Graham and Thurman beef

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is precisely why I'm not on Twitter. I think my IQ would drop 80 points if I was on there for any more than an hour.

Actually, I think the opposite. Twitter is a great info feed. You get to pick and choose who to follow and can make it a true one stop shop for all the info you need. I follow players, fan clubs and the press for all my teams and sports, plus other personal interest stuff, political pundits, news sources, entertainers/muscians I like, comediennes, hosts of radio and TV shows I like, on and on. "I Like Girls Daily" is also on there. You know...for diversity of content ;).

Not his, nor Sal M.'s

On Tuesday he was complaining on Twitter he had to work and cover the Brandon presser. I tweeted him back....."youre a sports journalist for HOW LONG and STILL dont realize its a 24/7 deal?"

I love it when sports writers complain about their jobs, or when Schopp complains about having to do a Bills post game show. Boo-frickin' hoo! The people who actually do work for a living feel bad for you. These guys sit around and complain about the free buffet they get in the press box.

PTR

I never found Tim Graham to be all that riveting in anything he writes. Maybe because he's a lot more thick-skinned and is a much stronger debater, but I'm much happier with Wawrow hanging around here than TG believing he was gracing us with his presence. His last post here was epic in how inflated he viewed himself.

does anyone have a link to his last post? I'm on my phone and its not very easy to search but I'm interested in seeing it since I don't recall it ever.

Actually, I think the opposite. Twitter is a great info feed. You get to pick and choose who to follow and can make it a true one stop shop for all the info you need. I follow players, fan clubs and the press for all my teams and sports, plus other personal interest stuff, political pundits, news sources, entertainers/muscians I like, comediennes, hosts of radio and TV shows I like, on and on. "I Like Girls Daily" is also on there. You know...for diversity of content ;).

A few people I know are on Twitter and do the same thing...they don't tweet, just follow others. I'm still a tad skeptical....

I love it when sports writers complain about their jobs, or when Schopp complains about having to do a Bills post game show. Boo-frickin' hoo! The people who actually do work for a living feel bad for you. These guys sit around and complain about the free buffet they get in the press box.

PTR

Marv Albert wrote a book about it....how he pretty much lost his entire life becuase he had to work. I beleive its called "Id Love to, but I have a game." Thing is, he wrote it not to complain, but just to just outline the life of a sports journalist/announcer.

Dont get me wrong, Im sure its a tough gig sometimes and a drag on your time. But jeez...dont B word about it in public. So unprofessional.

Anyone surprised? Tim is quite thin skinned. He's not bright enough to debate/argue so he runs away and pouts. I never really had any respect for him when he graced TBD with his presence.

Not surprising he got dumped by ESPN once they quickly realized his lack of talent and now he's bitter because he is back working in Buffalo and isn't even a beat writer, columnist or radio guest.

I think you have it backwards. Tim left a blogger post with ESPN to take the BN job. Then, ESPN couldn't get anyone to fill his shoes on the blog so they gave it to the NFC North hack James Walker...who is lazy and retweets his own tweets.

from Chris Taprasso?

Did I mention any names? It was an "in-general" comment. You like to pick the fly $h1t out of the pepper, don't you?

Marv Albert wrote a book about it....how he pretty much lost his entire life becuase he had to work. I beleive its called "Id Love to, but I have a game." Thing is, he wrote it not to complain, but just to just outline the life of a sports journalist/announcer.

Dont get me wrong, Im sure its a tough gig sometimes and a drag on your time. But jeez...dont B word about it in public. So unprofessional.

probably a bit more intense for marv than it is for tim, too.

Twitter is a great way to get breaking sports news.

if your ok knowing 15 minutes later, the actual sports sites are pretty much the same but filter out some of the trash.

if your [sic] ok knowing 15 minutes later, the actual sports sites are pretty much the same but filter out some of the trash.

I am willing to sort through a little trash...and it's a quick way for me personally to sort through things like when I am waiting for lunch. You also can follow players and other people. I find it interesting and enjoyable, but I also understand why some people hate it (for it's lack of polish).

does anyone have a link to his last post? I'm on my phone and its not very easy to search but I'm interested in seeing it since I don't recall it ever.

Here's his last post: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/105064-ask-tim-graham-part-iii/page__st__280__p__1849486#entry1849486

and the ensuing discussion:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/113015-thanks-leonidas/

I don't think there is anything wrong with how he conducts himself. It's not like he owes anyone any undeserved courtesies.

I enjoy a good give and take, but I certainly would stop posting here if I was subject to a constant barrage of personal attacks.

Just like anyone has the "right" to criticize in a public forum, he's got the "right" to respond however he wants.

I'm also not saying we should've bowed down to him for simply gracing us with his presence, but I do think he deserves some gratitude, and not so much criticism for things unrelated to the discourse on the board.

I think Graham is a pretty good writer. He's written a lot of engaging pieces, but he strikes me as one of the reporters who are angry the internet exists and it is changing their job.

