Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it...the Bills HAD to interview Chip to appease the fans. Could you imagine if they hired Whiz and didn't even try for Chip? Everyone would be furious and say it's the same old Bills. Now they can say "well we tried!" and hire their guy anyhow. As for Chip, the more teams that want him the better. Now he can tell the Browns this afternoon how bad the Bills want him and demand a higher salary and more control on personnel. It's win-win for both sides...but the FANS are the losers here in believing that we actually had a shot at him

You know what? I'd have preferred Chip Kelly straight up telling us "no" to the interview, if this is truly the case.

It would have been a lot easier to deal with than thinking that we actually had a shot just to have every media member in the world tell us that he's interested in all of his options. Except us.

Russ, if you think trotting out Ken Whisenhunt after everything you said at your press conference is going to fly; think again.

You know what? I'd have preferred Chip Kelly straight up telling us "no" to the interview, if this is truly the case.

It would have been a lot easier to deal with than thinking that we actually had a shot just to have every media member in the world tell us that he's interested in all of his options. Except us.

Russ, if you think trotting out Ken Whisenhunt after everything you said at your press conference is going to fly; think again.

The whole thing sounds like Buffalo Chips!!! :doh:

Respectfully disagree. After watching that Oregon game last night I was left unimpressed and leaning to him not landing with the Bills.

They ran (3) basic plays last night- a seam route, a read option and a bubble screen. I thought I was watching an old animated cartoon series where the scenery repeats itself every second.

Their success came from the tempo, which was quick and nothing new- as well as the athleticism / quickness of the players. With every NFL defensive back able to run a 4.4, this simply will not work in the NFL- without a QB with high level athleticism if at all. So you need to adapt it for the NFL. Adapt it to what and with what personnel?

Sure Belichick consulted with Kelly- manily about how to employ the tempo, which it seems Brady has been able to do. Bringing in a "tempo" coach with no NFL experience is a risk worth not taking IMHO.

I feel the same after watching the game, I didn't see what the Big deal was. Oregon just looked like a better team beating a team that wasn't as good. I didn't see anything really innovative except that they ran things faster then most teams in the NFL would.

I did notice that Oregon was getting some good treatment from the refs who were letting stuff they did go while flagging Kasas for lesser things (not that it cost Kansas the game or anything, just seemed like Oregon would get better treatment and more calls in their favour).

What I also noticed was for an indoor field, did someone grease the kansas players shoes or something? How many times did players go out and start to run, then fall flat after slipping on the field

I feel the same after watching the game, I didn't see what the Big deal was. Oregon just looked like a better team beating a team that wasn't as good. I didn't see anything really innovative except that they ran things faster then most teams in the NFL would.

I did notice that Oregon was getting some good treatment from the refs who were letting stuff they did go while flagging Kasas for lesser things (not that it cost Kansas the game or anything, just seemed like Oregon would get better treatment and more calls in their favour).

What I also noticed was for an indoor field, did someone grease the kansas players shoes or something? How many times did players go out and start to run, then fall flat after slipping on the field

That's one way to look at it. The other way is to say, on an off night, they crushed the #5 team in the nation and still scored 35 points.

It's not a crazy innovative playbook, really.

It's things like the tempo, preparation, adjustments and risk assessment that make him what he is.