Ken Whisenhunt for HC?

PromoTheRobot

If the Bills are really going to interview McCoy it looks like no decisions will be made until at least the end of the weekend.

ESPN Jeff Dickerson

#Broncos are reportedly giving teams a window to interview OC Mike McCoy in Denver between Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening. #Bears

This guy is not worth interviewing. Who is the real OC there him or Manning? :doh:

If the reasoning is look what he did with Tebow, that would create the thought that Tebow could come here - thanks but no thanks...

This is like hiring a Pats* Coordinator, he has the title but there are other reasons why the team is having success - it has nothing to do with him

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. He had 6td to 4int in 10 games played. Team was 5-4 but he was by no means reminding anyone of St. Louis Kurt.

I said not bad and pretty well. Not to mention different system and talent under Coughlin from his Ram days. You weren't going to see the same production.

FYI- I don't know if some of you are familiar with the Flight Aware site, but it was mentioned on this forum a few times during the Mario Williams saga last spring and Bill Cower rumors in 2010.

It allows you to see all flights in and out of the Buffalo airport. As was discussed three years ago the Bills normally charter jets for their execs/Ralph. I searched the non-commercial departures and.... There have been NO flights either to or from Phoenix.

Also, you can see a flight to Detriot on Monday morning, which I assume is Russ Brandon flying to meet Ralph.

So unless the Bills found another means to Phoenix (Jim Kelly's magic unicorn) I'm not sure how they could be meeting with Whisenhunt tonight.

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KBUF/departures/ga

It's not actually a question that the Bills are meeting with Whisenhunt tonight. But maybe they're meeting at Area 51? Are there any flights into nearby Roswell, NM?

I'd be very happy with Whisenhunt. He gets in players faces and challenges them to be better.

He was given a huge pile of garbage to work with in Arizona. His offensive line was offensive. It's embarrassing to see what he was given to work with. His QBs were almost as laughable and his running game is a joke.

Some of you people are so focused on Gruden and Cowher that you are dismissing everyone else.

I'm as big of a Bills optimist as they come. I'm still upset they couldn't make it work with Chan. But if we "settle" for Whisenhunt without finishing out a search, I'd be really disappointed. At first uneducated glance, I'd rather go with Marrone or Lovie. Hated the "punt inside the 40" stat I saw today about Whis, although of course it doesn't tell the whole story.

Anyone know what kind of guy Whisenhunt is? Good guy?

Edited by jwolf02

Correct. He had 6td to 4int in 10 games played. Team was 5-4 but he was by no means reminding anyone of St. Louis Kurt.

Additionally, Warner was with Arizona for two seasons before Whiz arrived, and the Cardinals were a nifty 3-12 in his starts. Remember, Leinart replaced Warner under Denny Green as a rookie and almost upset the heavily favored Bears on Monday Night in his first start.

That was the famous "The Bears were who we thought they were" game.

When Whiz started his tenure in Arizona, there were zero Cardinal fans asking for Warner to start over Leinart. It made sense to see what they had with the first-rounder.

I wouldn't be upset with Horton but I don't see him leaving Arizona n will prob be named head coach there in next few days

I saw that Andy Reid is 95% sure he will take Arizona HC job.

I think Ray Horton appears to be a good choice - former NFL player, coached under LeBeau with Steelers.

Additionally, Warner was with Arizona for two seasons before Whiz arrived, and the Cardinals were a nifty 3-12 in his starts. Remember, Leinart replaced Warner under Denny Green as a rookie and almost upset the heavily favored Bears on Monday Night in his first start.

That was the famous "The Bears were who we thought they were" game.

When Whiz started his tenure in Arizona, there were zero Cardinal fans asking for Warner to start over Leinart. It made sense to see what they had with the first-rounder.

Quickly found out he was a big time bust.

I'd be very happy with Whisenhunt. He gets in players faces and challenges them to be better.

He was given a huge pile of garbage to work with in Arizona. His offensive line was offensive. It's embarrassing to see what he was given to work with. His QBs were almost as laughable and his running game is a joke.

Some of you people are so focused on Gruden and Cowher that you are dismissing everyone else.

I see several candidates I'd be happy with. Whisenhunt included.

I don't remember seeing this many quality choices in past years that we've fired our coach. Kinda depressing admitting to this.

I don't understand the hostility to Wisenhunt, although I admit that I don't know that much about him. Seems like he is a pretty good HC who fell victim to some really bad QB play this year. As far as I can tell, he took a perpetually soft team and turned them into a pretty tough one. I'd like to hear from someone from AZ who follows the team more closely though.

Reminds me off Chan and Fitz.

Unless someone resurrects Vince Lombardi or Tom Landry from the dead, no one will be happy with the list of candidates for the Bills head coaching job. It is early and time will tell who they pursued. This is the first time a head coach will be hired that will not be a Ralph Wilson head scratcher. Time to give Russ and crew a chance to prove themselves. Whisenhunt would make a good Offensive coordinator to compliment a Defensive minded head coach.

HUH??? Wisenhunt was given the keys to pick personal and the funds to back it up...plus he was in the weakest division in football (until the past 2 yrs). He had a decent team with Warner but struggled since his retirement. I say NO! for HC but I like as a OC...