Bills hire Mike Pettine for Defensive Coordinator

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone is here to kick ass and chew bubble gum....and he's fresh out of bubble gum. I'm lovin this guy already. Him, Brandon, Whaley and Buddah said they were gonna get right to work. While other teams are floundering around interviewing more coaches, looking for GM's, OC's, DC's, having media day to talk about tattoos.....the Bills are quietly getting all their ducks in a row and gettin stuff done. It seems they have a plan and they are getting right into the meat of that plan without looking back. This hire is particularly interesting with his AFC experience and our problems against the Jets the last few seasons.

Go Bills!!!

Him, Brandon, Whaley and Buddah said they were gonna get right to work. While other teams are floundering around interviewing more coaches, looking for GM's, OC's, DC's, having media day to talk about tattoos.....

Go Bills!!!

This aspect struck me yesterday. It is just 10 days since our season ended and the Gailey era seems like such a distant memory. I can't recall when I forgot about an ex-coach in such a short amount of time. In just a few days, we have witnessed a shift in the top power structure, hiring of a new HC, DC and OC ! Let the player evaluations begin.

Love this hire but please tell me this doesnt mean Mario playing LB.

Also, I noticed that Marrone hasnt named an assistant HC yet.

Think this title may go to Petine?

CBF

Nobody knows about 3-4, 4-3 or 46. Best part is that Pettine has coached variations of them all (see Jets of recent years). Not to mention Mario was seemingly adjusting very well in Wade's 3-4 in Houston. Enjoy the fact that we got a coach who will scheme based on his personnel and not spend the season trying to ram a square peg in a round hole.

This aspect struck me yesterday. It is just 10 days since our season ended and the Gailey era seems like such a distant memory. I can't recall when I forgot about an ex-coach in such a short amount of time. In just a few days, we have witnessed a shift in the top power structure, hiring of a new HC, DC and OC ! Let the player evaluations begin.

Change has never come this fast at OBD. Things really are different now. I salute everyone who said Ralph had to go. He was holding us back. You were right. But also hats off to Russ Brandon. The guy is getting things done.

PTR

He's too young....um....he's a Daddy's Boy coach....hmmm....he was a puppet to Rex?

Seriously, the only think I can think of that is negative about this hire is that in 3 years we may lose him to an NFL HC job.

Awesome news!!! :w00t:

I know....exciting. I can see quite a few players let go based on these hires: they are bringing in new blood at the top levels of the organization. That has to convert to new players on the field.

Seriously, the only think I can think of that is negative about this hire is that in 3 years we may lose him to an NFL HC job.

If he does well, I think this may be sooner. I guess it's a good problem to have. Better than nobody wanting him.

Edited by kas23