Bills opening ranked 4th best opportunity

I have a daughter who lives in San Diego, and grew up in Buffalo.

Buffalo has better schools, more affordable housing, and a more committed fan base. Coaches can keep a lot more $ in Buffalo than in San Diego.

If the weather forecast in San Diego is promising, your tickets go up on stub hub and you head to the beach.

Charger's Ownership make Ralph look like a saint.

I openly LOLed at San Diego being rated that high for several of the reasons you've already mentioned. California is super expensive to live in. The Murph (refuse to call it Qualcomm) is an ancient stadium too by modern standards and I don't think the City is ever going to find the resources to build a new one.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on. After this day of cold rain here in NC, tell me you'd not want to live in SD? And we are not even near Buffalo type weather, just more grey, more rain, ans snow.

I honestly wouldn't. I love the weather in NC (even the rainy days). I've never been that far West but I like seasons. In regards to coaches, I think things like weather play a very minor part in their decision.

With all due respect, that's great, but the prospective coach isn't looking only at talent. They're looking at market size and prominence and yes, they are looking at weather and where they want to move their family. That's what these so-called rankings are taking into account.

There are seven openings as a HC for an NFL team. With at least 30+ suitors, I doubt the coaches are looking at all these aspects. The real key is talent and/or ability to procure talent. If the coaches don't feel they can win with the talent on the team, they will take themselves out of the running. I think the Bills are in a better position right now than they were 3 years ago.

I love Buffalo, but it's tough to argue the attractiveness of living in San Diego versus Buffalo.

The NFL dream is short lived. If you are a hot Coordinator and a possibility for a HC job, you are going to take it, because you may not get that chance again.

Outside of the big cities, NY, Dallas, Phili, and such our media is very focused on the Bills-very critical. No other small market team has that like we do, yet you o lying realize it if you're in that bubble or WNY.

What other market does a coach get Jerry Sullivan living in his colon?

PTR

Weather and market size are down the list. Coaches want talent, control and a big check. Didn't Parcells say that coaching in Buffalo would be great, only thing to think about is football. Media market also brings media and no coach likes that. Come to Buffalo win a Super Bowl, get into Canton and open up a chain of restaurants. Done.

In the final analysis the potential coach is going to evaluate the talent and what it will take to get to the playoffs. The negative is we havent been there in darn near forever. The strong point is we DO have a lot of playoff talent and haven't put it together. At the beginning of the season I said if Chan didn't get nine wins with this team he should be fired. That was because I felt with good coaching that this team had it in it to get nine wins. Then new coach here would have all the ingredients except the quarterback (huge ingredient by the way.)

The NFL dream is short lived. If you are a hot Coordinator and a possibility for a HC job, you are going to take it, because you may not get that chance again.

How is this comment relevant? The point is that the HC job San Diego is more attractive than the HC job in Buffalo. It was not about HC job in Buffalo versus no HC job at all.

I honestly wouldn't. I love the weather in NC (even the rainy days). I've never been that far West but I like seasons. In regards to coaches, I think things like weather play a very minor part in their decision.

Dude I like seasons too. Everyone on here is FROM BUFFALO. So we know why there are many redeeming qualities to the region. But unfortunately many of these coaching candidates have probably stood on the beach in San Diego in October amdist palm trees while the orange sun is setting on the Pacific while babes in bikinis are walking by sipping on fruity drinks. I have witnessed this scene and it is 15 minutes from the freaking stadium. But if you want to continue to believe that Buffalo is a more attractive place because we get an actual spring (it rains for two months and the skies are all grey while sooty snow is piled up in mall parking lots), then please continue to believe it.

There are seven openings as a HC for an NFL team. With at least 30+ suitors, I doubt the coaches are looking at all these aspects. The real key is talent and/or ability to procure talent. If the coaches don't feel they can win with the talent on the team, they will take themselves out of the running. I think the Bills are in a better position right now than they were 3 years ago.

I wonder if Brian Schottenheimer is regretting not interviewing with the Bills last time.

How is this comment relevant? The point is that the HC job San Diego is more attractive than the HC job in Buffalo. It was not about HC job in Buffalo versus no HC job at all.

The point I've been trying to make is that the Chargers have a good chance of moving to LA. So there's a good chance of not living in SD for very long.

What other market does a coach get Jerry Sullivan living in his colon?

PTR

Show me a market where the team has sucked for 13 years, yet the newspaper columnists in that market are fawning over the team? I am trying to respect your opinion, but you are way over the top in terms of your criticism of "harsh" Bills fans and local media.

Dude I like seasons too. Everyone on here is FROM BUFFALO. So we know why there are many redeeming qualities to the region. But unfortunately many of these coaching candidates have probably stood on the beach in San Diego in October amdist palm trees while the orange sun is setting on the Pacific while babes in bikinis are walking by sipping on fruity drinks. I have witnessed this scene and it is 15 minutes from the freaking stadium. But if you want to continue to believe that Buffalo is a more attractive place because we get an actual spring (it rains for two months and the skies are all grey while sooty snow is piled up in mall parking lots), then please continue to believe it.

Good point. Let's be realistic, the weather SUCKS for about 5 months a year. I like seasons, but only 3 of them are good. One of them is terrible, and it's the longest of the 3 by far.