Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

I heard Rapaport being interviewed on GR and Rapaport said he knew little about Whaley and asked around about him to several league sources and they told Rapaport how good they thought Whaley was. I'm not sure about what they told him about Whiz, but he was somewhat high on Whiz, too.

ah, i may have misinterpreted the tweets posted on here. like i said i thought he was going after whisenhunts take on whaley, not his own take on whaley

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MaryKayCabot

#Browns interview with Chip Kelly in Arizona is underway, reports @MarcSesslerNFL.

Guess the Bills are moving on to the next interview. McCoy or Lovie.

Kelly to Browns!!!

@ClevPlainDealer

Breaking Cleveland Browns News...Chip Kelly agrees to 5-year contract to coach the #Browns, details to follow!

I don't understand. I could see Chip Kelly granting us an interview for leverage. But why the hell would Buffalo interviewing him as a "token gesture"?

I would guess due dilligence to cover all their bases, like scouting a player they don't really need but leaving no stone unturned like they said at the pc

@MaryKayCabot

#Browns interview with Chip Kelly in Arizona is underway, reports @MarcSesslerNFL.

Guess the Bills are moving on to the next interview. McCoy or Lovie.

Kelly to Browns!!!

@ClevPlainDealer

Breaking Cleveland Browns News...Chip Kelly agrees to 5-year contract to coach the #Browns, details to follow!

That's not the actual Plain Dealer--- it's a fake.

Seriously...If they hire Grimm I'm out...I've never said that before, and hopefully I'll never say it again...But Grimm is my breaking point...I just can't do it... B-)

Agreed. If we hire Grimm I'll be ill. Arizona CONSISTANTLY has one of the worst olines in the league. Maybe it's the talent, but if he was that good, he'd find a way to get them out of being a bottom 5 Oline every year. But he can't. Please no Grimm!

Arrogant or not if they could find away to sign up Chip, I would be thrilled, and it would be a real sign of the new front door Russ talked about. Leave all the other has beens, dead beats and fired donkeys alone. I said it before and I will say it again,

"Beaten paths are for Beaten Men"

Whoops!!! Blame it on @AdamBenigni It was his retweet that made me think it was legit.

That's the risk/reward of the internet--- kind of like hiring Kelly!

and i thought the CPD was just saving its first tweet for news of this magnitude.

you know an innovative way to break an innovative coach!

HA!

This is some impressive info...does it bother anyone else that he so freely talks about all of this? In a copy-cat league he sure would be making it easy!

that is how confident this guy is, who wouldn't want that.

My concern about the Chip Kelly offense are described below. I'm not saying no to this system, but consider it before you buy in.

It is the 3 and out... When that offense fails to gain a first down, they only take 45 seconds (or less) off the game clock. Now look at our opponents next year, teams with quarterbacks like Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, and Tom Brady (2x). If the Chip Kelly offense is off the field the defense has to be on point and do it on short rest.

I remember watching a Bills game back in the K-gun days with Paul McGuire in the booth. The opponent's defense (I don't remember who it was, sorry) had our number. After multiple Bills 3 and outs, and a gassed defense they game quickly spiraled out of control.

remember that we went to 4 strait Superbowls with that offense, you are not going to win every game and Chip is smart enough to adjust

The fact that Belichick has picked his brain a bit has me a bit makes me hesitant as well about Chip. If it were any other team that the Bills didn't play 2 times a year it would be fine. But that means Belichick is studying Chip and figuring him and his style out. Is that really the best situation to bring Chip into? Would Chip want to even come here and face Belichik knowing he's talked to him?

Idk if I'm over thinking it a bit...

yes you are overthinking.

Chip is the kind of guy that loves that challenge and Bellichich would be afraid of him :devil: