Ken Whisenhunt for HC?

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - he would be a good choice- but you have to get a good staff

Being a steelers hand me down, he's likely to have good connections. What he does with the defensive side could be interesting though... He's long removed from working with any 43 guys.

Were it not for an injury to Matt Leinart, Kurt Warner would have stayed on the bench. I'll never forget he almost got Anquan Boldin killed with a broken jaw from a vicious hit against the Jets by trying to score TDs in a lopsided game when the Cards were hopelessly behind. I do not trust Whisenhunt's judgement. Do not want him in Buffalo as the next HC.

So we're going to crucify Vermeil for keeping Warner on the bench for Trent Green too then, right? Stuff happens in the NFL all the time w/ injuries. I won't crap on Wisenhunt for giving a 1st Rd QB a chance to start and build a successful career.

Being a steelers hand me down, he's likely to have good connections. What he does with the defensive side could be interesting though... He's long removed from working with any 43 guys.

This was Brandon's "first question" when asked what he's likely to ask first. Perhaps some of the questionable staff hirings of the last regime are not lost on him.

You could make the argument that no team in the league has less talent than the Cardinals. They are Larry Fitzgerald and 52 other guys. I guess Calais Campbell is pretty good. But really they had no business even winning 5 games this year.

And like some other poster mentioned, if it wasn't for that one perfect pass in the Superbowl, we would not have any chance whatsoever at getting a guy like this.

Remind me of all the great qbs winning rings with terrible coaches?

Airman w/ Switzer comes to mind. Peyton Manning came pretty close. Others are questionable: Is Tomlin a great coach or did he inherit a great team? Is Sean Payton a great coach if he got Culpepper instead of Brees?

Warner almost did it w/ Whisenhunt & Martz.

But I get your point, you usually need to have both.

Edited by Rob's House

So we're going to crucify Vermeil for keeping Warner on the bench for Trent Green too then, right? Stuff happens in the NFL all the time w/ injuries. I won't crap on Wisenhunt for giving a 1st Rd QB a chance to start and build a successful career.

Warner wasn't established when he 1st came to the Rams and Trent Green was a darn good QB in his own right. However, he was by the time he got to the Cards. Leinart was underwhelming to say the least with Arizona. He should have been benched before his injury. Not exactly equivalent scenarios.

Do you favor the hiring of Whisenhunt?

Warner wasn't established when he 1st came to the Rams and Trent Green was a darn good QB in his own right. However, he was by the time he got to the Cards. Leinart was underwhelming to say the least with Arizona. He should have been benched before his injury. Not exactly equivalent scenarios.

Warner looked great with Giants :rolleyes: before he went to the cards...

You could make the argument that no team in the league has less talent than the Cardinals. They are Larry Fitzgerald and 52 other guys. I guess Calais Campbell is pretty good. But really they had no business even winning 5 games this year.

Well, Patrick Petersen may be their best player.

The Cards OL and QB group are as bad as any in the NFL, but they have some talented RBs and WRs and the D was impressive at times.

Aside from a short stint with Warner, QB play is probably what sunk his chances of success in Arizona, and that could be largely what is written on Chan's Bills epitaph.

FYI- I don't know if some of you are familiar with the Flight Aware site, but it was mentioned on this forum a few times during the Mario Williams saga last spring and Bill Cower rumors in 2010.

It allows you to see all flights in and out of the Buffalo airport. As was discussed three years ago the Bills normally charter jets for their execs/Ralph. I searched the non-commercial departures and.... There have been NO flights either to or from Phoenix.

Also, you can see a flight to Detriot on Monday morning, which I assume is Russ Brandon flying to meet Ralph.

So unless the Bills found another means to Phoenix (Jim Kelly's magic unicorn) I'm not sure how they could be meeting with Whisenhunt tonight.

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KBUF/departures/ga

I agree he was established by then, but...many people wrote him off after his time on the Giants.

You're right on Leinhart, he was terrible, I just don't fault him for the effort.

As for Wisenhunt, I like him because my gut tells me he'll build a legit staff. Personally I'd rather see a 1st timer looking to build his own legacy. I'm more interested in Horton than Wiz, but could do worse.

Warner was good with the Giants. They only pulled him b/c they had a high profile rookie waiting & wanted to get him on the field. They were winning before they made the switch.

Not really Kurt did not play that well for him. He wasn't that sought after when he was done with them...

If the Bills are really going to interview McCoy it looks like no decisions will be made until at least the end of the weekend.

ESPN Jeff Dickerson

#Broncos are reportedly giving teams a window to interview OC Mike McCoy in Denver between Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening. #Bears

Not really Kurt did not play that well for him. He wasn't that sought after when he was done with them...

Au contraire, Warner did play pretty well for the Giants. His biggest problem was fumbles because of hand injuries IIRC. That's why he later took to wearing gloves.

Correct. He had 6td to 4int in 10 games played. Team was 5-4 but he was by no means reminding anyone of St. Louis Kurt.

Well, Patrick Petersen may be their best player.

The Cards OL and QB group are as bad as any in the NFL, but they have some talented RBs and WRs and the D was impressive at times.

Aside from a short stint with Warner, QB play is probably what sunk his chances of success in Arizona, and that could be largely what is written on Chan's Bills epitaph.

I forgot about Petersen. Still, this Bills team has far, far more talent than the Cards.