Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be crazy if the press conference involves a video presentation from Ralph, looking rather spiffy after a custom grooming session?

I know there is a .1% chance of that happening, but if "the video" is going to be shown, that would probably be the time to do it.

When it is NOT shown, we can officially put that crap to bed.

There's something about him that I like and trust.

He's been a scout so he will be great at evaluating talent.

Look what he did in San Diego.

Maybe he can bring some of that San Diego talent , like Shawne Merriman or Ruvell Martin!

Nix is a decent scout. He is an incompetent team builder. That is the problem. It takes more than being a good scout to be a GM. Why don't fans (and owners) understand this? You need to hire the right coaches. You need to fill the right positions (like, say, QB, linebacker). You need to have plans and strategies, and backup plans and strategies in case your initial plans and strategies don't work.

Nix is 70, but he is a first time GM and it shows. He might as well be 30 years old in terms of his GM acumen. He has proven that he can acquire talent (although he has had his share of misses, to be sure). He also has succeeded in changing the culture within OBD, which is under-appreciated by the fans.

He has failed miserably at almost everything else involved in being a GM.

Well, the real questions if true are:

1. What effect will this have on getting a decent coach willing to stick it out with an aged GM. Realistically, can Buddy last the length of the new coaches contract?

2. What does this mean for Whaley? But I will say the bad BIlls performance may have taken some shine off of him.

Nix is a decent scout. He is an incompetent team builder. That is the problem. It takes more than being a good scout to be a GM. Why don't fans (and owners) understand this? You need to hire the right coaches. You need to fill the right positions (like, say, QB, linebacker). You need to have plans and strategies, and backup plans and strategies in case your initial plans and strategies don't work.

Nix is 70, but he is a first time GM and it shows. He might as well be 30 years old in terms of his GM acumen. He has proven that he can acquire talent (although he has had his share of misses, to be sure). He also has succeeded in changing the culture within OBD, which is under-appreciated by the fans.

this

Bulldog at WGR 550 saying our minds are about to be blown with news about the state of the franchise.

Can't reveal at this time due to protecting sources.

HOLY CRAP

Damn! At the gym listening and switched to some music for like 10 minutes and missed this!

But now he's apparently reporting to Brandon, so that makes everything better. Problem solved. <_<

Bulldog at WGR 550 saying our minds are about to be blown with news about the state of the franchise.

Can't reveal at this time due to protecting sources.

HOLY CRAP

I hope that this non-stop inuendo stops sometime, it is really wearing me out. One way oranother get it over with. I'm sure that most of these are genuine and mean well but man my keeps spinning and dont know what is real, possible or b.s. anymore. But still holding out hope that it will come true and something positve for our new owners does come sooner before ralph does pass and then it becomes a free for all and the possiblity of relocation pops up!

There's something about him that I like and trust.

He's been a scout so he will be great at evaluating talent.

Look what he did in San Diego.

Maybe he can bring some of that San Diego talent , like Shawne Merriman or Ruvell Martin!

He has an amazing eye for not being able to draft qb's = failure more troup and aaron williams picks please!

Get that qb buddy......finish the job baby!