I have had a disagreement with Wawrow on here, but he takes it/dishes it out and moves on. A lot of reporters should learn from that instead of silly arguments like this one.

Edited by jeremy2020

I never found Tim Graham to be all that riveting in anything he writes. Maybe because he's a lot more thick-skinned and is a much stronger debater, but I'm much happier with Wawrow hanging around here than TG believing he was gracing us with his presence. His last post here was epic in how inflated he viewed himself.

Graham was a way better AFCE blogger for ESPN than the brain dead James Walker.

Thanks Flap. I kind of remember this. At the time I really though Tim took his ball and went home. I'd have to read it all over again to be sure I didn't change my take in it now.

In the end, I saw one of the posts on the "ensuing discussion" and it really hit it on the head for me. For a national writer to be on a board like this and act like his S%#T don't stink and he should be praised for being here is comical. He's a person. Nothing he gives us that we couldn't find on twitter or anywhere else if we really looked. People here have inside info that don't work for the BN or ESPN. People that know some of these Buffalo Bills employees personally. All that stuff.

Just seems like he took things personal and he never should have. It's part of the job. Much like how he's acting with TT now. He seems like he's pissed he can't get any info out of TT and he's got to wait in the shadows with all of us "normal" people.

I also don't know if that is the reason is Lori also left but it seems like she was offended by this whole thing and left to back someone else instead of the "normal" people on the board. Just seems stupid. People need to lighten up a bit.

With that. I'm done.

Graham was a way better AFCE blogger for ESPN than the brain dead James Walker.

Most people on this board would probably agree, but not for the right reasons. Graham was an unabashed Buffalo Bills homer, so pathetic was he that when asked which QB he'd rather have when given a choice between Jay Cutler and Trent Edwards, he chose Trent Edwards. [Link]

It's no wonder Mr. Graham is beloved in Buffalo Bills Nation, a fanbase that tolerates and lauds a poorly performing front office operation.

It's no wonder Mr. Graham is beloved in Buffalo Bills Nation, a fanbase that tolerates and lauds a poorly performing front office operation.

In a thread that is 90% bashing the guy, it is impressive that you live in enough of a daze to pretend otherwise.

In a thread that is 90% bashing the guy, it is impressive that you live in enough of a daze to pretend otherwise.

Go look at that pinned Tim Graham thread back when he was here. After he huffed and puffed and decided to leave the board, most TBD posters were ready to jump off a ledge, responding with borderline suicidal thoughts :) I'm certainly not referring to those 90% you cite on this thread.

Go look at that pinned Tim Graham thread back when he was here. After he huffed and puffed and decided to leave the board, most TBD posters were ready to jump off a ledge, responding with borderline suicidal thoughts :) I'm certainly not referring to those 90% you cite on this thread.

because he added substance to the board, an inside knowledge, original content and discussion, as well a name brand backing it. Those things were big. He added more then 90% of the members of this board. How many people here can only say Fitz sucks? You can say there are a bunch of homers on the board but there are a bunch of negative nancy's that can only bash on the organization, and there are even more :censored: scum that can only call out and rag on other members for their opinions.

Generating content and worthwhile information is something most of the younger generations do not know. Growing up in the instant gratification world, where the big "ooooh's" and "aahh's" on a slam dunk are more important then getting the rebound, where the reaction to the dunk gets more fame then the pass that put the ball there or even worse yet, when, the guy who got "pwned" gets called out like he's scum.

So, yeah, Tim Graham may have had a bit of a presence here, but when you're a guy who has to stand behind your words, you're going to have a large presence.

I don't even like him and I'd trade his insight for most. Potential to be a good board member, and I think as much as he raged against criticism, getting his chops busted and into the conversation with fans helped his work a bit.

because he added substance to the board, an inside knowledge, original content and discussion, as well a name brand backing it. Those things were big. He added more then 90% of the members of this board.

Thurman Thomas played for the Buffalo Bills for many years, our best NFL years, has a presence in politics, in involved inside the Bills organization, and is a Hall of Fame running back. That is far more presence that some whiny guy who huffs and puffs and takes his toys and goes home.

Adding 90% of the members of this board? You should retract that, because that is obviously not true.

OHH, an ON LIKE A MOFO means RW is no longer involved in day to day operations, for those writers who still haven't figured that out.

Edited by BmoreBills

I don't even like him and I'd trade his insight for most. Potential to be a good board member, and I think as much as he raged against criticism, getting his chops busted and into the conversation with fans helped his work a bit.

Agreed. But he showed that he clearly couldn't take the heat so he got out of the kitchen. :)

Thurman Thomas played for the Buffalo Bills for many years, our best NFL years, has a presence in politics, in involved inside the Bills organization, and is a Hall of Fame running back. That is far more presence that some whiny guy who huffs and puffs and takes his toys and goes home.

Adding 90% of the members of this board? You should retract that, because that is obviously not true.

