Bills opening ranked 4th best opportunity

Show me a market where the team has sucked for 13 years, yet the newspaper columnists in that market are fawning over the team? I am trying to respect your opinion, but you are way over the top in terms of your criticism of "harsh" Bills fans and local media.

Go to NY and Dallas. Even in the better and best years the media grill them. Look at the Giants, they were toasted even last year. In Boston there are still media members who shriek how the defense is not as good as it used to be, in Phili they are going to go rabid over whoever they throw out - leaving a carcass. San Diego, Kansas City, both have underperformed for the better part of a decade - why would a coach want to go there over Buffalo? The San Diego GM will be brand new, the team will be the same - even at QB. KC has shown nothing by the way of commitment to improving.

At least the Bills have stood up and made a statement. We have been making them for two, almost 3, years now and all of us have been too close to realize the gravity and the magnitude of what it meant to the league. It started when we signed Ryan Fitzpatrick. For better or for worse, we extended a guy who performed, a leader, someone who was noticed in the league. We got guys like Barnett, Merriman, guys who we do not even think about on a regular basis. Guys like Chandler, Donald Jones, Lee Smith, middle of the road guys to just under average guys who have come in to Buffalo and been able to contribute. Sure, someone like Ruvell Martin might not be a top 3 WR on this league, but to other players in the league they see that we stick with guys who we see something in - hard working team players. Buffalo has been making more noise then we realize - not all of it good, but we have shown in recent years we are finished with woah as me Buffalo attitudes.

Great. LA is also a more attractive place for most people than Buffalo. So San Diego is kind of a win-win.

LA is more attractive then Buffalo? Seriously? LA is a dump. It has some really nice places, but so does Buffalo. It is all about the scale of your surroundings, and LA ain't that special. You pay a ton more taxes, deal with a lot more mess and traffic, have to fight to be relevant, and it's freaking LA! I would take Boone, North Carolina over Beverly Hills, CA any day. I'd take Zanesville, Ohio over Los Angeles, Atlantic Beach, NC over S.D, Cali...

The only people appealed by LA are the owners who want the money and the glam guy attention whores like Gruden.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year, I know multiple people who decide to move to LA.

I know nobody that decides to move to Buffalo.

That's a bit different, those are for employment opportunities not found in B-lo. Everyone I went to school with in Ohio that didn't leave went to Arizona. People go South not because they go to the weather, but for employment.

Thank you. Personally, I'd put the Arizona job ahead of the Bills as well because of the golf courses and what not. I'm not telling you what job I would rather have, I'm telling you what job most 50+ year-old men who aren't from Buffalo would rather have.

Most 50 year old men who are from Buffalo would rather have that too, which is why most of them don't live in Buffalo any longer.

Go to NY and Dallas. Even in the better and best years the media grill them. Look at the Giants, they were toasted even last year. In Boston there are still media members who shriek how the defense is not as good as it used to be, in Phili they are going to go rabid over whoever they throw out - leaving a carcass. San Diego, Kansas City, both have underperformed for the better part of a decade - why would a coach want to go there over Buffalo? The San Diego GM will be brand new, the team will be the same - even at QB. KC has shown nothing by the way of commitment to improving.

At least the Bills have stood up and made a statement. We have been making them for two, almost 3, years now and all of us have been too close to realize the gravity and the magnitude of what it meant to the league. It started when we signed Ryan Fitzpatrick. For better or for worse, we extended a guy who performed, a leader, someone who was noticed in the league. We got guys like Barnett, Merriman, guys who we do not even think about on a regular basis. Guys like Chandler, Donald Jones, Lee Smith, middle of the road guys to just under average guys who have come in to Buffalo and been able to contribute. Sure, someone like Ruvell Martin might not be a top 3 WR on this league, but to other players in the league they see that we stick with guys who we see something in - hard working team players. Buffalo has been making more noise then we realize - not all of it good, but we have shown in recent years we are finished with woah as me Buffalo attitudes.

LA is more attractive then Buffalo? Seriously? LA is a dump. It has some really nice places, but so does Buffalo. It is all about the scale of your surroundings, and LA ain't that special. You pay a ton more taxes, deal with a lot more mess and traffic, have to fight to be relevant, and it's freaking LA! I would take Boone, North Carolina over Beverly Hills, CA any day. I'd take Zanesville, Ohio over Los Angeles, Atlantic Beach, NC over S.D, Cali...

The only people appealed by LA are the owners who want the money and the glam guy attention whores like Gruden.

Yes, but why is Philly a more attractive job than Buffalo then? It's because it puts you on a bigger stage. Plus, the perception is that there's going to be more money at your disposal to attract players. Let's see, the Lakers and Dodgers are able to attract talent pretty easily, aren't they? If you think that most players and coaches would rather go to Buffalo- a city so small time that it HANDED TERRELL OWENS A KEY TO THE CITY- than LA with a brand new stadium, you simply aren't thinking this through. I'm not saying that Buffalo may not be a better place for Joe six-pack to raise a family and take his kids to hockey practice.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

A smart candidate will have his agent or himself really look into yesterdays move with Brandon.

