Just for the heck of it, here's one more:

Bill Belichick

Season Team Record

1991 Cleveland Browns 6-10

1992 Cleveland Browns 7-9

1993 Cleveland Browns 7-9

1994 Cleveland Browns 11-5

1995 Cleveland Browns 5-11

That looks like a head coaching career that's DOOMED to a bunch of 6-10 seasons...

That Browns team he coached was on the verge of being real good, with a great staff. They won 11 games in 1994 and were in first place in 1995 when Modell announced the team was moving, think they only won one more game all year after that. That staff has a bunch of current GMs, NFL Head Coaches and NCAA Coaches (Sabin). He could have won with that team. He also had a long track record of being successful as a assistant coach and coordinator (2 Super Bowl wins with the Giants, 1 Super Bowl appearance with the Patriots against the Packers), and a bunch of other successful stints. Edited by BuffBill

That Browns team he coached was on the verge of being real good, with a great staff. They won 11 games in 1994 and were in first place in 1995 when Modell announced the team was moving, think they only won one more game all year after that. That staff has a bunch of current GMs, NFL Head Coaches and NCAA Coaches (Sabin). He could have won with that team.

The 1995 Brown team was featured on the NFL Network last year on the "A Football Life" Series:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap2000000066819/A-Football-Life-1995-Cleveland-Browns

It's really sad how some fans are so desperate for good news that they try to justify the mediocre hirings the Bills make. It's like battered wife syndrome. Hiring another losing team's castoff is pathetic. We deserve better after putting up with the past 13 years. Unless they hire a proven winner with a solid track record, it will be another 3-5 years of rinse and repeat.

Some Bills fans just don't get this fact.

THIS IS BUFFALO!

The majority of the world doesn't move to this city, they move away. To a warmer climate, away from its beleaguered economy and crumbling infrastructure. Buffalo one of the poorest amongst U.S. cities with populations of more than 250,000 people.

If this FO wants to change the its history of ineptitude, its loser mentality. They need to hire the very best HC they can find. There are names out there that could change everything for this org.

Sorry to say but Ken Wisenhunt with his record of 45-51 isn't the answer. Its not just his overall W/L record either. Look at his team this year, bad QB's, worst O line in the NFL. This man has already proved he doesn't know how to find a top QB. 5-11 for a REASON, worse then the Buffalo Bills. C'mon folks,what are you thinking?

Just for the heck of it, here's one more:

Bill Belichick

Season Team Record

1991 Cleveland Browns 6-10

1992 Cleveland Browns 7-9

1993 Cleveland Browns 7-9

1994 Cleveland Browns 11-5

1995 Cleveland Browns 5-11

That looks like a head coaching career that's DOOMED to a bunch of 6-10 seasons...

Thanks for the info. Also it can be noted that Marv Levy had a .425 winning % in KC before the Bills hired that retread.

Careful. Think back to the Levy GM days. This very same logic was used to justify Dick Jauron's hire and we all know how that turned out.

Some Bills fans just don't get this fact.

THIS IS BUFFALO!

The majority of the world doesn't move to this city, they move away. To a warmer climate, away from its beleaguered economy and crumbling infrastructure. Buffalo one of the poorest amongst U.S. cities with populations of more than 250,000 people.

If this FO wants to change the its history of ineptitude, its loser mentality. They need to hire the very best HC they can find. There are names out there that could change everything for this org.

Sorry to say but Ken Wisenhunt with his record of 45-51 isn't the answer. Its not just his overall W/L record either. Look at his team this year, bad QB's, worst O line in the NFL. This man has already proved he doesn't know how to find a top QB. 5-11 for a REASON, worse then the Buffalo Bills. C'mon folks,what are you thinking?

I'm thinking I see a guy who improved each of the team's first three seasons, took his team to the Super Bowl, and almost won it. QB struggles and KW taking on too much of the personnel role can explain the subsequent seasons, which still include a .500 season. In case we needed reminding, the Bills haven't even gone .500 since Mularkey.

Apparently, the Bills will have a 2nd interview with Whisenhunt---

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Browns did interview Whisenhunt, as ESPN 1st reported. Bills will talk to Lovie, as WGR reported, but BUF would have 2nd meeting w/Whis too

I see Whisenhunt like I see Wade - a guy whose team got sucked into an unsuccessful ride with what they thought was a promising QB. You trade for Kolb or Rob Johnson (or draft Leinart) and you have to play those guys, because too much is invested in them and expected of them.

There are names out there that could change everything for this org.

Don't keep it a secret, tell us these names.

Look at his team this year, bad QB's, worst O line in the NFL.

Exactly! Look at his team this year, it's obvious you haven't. Skelton? Lindley? They started off 4-1 when Kolb was still alive and beat the Seahawks and Patriots. Keep him away from personnel and get him a QB. Although the QB thing will apply to any HC we hire.

FWIW, I listened to Sirius for most of day yesterday while driving from Buffalo to VT and nearly everyone of the NFL guys (journalists and former players, including John Madden) felt that Buffalo needs to go with a proven, established guy over a college coach that may, or may not, succeed.

The other big thing the talked about was putting together an NFL quality staff, which they said is absolutely key to success in the NFL.

The two names that everyone was highest on were Wiz and Lovie; I'd be fine with either. If Wiz brings along Horton, sign him up!

Yes Wiz had a poor record the last few years in AZ, but by all accounts if you take the personnel decisions out of his hands, he's a great coach...

It could be fun to see what Chip Kelly would bring to the NFL table, but it could also be another complete disaster - and the unknowns scare me!

FWIW, I listened to Sirius for most of day yesterday while driving from Buffalo to VT and nearly everyone of the NFL guys (journalists and former players, including John Madden) felt that Buffalo needs to go with a proven, established guy over a college coach that may, or may not, succeed.

The other big thing the talked about was putting together an NFL quality staff, which they said is absolutely key to success in the NFL.

Totally agree with this.

From the looks of it, Horton is being passed around as the token Rooney Rule interview and won't get a HC gig this year. If we hire Whisenhunt, odds are Horton comes with him and gets named Assistant HC/DC and gets to put together an aggressive, blitzing Defense that will hopefully maximizes the potential we have on D. He'd also likely bring in Frank Reich (making everyone in Buffalo happy), Russ Grimm and John McNulty to help with our offense as assistants.

As for Lovie, if we hire him we would likely get Gill Byrd to coach our secondary (and a HUGE boost to re-signing Jairus) as well as Mike Tice to work our offensive line, Dave Toub to work our special teams and possibly Rusty Jones coming back to run our strength and conditioning program. My only concern here is I don't want that meathead Tice calling the offensive plays like he did last year in Chicago so Lovie would have to get us a much better coordinator.

I see Whisenhunt like I see Wade - a guy whose team got sucked into an unsuccessful ride with what they thought was a promising QB. You trade for Kolb or Rob Johnson (or draft Leinart) and you have to play those guys, because too much is invested in them and expected of them.

I see Wisenhunt as a guy who inherited a team that was on the verge of being a winner under Dennis Green. It was Green who drafted Larry Fitzgerald, Karlos Dansby , Darnell Dockett, brought in QB Kurt Warner, Not Wiz.

8-8, 9-7,10-6 were all 3 years with Kurt Warner at QB. Once Warner retired it was Derek Anderson, Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindly, Brian Hoyer it was 5-11, 8-8, 5-11

Look at the division the years Wiz did well or made the playoffs

2008 Cards 9-7, 49ers 7-9, Seahawks 4-12, Rams 2-14

2009 Cards 10-6, 49ers at 8-8, Seahawks 5-11, Rams 1-15

The Cards had no competition in the Division those years. That won't happen in the AFC East with Belichick in the division. The Bills need to hire someone better then this man or its another 3 years of :death:

Just like Chan Gailey Wiz doesn't know the difference between a bad QB, a good QB and a great QB by watching film and studying them.

Please, share your whole analysis beyond won-lost records.

Sure! However, WIN-LOSS Matters.

He had M. Leinart as his QB with Warner on the bench in '07. Warner took over and they went 8-8. If not for an injury to Leinart in '07 His Superbowl run would never had happened in '08. He had Todd Haley as OC as well. In 09' He had Warner again and went 10-6.

in '10 - no Warner he went 5-11

in '11 - 8-8 - No Warner - traded for Kevin Kolb

in '12 - 5-11 - Had a TOP 6 DEF and still could get to .500. Again his DC is considered a quality candidate for a HC position.

He had perhaps the best WR in the league. Like Chan Failey, he is supposed to be a "Wiz" at offense! Riiiiight!

In my mind he is a glorified version of Chan Gailey! Is this really gonna move this organization forward when there are a few other HC candidates that have had more success and are rising stars?

He had success when he had a HOF QB and WR on the roster. When he didn't have the QB he wasn't even average! That's the sign of a pretty bad coach!

If we end up with Whisenhunt, is there any scenario where Horton comes along as DC? That would be the best of both worlds wouldn't it? We want Horton's defensive mind but we don't know if we want to take a chance on him as head coach. Or since we interviewed Horton for HC will he not want to be DC if he doesn't get the job? If we can't get Horton as DC then we definitely don't want Whisenhunt. This needs to be a package deal but I'm worried that we ruined that by interviewing both of them and basically pitting one against the other