Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://wgr550.com/Report--Chip-Kelly-Close-to-Deal-with-Browns/15193968

Ian Rapoport from NFL.com and NFL Network is reporting that Oregon coach Chip Kelly is close to a deal with the Cleveland Browns to make the jump to the NFL and become the coach in Cleveland. Rapoport cites a source close to Kelly's situation.

The Bills were reportedly in line to interview Kelly for their opening at coach.

Wonder if these are linked?

@RapSheet

BREAKING: Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the #Browns coach, according to a source informed of his situation.

Thank God!

I may eat my words in 3 years from now if he has the Browns in the SB. But he has disaster written all over him.

He will realize quickly that you can not just go recruit guys to fit your system. Between the draft and FA you have to find your players. With a salary cap you can not just buy anyone you want. I have a feeling Kelly gets frustrated after 2-3 years and is back in College ball.

My take.

Also lets see how his personality does under the microscope he will be under. At Oregon he hardly ever got much scrutiny because well he was in Eugene. It will be fun to watch no matter what.

Good luck to Browns fans. If anyone deserves a good coach its them, well besides us!!

Thank God!

I may eat my words in 3 years from now if he has the Browns in the SB. But he has disaster written all over him.

He will realize quickly that you can not just go recruit guys to fit your system. Between the draft and FA you have to find your players. With a salary cap you can not just buy anyone you want. I have a feeling Kelly gets frustrated after 2-3 years and is back in College ball.

My take.

Also lets see how his personality does under the microscope he will be under. At Oregon he hardly ever got much scrutiny because well he was in Eugene. It will be fun to watch no matter what.

Good luck to Browns fans. If anyone deserves a good coach its them, well besides us!!

Many posters are making comments similar to this, but this is far from the truth. I don't think there's a coach in football that has come under more detailed scrutiny then Chip Kelly--- the amount of analysis and critique available on the internet about what and how he's doing what he's doing is abundant.

Kelly has said he will adapt his system to whatever talent he has. It's been repeated a million times--- he's not going to simply run the Oregon offense.

Smart Football@smartfootball

Chip Kelly's top run plays -- inside zone, outside zone, and power (guard pull) -- are same Trent Richardson ran at Alabama

Still dont understand why he's hot and bothered over Cleveland but disinterested in our job. What's the difference?

Cleveland CEO Joe Banner was most likely working on getting Kelly well before the season was over while Buddy was talking continuity with Chan. :sick:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The Cleveland ownership and front office, Jimmy Haslem & Joe Banner, already are what Russ Brandon is aspiring to be: progressive, forward thinking and aggressive. Plus, Banner has a relationship with Kelly's agent. There's talent on that roster, too.