Ken Whisenhunt for HC?

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't hate it too much if we got the Whizz. But at the same time I think we can do better. The only time the Whizz' teams were good was he had Kurt Warner. And, he's the genius who started Lienert over Warner. If we do get him, we really need to get a good QB and WRs.

The only time virtually ANY team is good is when they have a good QB. Get a good QB and Whisenhunt will be good. Get a great QB and he will look like a great coach. I'm not a huge Whizz fan but if they bring him on, then so be it. Get the guy a QB and we can go from there. At least he knows defense.

How about Ray Horton as the Head Coach and Whisenhunt as the OC?

I'd be OK with this. Too much negativity about these candidates, though. Seems to me they are the same ones that EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE has on their list. I mean, even Bellicheat was a flop until he miraculously stumbled on Brady. That is the connection. A good QB is probably more important than the coach. But with the exception of the Walrus (who I do not want), this appears to be the same short list as everyone else. Go get a young forward thinking guy that has been a HC . ie NOT Grimm. I Kinda like Whiz, he's not too old, and he's been on staffs that have gotten to and won Superbowls. That's good enough for me. AZ was a perrenial joke, and he made them respectable. This past season he had a train wreck at QB. I wouldn't hold that against him.

ahhhh and a nickname is born!

More likely it was already in existence. Apparently Whiz is infamous for punting from the wrong side of midfield.

Look at Whisenhunt's talent on offense in AZ...Rod Graves was responsible for their putrid talent...

Are you sure of this? Do we know how hard Whisenhunt lobbied for or against the Kolb trade?

I guess ultimately Whisenhunt and Graves failed at QB. Just as Chan and Buddy failed in that department.

And one of those wins for Chan was over Ken this year.

Can we try to remember that game in a little more detail???

As I recall, we all thought at the time that Gailey was badly out-coached in that game, right? That they won IN SPITE OF Gailey's coaching. (And Fitz' bad play)

In fact, wasn't the Arizona win a big part of the "fire Gailey" bandwagon?

The Bills lose that game if the AZ kicker doesn't shank a short FG, right? (After making a long one earlier).

Edited by BobChalmers

What was his win /loss record ? Why was he fired ? Has he won a championship at any level ?

We know he's been around & has the respect of others in the league but the Pittsburgh coaching tree to this point hasn't produced a hell of a lot. Not just in B/Lo's case but really any where...

Please correct me if i'm wrong because it won't be the first ! & for sure won't be the last !!!

I just hope they don't jump too quick, there are a lot of coaches out there that have a better championship pedigree or upside as they call it in the NFL than others & thats what we need not someone that can get us to 500.

I have & will keep throwing Marc Trestmans name out there. The guy is a winner & has proven it !! At least talk to the guy & give him the chance to say no..

Dang !!

I love how OBD fires a loser coach and flys to Arizona to meet another loser! Yay for us Bills fans...yay! We are a "World Class piece of crap" organization! YAY! I am sooooo excited for more crap...bring it on!

Yes, we're going places people...gonna win with another loser coach. Sweet. Can you feel the excitement? Well? Can you?

Ken Whisenhunt?

Who dreams up this crap! Why would the Bills fire a mediocre head coach (Gailey) for another proven loser?

Has anybody seen how bad Arizona played under Whisenhunt? This is total madness.

The next idiot idea would be to hire Jim Haslett as head coach.

Who dreams it up? The Buffalo Bills. It's their track record. Buddy is a re-tread who is likely to hire a re-tread.

The only time virtually ANY team is good is when they have a good QB. Get a good QB and Whisenhunt will be good. Get a great QB and he will look like a great coach. I'm not a huge Whizz fan but if they bring him on, then so be it. Get the guy a QB and we can go from there. At least he knows defense.

But we don't have a good or great QB. And who knows if we are going to get one soon. In fact, history and the numbers say that whoever we get in this coming draft will not likely work out for us. We are not picking 1 or 2. So why would we want a coach who has proven he cannot win without a top-shelf QB? I'll pass.

I would place Lovie much higher than Whiz for what he did with Rexman. He'll just need a great OC.

Another OC that doesn't know the difference between a decent NFL starting QB and a bad one.....great!

IMO Wiz inherited a team from Dennis Green, Kurt Warner was already on the team as was Matt Leinert. He hired OC Todd Haley. Wiz kept trying to find that "franchise" QB after Warner retired, but never did.

Lets not forget that the year the Cardinals went to the SB they did it with a 9-7-record in a very crappy division.

The Bills don't play in a crappy division, they play against the Patriots and arguably the best HC in the NFL 2x a year. They can't afford another crappy HC.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/253301/whisenhunt-emerging-as-favorite-for-bills-job?rw=1

I love how OBD fires a loser coach and flys to Arizona to meet another loser! Yay for us Bills fans...yay! We are a "World Class piece of crap" organization! YAY! I am sooooo excited for more crap...bring it on!

Yes, we're going places people...gonna win with another loser coach. Sweet. Can you feel the excitement? Well? Can you?

Wait before they hire someone before acting like an......