If what we were told is the truth and Ralps phone line is a one way line, i mean Brandon letting Ralp know what has or is being done then who would not want to come to Buffalo.

Say what you will, but if you are married with a family and can make millions of dollars a little snow is nothing.

The fan base and the city are dying for a winner. You would be the king of Buffalo if you brought us a winner. The Bills fan remember their great coaches and players like Gods. Its why 10 years later we where still asking for Kelly or Marv to come back!!

If the franchise is truely commited than i think the Bills job is a great opportunity. The Bills have to show the candidate they will give them a good allowance for Cords and scouting depts. This is what will really win a coach over. If he knows he has few limitations on the staff he can assemble, he will like the job even more.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Love the mention of getting Merriman. Yeah, he was roider cut by the "under achieving" Chargers. I wish Buffalo could have under achieved this decade and could have watched them play in a AFC championship game. The league really took notice of the Bills extending Fitztragic as well. I'm sure it provided a lot of laughs around the league.

He is a fellow Carolinian...

it was sunny and 58 on New Years eve, did you like that?

Love the mention of getting Merriman. Yeah, he was roider cut by the "under achieving" Chargers. I wish Buffalo could have under achieved this decade and could have watched them play in a AFC championship game. The league really took notice of the Bills extending Fitztragic as well. I'm sure it provided a lot of laughs around the league.

it was sunny and 58 on New Years eve, did you like that?

With the talent San Diego had they were supposed to be Super Bowl contenders, each year they were just pretenders. Getting there and finishing 2nd place in a game to determine who is 3rd runner up is not legit. San Diego never put together what they needed to.

Sunday was better then Monday, better to work in. We need more rain, though.

Dude I like seasons too. Everyone on here is FROM BUFFALO. So we know why there are many redeeming qualities to the region. But unfortunately many of these coaching candidates have probably stood on the beach in San Diego in October amdist palm trees while the orange sun is setting on the Pacific while babes in bikinis are walking by sipping on fruity drinks. I have witnessed this scene and it is 15 minutes from the freaking stadium. But if you want to continue to believe that Buffalo is a more attractive place because we get an actual spring (it rains for two months and the skies are all grey while sooty snow is piled up in mall parking lots), then please continue to believe it.

I wasn't commenting on Buffalo and Spring. I was talking about NC. And I never said Buffalo was a more attractive place than SD. Who in their right mind would despute the weather being better in SD than Buffalo? I just said it plays a much smaller part in a coaches decision than you like to insist.

I'd say the Eagles Job is the worse, you have a impatience,negative & hostile fan base that have expectation that are unrealistic with their talent & that not the worst part, the Philadelphia press are murder,

So the next coach better get ready because Andy Reid ignored them for 14 years & now they are looking for blood & the Philly press don't do Honeymoon period.

I'd say the Eagles Job is the worse, you have a impatience,negative & hostile fan base that have expectation that are unrealistic with their talent & that not the worst part, the Philadelphia press are murder,

So the next coach better get ready because Andy Reid ignored them for 14 years & now they are looking for blood & the Philly press don't do Honeymoon period.

But coaches only care about good weather. That's the overwhelming reason every coach will pick San Diego first.

How is this comment relevant? The point is that the HC job San Diego is more attractive than the HC job in Buffalo. It was not about HC job in Buffalo versus no HC job at all.

The original point was whether you would take a HC job in Buffalo or stay back as a OC or DC in your current location. In that context, the point is relevant.

But coaches only care about good weather. That's the overwhelming reason every coach will pick San Diego first.

San Diego is a beautiful place to live but people say the Bills are cheap but the Chargers are worse, not only to they not sign free agents but they let their best players go too

The issue with many name coaches is that they would like to go to a team with an established QB ...San Diego and Chicago have them. Philadelphia doesnt but they have a well established offense with 2 WRs and RB set.

Others have said KC is an ideal job for the same reason. Their hole is at QB. Their defense was top 5 this past season Assuming they keep their guys they are set at WRs and RB.

Cleveland was a weird situation....new owner came on board and so he wants his guys. Cleveland has talent.

Arizona.....you have a strong defense but holes at QB, RB, and 2nd WR spot.

With Buffalo.....assuming they keep Levitre and Byrd....their "holes" are going to be who will be a #2 deep threat and the need to establish a future QB in waiting. With Defense the issue is in LBs that need to be addressed through UFA/draft.

the other issue in Buffalo is having to play in the same division as New England.

also, thinking about it a bit more..Philly shouldn't even be in top 3. Who would want to follow in Reid's shoes? Call the guy what you want, but he's been winning in Philly for the last decade. That's hard to replace. And that roster seems full of quitters and nutcases.

Also, their fans are a bunch of A-holes.

I had to wear a sweatshirt today :)

I wore a T shirt today. High of 67 last time I checked. Sunny skies, BBQ'd steaks last night outside. I certainly do enjoy living in SD.

San Diego is a beautiful place to live but people say the Bills are cheap but the Chargers are worse, not only to they not sign free agents but they let their best players go too

That's why AJ Smith got fired.

Edited by Fan in San Diego