and caught it on his fingertips. I even remember hearing Brady completely baffled by the play in his post game.

I'm a big George Wilson fan and I sport the dude's jersey. This sucks! I think I'm done buying jerseys for a while. And honestly, I'm kind of surprised they'd release George Wilson before Chris Kelsay. Am I missing something as far as the way their salaries are structured? Doesn't kelsay make more? Don't we have more DE's than safeties?

Agreed! I'm starting to believe that Kelsay and Wilson have a secret love child.

Dangit Pettine, DON'T STOP NOW!

-McGee, and Kelsay, can both be upgraded too. If any franchise is gonna build a vaunted D through the draft, this would be the year to start doing it. It sucks, but nice guys get old, and unproductive too. When they do, they need to move on to other things for the good of the team. It's sad, but...

I'M OVER IT!!!! Bring on Blitz-a-palooza, Baby!

To me, this has to bode well for re-signing Byrd, as I doubt that we would jettison both starting safeties when they were one of the strengths of the team. Wilson didn't have a good year, IMO. I was expecting a lot more, but then again I was expecting it because I expected a pass rush. Silly me.

I fully expect the Bills to re-sign or franchise Byrd, and sign LaRon Landry or Eric Smith of the Jets.

This.

Bittersweet moment. Great guy, but it's time to win.

Until the Bills get back to being a competitive team that actually makes the playoffs once a decade, I don't give a goddamn what run-of-the-mill starters they release. Done playing the "they're my guys" game. Great guys who play for losing teams are still losers, and this is a business about winning.

Until the Bills get back to being a competitive team that actually makes the playoffs once a decade, I don't give a goddamn what run-of-the-mill starters they release. Done playing the "they're my guys" game. Great guys who play for losing teams are still losers, and this is a business about winning.

Marv Albert - "YES!!!"

To me, this has to bode well for re-signing Byrd, as I doubt that we would jettison both starting safeties when they were one of the strengths of the team. Wilson didn't have a good year, IMO. I was expecting a lot more, but then again I was expecting it because I expected a pass rush. Silly me.

I fully expect the Bills to re-sign or franchise Byrd, and sign LaRon Landry or Eric Smith of the Jets.

I don't think it bodes anything with regard to Byrd. I think they just want a big, physical strong safety. Landry or Smith are possibilities.

Byrd may come down to what they plan to do with Aaron Williams.

One of the problems with using high draft picks on safeties and guards is that you should WANT to re-sign your early round picks when they pan out. But do you really want to pay $8-$10M per year for players at those positions?

I'm guessing they'll look for a Vet to plug in first...Though decent SS prospects can be had on the 2nd and 3rd day of the Draft...

That's assuming you have a decent Scouting Department of course...I'll just play dumb on that note... B-)

Thomas from SU perhaps in a later round, vet to plug in for now. Byrd, Landry, Searcy, Thomas as backup.

Edited by RyanC883