Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

My impression is that he's an arrogant prick. He won't come to Buffalo, and that's fine.

I agree with you based on the limited exposure that I have seen of him in interviews. He just rubs me the wrong way. No thanks to Kelly.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly correct...It's not like Kansas St is the Sisters Of The Poor...Oregon was clearly better in all phases...And I was pretty impressed with their Defense, which rarely gets talked about... B-)

K-State plays in the Big 12. Nuff said.

Why do people think he is going to run the exact same offense. They aren't potentially offering him $40m to run the same plays. they are paying him to adapt to the nfl, be a trend setter and be able to change on the fly and keep up and be ahead of new trends. AKA opposite of the past three years.

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO THAT

This is a win/win for me.

If we hire Kelly then that would be awesome and it would be exciting that we landed the biggest HC prospect.

If we dont sign him then we still get a quality HC in Lovie Smith who knows how to win and we all dont have to worry if Kelly can bring his college success to the NFL

CBF

What is all this love for Lovie, Guy is an also ran who couldn't win with Cutler what will he do here.

What is all this love for Lovie, Guy is an also ran who couldn't win with Cutler what will he do here.

Please direct me to all the noted head coaches who have superior records with Jay Cutler at the QB position, and read up a little bit on how often Cutler was injured behind that line.

Lovie could win with Rex Grossman and has been competitive in the NFC-C with lesser talent on offense than just about every team in the division most seasons.

I would guess due dilligence to cover all their bases, like scouting a player they don't really need but leaving no stone unturned like they said at the pc

The Bills are putting spin just on the fact they were even granted an interview C/ Kelly. Brandon can say "we tried" Zero chance they were ever to be a contender in the Kelly sweepstakes. Anyone not named Lovie or McCoy, will prove business as usual at OBD on their coach search. Although wisenhunts career losing record could be sold as a highpoint. Since Marv was in the same boat when the bills took a flyer on him.

Please direct me to all the noted head coaches who have superior records with Jay Cutler at the QB position, and read up a little bit on how often Cutler was injured behind that line.

Lovie could win with Rex Grossman and has been competitive in the NFC-C with lesser talent on offense than just about every team in the division most seasons.

got lucky once it happens, DJ was 13-3 in chicago too, what ever Lovie wont win here either so why bother

He'll turn us into a top-5 defense.

offense wins championships

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

got lucky once it happens, DJ was 13-3 in chicago too, what ever Lovie wont win here either so why bother

offense wins championships

Oh fer chrissakes, the guy made the NFC championship game another time after that Super Bowl, made the playoffs another time, and missed the playoffs this season at 10-6 in a deep conference. That kind of success is a distant dream here. You may not like the guy and I understand if you prefer an offensive coach, but don't BS.

Jay Cutler is a coach killer.

GO BILLS!!!

He'll turn us into a top-5 defense.

Hmmm, where have I seen that before....? Oh yeah, in every preseason/Wanny thread.

There is no top 5 defense hiding on our roster. You have to let that go.

Anyway, every HC and OC in the NFL has seen Kelly's Oregon offense for years now, yet not one is adapting his "innovative" style? Why is that?

@tonygrossi says "I think it's all over. Barring a setback to the Browns, Chip Kelly is the next coach

Whos Tony Grossi: Browns analyst for ESPNCleveland.com and ESPN 850 WKNR and 1540 KNR2. Analyst on SportsTimeOhio

Wonder if these are linked?

@RapSheet

BREAKING: Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the #Browns coach, according to a source informed of his situation.

he had 4 10+ win seasons, and reached the conference championship twice. thats not "got lucky once"

Oh fer chrissakes, the guy made the NFC championship game another time after that Super Bowl, made the playoffs another time, and missed the playoffs this season at 10-6 in a deep conference. That kind of success is a distant dream here. You may not like the guy and I understand if you prefer an offensive coach, but don't BS.

You guys are wasting keystrokes on that one. :wacko: