Ken Whisenhunt for HC?

PromoTheRobot

As a fall back candidate, yes. As the league's hot, available, gotta go get him candidate. No way!

Your question was why wouldn't this be a done deal. I've answered it.

Anyhow, I can live with Wiz, if he brings Horton. They draft Glennon, who reminds me of Big Ben. They've basically remade the Steelers (hopefully using a 4-3 or a hybrid though).

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your question was why wouldn't this be a done deal. I've answered it.

Anyhow, I can live with Wiz, if he brings Horton. They draft Glennon, who reminds me of Big Ben. They've basically remade the Steelers (hopefully using a 4-3 or a hybrid though).

Assuming that the Bills job has been offered, you'd be correct. I'd be disappointed and surprised if that were true.

Time tells no lies so we shall see.

Go Bills!!!

Guys, I wouldn't be so sure that he Whiz brings Horton. In fact, it is highly unlikely. Horton is still under contract with Arizona. This would be a lateral move. And he is seemingly happy in Arizona. Just don't see how he's leaving unless he gets a head coaching gig, or if the new guy has his own DC.

Guys, I wouldn't be so sure that he Whiz brings Horton. In fact, it is highly unlikely. Horton is still under contract with Arizona. This would be a lateral move. And he is seemingly happy in Arizona. Just don't see how he's leaving unless he gets a head coaching gig, or if the new guy has his own DC.

Great point, I'd rather hire Horton for HC and let him find his own OC.

Well, because Wiz might not have decided that he wants the job? He might want to pursue other options.

If a guy like Wiz is offered the Bills job and wants the Bills to wait while he "pursues other options", that would make me sick and would be a complete embarassment to the franchise. I would hope that the Bills would immediate tell him where to go and then move on to the next candidate.

If a guy like Wiz is offered the Bills job and wants the Bills to wait while he "pursues other options", that would make me sick and would be a complete embarassment to the franchise. I would hope that the Bills would immediate tell him where to go and then move on to the next candidate.

That absolutely scares me as Whisenhunt is probably the worst choice out of the lot. That would be a clear indicator that nothing has changed at OBD with Ralph supposedly stepping aside.

No one thinks if they hire Whiz and bring in Horton that Horton won't get looks next year for a HC gig? That's what scares me - we bring in a guy in part because of the people he'll bring with him, only to lose them after a year.

Even if Horton is here for only a year, thats enough time to get a defensive coaching staff in place under him here, with a playbook and to teach the players the system. If/when he leaves, one fo the guys under him can be promoted or bring in someone who can work with what we have

Cue the Price is Right horn.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham

No consensus, but Whisenhunt buzz loudest so far RT@KingSeanRobert is there consensus amongst ppl in the know on next bills coach?

What do you expect? Considering only 2-3 guys have interviewed already and they are supposed to be interviewing kelly today, I'm not surprised that as of now, he has the loudest buzz. After today, that might become Kelly, after this weekend that could become Lovie. As of right now, out of Whiz and Horton and anyone else they interviewed previously, the guy with HC experience, Whiz could very well be the frontrunner out of who they have talked to

At this point, we're all just trying to convince ourselves that Russ, Buddy and Whaley didn't already have their minds made up about who they were going to hire before a single interview started.

It was always going to be Whisenhunt.

At this point, we're all just trying to convince ourselves that Russ, Buddy and Whaley didn't already have their minds made up about who they were going to hire before a single interview started.

It was always going to be Whisenhunt.

This is unfortunately true.

Imagine yourself in a situation where you are tasked to hire someone and you're given the 5-6 candidates in advance. Some you are very familiar with, some not so much. In your mind, you've already made your selection...but you still will go through the interview process just in case.

95% of the time, you end up going with the guy/gal you originally planned on going with unless someone totally surprises you.

The Bills decided on Whisenhunt awhile back, methinks. They're just going through the rest of the interviews to see if any "surprises" pop up.

Imagine yourself in a situation where you are tasked to hire someone and you're given the 5-6 candidates in advance. Some you are very familiar with, some not so much. In your mind, you've already made your selection...but you still will go through the interview process just in case.

95% of the time, you end up going with the guy/gal you originally planned on going with unless someone totally surprises you.

The Bills decided on Whisenhunt awhile back, methinks. They're just going through the rest of the interviews to see if any "surprises" pop up.

Certainly wouldn't be a very aggressive, forward thinking, or innovative way of doing things if true.

I agree with this to a certain extent, but I believe that the Bills will ultimately decide on either Whisenhunt or Lovie Smith. The franchise has been down for so long that Russ, Buddy and Doug Whaley are going to feel the pressure to get a decent solid coach in here. Lovie Smith has proven to be a winning coach at the NFL level, and I guess you can give Whisenhunt some benefit of the doubt (I wouldn't but apparently they're willing to.). I just don't see them going out on a limb to go and hiring Chip Kelly and going with the uncertainty of whether this college coach will succeed. Even if the fan base loves the decision (and assuming Chip Kelly would want to come) fans will be all over the front office if it fails. After 13 non-playoff seasons, it's not enough to make the effort at appeasing the fans, they have to bring in someone who will actually coach the Bills to victories and the playoffs. The "braintrust" will want to play it safe and go with a coach who has NFL experience and has been successful (or sort of successful). It's not pretty, it's not forward thinking, but I think it is what they will ultimately do.

Edited by need therapy

If we get Whiz without Horton I'm going to flip out. Bringing Horton with him is the only thing that makes this somewhat appealing. But I have a feeling that Horton will get the Arizona job because nobody else wants it

Maybe the Cards will end up with Chan. Last man standing who will take the job like 3 years ago ;)