Bills opening ranked 4th best opportunity

http://www.nfl.com/n...g-opportunities

4) Buffalo Bills

This is an underrated job and opportunity because, well, people tend to overlook Buffalo. One can imagine why -- the Bills own the league's longest playoff drought. But the new hire would find this job welcoming; ex-coach Chan Gailey said the Bills are the only franchise he's been fired from that he'll still root for. There is a commitment from the city, possibly a new stadium on the way, and boatloads of defensive talent, such as Mario Williams and Jairus Byrd, and offensive weapons like C.J. Spiller. One major question: What happens at quarterback? Ryan Fitzpatrick is unlikely to be considered Buffalo's quarterback of the future. Perhaps the new coach will get to groom the next signal-caller. Also, don't forget this factor: Bills fans, known as the Bills Mafia, are intense. They are dying to wrap their arms around a winner, with the spoils going to whoever brings them one. One would just need to overcome the doom-and-gloom attitude that has long enveloped the Bills.

Us? Negative?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with the Bears and maybe the Eagles, but Chargers? No way. They may move to LA and their talent is aging rapidly.

And Rivers has been absolutely HORRIBLE the last year and a half or so.

I'd put the Bills vacancy at #3, followed by Cleveland (they have a lot of young talent), and then SD at #5.

also, thinking about it a bit more..Philly shouldn't even be in top 3. Who would want to follow in Reid's shoes? Call the guy what you want, but he's been winning in Philly for the last decade. That's hard to replace. And that roster seems full of quitters and nutcases.

Chargers are absolutely above us. Not to mention most people would rather live in San Diego over Buffalo, just sayin. I agree the Eagles is a HIGH pressure job, but they are also the most visible market, even over Chicago, so that's a factor that could jump them up a spot or drop them a spot depending on wh oyou're talking about.

Edited by ndirish1978

http://www.nfl.com/n...g-opportunities

Us? Negative?

PTR

No way, we are not negative at all, whats this guy talking about? (of course if we had a good QB and coaching we would be way more positive :thumbsup: )

The points about San Diego's roster not being so great may be true, but the San Diego job is in...San Diego...

:censored: San Diego bunch of warm weather fairies.

The points about San Diego's roster not being so great may be true, but the San Diego job is in...San Diego...

Thank you. Personally, I'd put the Arizona job ahead of the Bills as well because of the golf courses and what not. I'm not telling you what job I would rather have, I'm telling you what job most 50+ year-old men who aren't from Buffalo would rather have.

Chargers are absolutely above us. Not to mention most people would rather live in San Diego over Buffalo, just sayin. I agree the Eagles is a HIGH pressure job, but they are also the most visible market, even over Chicago, so that's a factor that could jump them up a spot or drop them a spot depending on wh oyou're talking about.

I would take that as a negative, it just means more media BS and Philly is notorious for bad fans, no thanks. A big market also has nothing to with coaching and talent so as a coach it would be irrelevant to me.

Thank you. Personally, I'd put the Arizona job ahead of the Bills as well because of the golf courses and what not. I'm not telling you what job I would rather have, I'm telling you what job most 50+ year-old men who aren't from Buffalo would rather have.

As they die from heat stroke, the best time for golf there is during the season so it would be better here.

I'm talking strictly football. And the Chargers may not be in San Diego for much longer...

The clowns at CBSSPORTS.com ranked us 7 of 7, so glad to see that the NFL.com guys at least spent 20 seconds reviewing the level of bills talent before determining that because the bills have no QB they must be the worst.

Cuz the Cards have an awesome QB situation, amirite??

I'd agree with that order. But is 4th out of 7 reason to celebrate?

A Negative Nancy could have titled this thread

"Bills opening ranked 4th worst opportunity"

and it would have been equally as accurate ;)

It will be interesting who the Bills will be able to attract.

Maybe todays "mind blowing" news will help attract top talent :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'm talking strictly football. And the Chargers may not be in San Diego for much longer...

With all due respect, that's great, but the prospective coach isn't looking only at talent. They're looking at market size and prominence and yes, they are looking at weather and where they want to move their family. That's what these so-called rankings are taking into account.

I have a daughter who lives in San Diego, and grew up in Buffalo.

Buffalo has better schools, more affordable housing, and a more committed fan base. Coaches can keep a lot more $ in Buffalo than in San Diego.

If the weather forecast in San Diego is promising, your tickets go up on stub hub and you head to the beach.

Charger's Ownership make Ralph look like a saint.

It is Doom and Gloom but otherwise quote is right. Then you also got those in press who enjoy a Buffalo beating more than a Buffalo win. And everybody not in organization thinks they could pick/coach better then front office because they won Madden by cheating once. Very hostile environment for new coach.

It is Doom and Gloom but otherwise quote is right. Then you also got those in press who enjoy a Buffalo beating more than a Buffalo win. And everybody not in organization thinks they could pick/coach better then front office because they won Madden by cheating once. Very hostile environment for new coach.

Outside of the big cities, NY, Dallas, Phili, and such our media is very focused on the Bills-very critical. No other small market team has that like we do, yet you o lying realize it if you're in that bubble or WNY.