BREAKING NEWS: George Wilson Released

sven233

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The release of Barnett and Wilson are two of the better cap savings cuts we could have possibly made. If I'm not mistaken, the cuts of these two will save us over $7 M next year. I'm guessing they are saving cash for some re signings and new signings come FA.

Edited by Magox

To me, this has to bode well for re-signing Byrd, as I doubt that we would jettison both starting safeties when they were one of the strengths of the team. Wilson didn't have a good year, IMO. I was expecting a lot more, but then again I was expecting it because I expected a pass rush. Silly me.

I fully expect the Bills to re-sign or franchise Byrd, and sign LaRon Landry or Eric Smith of the Jets.

To me, this has to bode well for re-signing Byrd, as I doubt that we would jettison both starting safeties when they were one of the strengths of the team. Wilson didn't have a good year, IMO. I was expecting a lot more, but then again I was expecting it because I expected a pass rush. Silly me.

I fully expect the Bills to re-sign or franchise Byrd, and sign LaRon Landry or Eric Smith of the Jets.

I like the idea of Byrd, Landry, and Searcy as a safety trio.

Hoping this isn’t the end. We have a lot of dead weight on this team. It is average players like these that have kept us from the Playoffs and competing for a Championship. Well, average players like these and absolutely terrible QBs. Anyway, we are heading in the right direction, but there are still a lot of players that need to go! Keep going!!!!

I'm a big George Wilson fan and I sport the dude's jersey. This sucks! I think I'm done buying jerseys for a while. And honestly, I'm kind of surprised they'd release George Wilson before Chris Kelsay. Am I missing something as far as the way their salaries are structured? Doesn't kelsay make more? Don't we have more DE's than safeties?

Nice guy but limited in talent, the inability to catch the ball, betrayed him. If he could have made a few key INTs, I think he would still be with the team. I wish him well.

Edited by Nitro

It does worry me that we opened up a spot in our secondary with the draft coming up. What would the attitude of this board be if the Bills hand in a card with Kenny Vaccaro's name on it.

Nothing would surprise me anymore.

Awesome guy...But had a terrible year in 2012...When the Bills were rumored to be interested in Drafting Mark Barron last year I was against it in part because I thought Wilson was pretty good...As last season wore on I told a friend..."Now I understand why they were so high on Barron..." Wilson was about done and they knew it... B-)