OHH, an ON LIKE A MOFO means RW is no longer involved in day to day operations, for those writers who still haven't figured that out.

90% of the members here breaks down to...

No more then half the members do not post in a given week.

No more then 30% of the board members post in a single day.

20% of the members spend as much time in other boards as they do TSW.

Another 10% of those add or create threads and conversation that generate good discussion.

Therefore, I figure around 10% actually add a thoughtful post to the thread in a given day.

I do not think I have added much to TSW today, though, I am talking about North Carolina in another thread.

90% of the members here breaks down to...

No more then half the members do not post in a given week.

No more then 30% of the board members post in a single day.

20% of the members spend as much time in other boards as they do TSW.

Another 10% of those add or create threads and conversation that generate good discussion.

Therefore, I figure around 10% actually add a thoughtful post to the thread in a given day.

I do not think I have added much to TSW today, though, I am talking about North Carolina in another thread.

Boards are like bars- you have your regulars, your Cliff Clavins, your weekenders, your occasionals, and your one and dones. Tim Graham didn't bring in 90%, and we sure didn't lose 90% when he left. I absolutely hate PPP and avoid it like the plague but I'm not going to leave TBD because of some meatheads :)

Boards are like bars- you have your regulars, your Cliff Clavins, your weekenders, your occasionals, and your one and dones. Tim Graham didn't bring in 90%, and we sure didn't lose 90% when he left. I absolutely hate PPP and avoid it like the plague but I'm not going to leave TBD because of some meatheads :)

Added more content, insight and value than 90%

Not 90% of the crowd coming to see him....

I assume

Edited by NoSaint

I get what you're saying, and I wasn't saying TG added 90%, he just added more then his 0.00007212405 share of weight.

And, that's pretty low saying you avoid PPP because of Meathead...

But, here is a great example of some posting

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/154495-draft-stirring-the-pot/page__st__40#entry2688692

Instead of further insight why he "sucks" he just "sucks."

So, yeah, Tim Graham may have had a bit of a presence here, but when you're a guy who has to stand behind your words, you're going to have a large presence.

This is an important point. Put another way, Tim Graham is Tim Graham. You know him in a restaurant, on the street, wherever. He, JW, others who eschew anonymity do so in the name of adding an element of validity to what they post. Unfortunately, and likely knowingly, in doing so they invite those of us who will to paint a target on them and lob grenades from our safe little internet bunkers. Having to deal on a daily basis with those of us who are willing to anonymously spray paint someone's lawn to prove a meaningless point has got to be a bit tedious, even if it is only a small percentage of the fanbase. Unfortunately, I think a larger percentage is ok with a lack of civility and assume that there is nothing personal about using a pseudonym to attack a psuedonym, despite the fact that not everyone on the receiving end is using one.

PTR

i enjoy what i do for a living, but let's be clear, the job isn't easy, and not all free buffet and glad-handing.

this job, like any, has its drawbacks, such as the many nights we stay up like tonight tracking this coaching search. the toll it takes on our loved ones isn't easy, and i'm fortunate to have a very understanding wife, who has put up with having me leave dinner or hurry her out of a mall or theater because "something has come up," or how i've barely seen her over the past two weeks of her holiday break, especially this week, when i've hardly been home, and when i have been, it's been cooped up in my office working the phones or banging the computer.

i know, i know, life is tough. and i know it's much tougher for others. and i do consider myself very fortunate.

count me as one of the complainers and whiners. i can take that. but note that some of us occasionally complain because of the impact our jobs have on others, especially those who have kids. i don't, so i guess i get off easy that way.

my two cents. have at me.

jw

i enjoy what i do for a living, but let's be clear, the job isn't easy, and not all free buffet and glad-handing.

this job, like any, has its drawbacks, such as the many nights we stay up like tonight tracking this coaching search. the toll it takes on our loved ones isn't easy, and i'm fortunate to have a very understanding wife, who has put up with having me leave dinner or hurry her out of a mall or theater because "something has come up," or how i've barely seen her over the past two weeks of her holiday break, especially this week, when i've hardly been home, and when i have been, it's been cooped up in my office working the phones or banging the computer.

i know, i know, life is tough. and i know it's much tougher for others. and i do consider myself very fortunate.

count me as one of the complainers and whiners. i can take that. but note that some of us occasionally complain because of the impact our jobs have on others, especially those who have kids. i don't, so i guess i get off easy that way.

my two cents. have at me.

jw

and we appreciate it all John. It's not like you brought this up just to bring it up. We're talking about it and your giving your .02.

Your not bringing it up as a LAMP and justifying your greatness because this type of thing is what you have to live with.

I'm not saying anyone (Lori, TG) has done that either. TGs last post was kind of like that but he was pushed over the edge so I can see it being justified.

In the end, your right, you have it far from the worst and obviously far from the best. You can provide a roof over your head for your family, clothes, food, I'm sure some good toys here and there.

Excuse my rambling. It's 3am.

But thank you. For being classy about everything.