Lovie Smith for HC!

rcatty

totally and unequivocally agree, very frustrating. with a good oc and a good draft and if the rumors are true that we would get a bunch of his staff from chi-town, we would be sitting pretty challenging the patricheats for the AFC East...

Sounds like Christmas morning.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horton and entire defensive staff were retained by the Cardinals. Not sure where Marinelli stands.

I thought I heard that Horton was not still part of the Cardinals staff, but I could be mistaken.

Give him the Assistant HC title then, only way I would want Whisenhunt is if it meant he came in a package with Horton, I can't see horton going somewhere from Arizona to be an OC unless it was to work for Whiz though, I don't think he has ever had any ties to Lovie in the past

Edited by apuszczalowski

if chip kelly doesnt happen i would be happy with lovie smith as HC and hue jackson or pat shurmur at OC.

ken whiz would really deflate me on this team. he is neither progressive or forward thinking

Perry Fewell should have been given the HCIng job after they fired Jauron. Even Frazier would have been a better choice then a man who had been fired at his previous job as an assistant. Frazier has his team 10-6 in his 3rd year

So my point being, is it always gonna be some inferior white guy as HC for this franchise? Right now Love Smith looks to be the best hire out there. IDGAF if he is green and from planet Mars as long as he can win in the NFL.

Whomever the HC is, gotta hire a top OC, DC and find a freakin QB.

1. HIRE LOVIE AS HC.

2. HIRE A GOOD OC.

3. DRAFT MATEO AS THE BILLS MLB IN THE 1ST ROUND.

4. DRAFT TYLER WILSON OR LANDRY JONES IN THE 2ND ROUND.

5. DRAFT A DECENT WR IN THE 3RD ROUND.

As critical as I've been of Lovie, I could be on board with this. The problem is that Lovie hasn't displayed the ability to suceed at #2 in his eight-year run with the Bears, so I'm not sure he can suddenly find a good one so easily.

Has anyone noticed that the following names have not been given a mention to in job openings: Brian Billick, Bill Cowher, Steve Mariucci, Jon Gruden, and Mike Holmgren? It is all in timing. Kelly is going to be the new Steve Spurrier in Cleveland. I prefer the Bills a guy like Ray Horton, young and ready to rock. Lovie Smith would be a good stand by. Both would have to hire an Offensive Coordinator that can build an offense around a young QB with a strong running game.

Just some random thinking here, but why not hire Lovie Smith as head coach, get Hue Jackson as OC and draft EJ Manuel.... Yes, I realize EJ Manuel would be a bit of a reach at 8, but he has so much talent. Put him a positive environment with Lovie Smith as his head coach and Hue as his teacher, it could lead to a new era of success for the Bills...

Just some random thinking here, but why not hire Lovie Smith as head coach, get Hue Jackson as OC and draft EJ Manuel.... Yes, I realize EJ Manuel would be a bit of a reach at 8, but he has so much talent. Put him a positive environment with Lovie Smith as his head coach and Hue as his teacher, it could lead to a new era of success for the Bills...

Who would be the DC?

I'm an FSU fan and alum - EJ Manuel has some nice tools, but he has no business being drafted before the 2nd round.

WI do like the idea of having Lovie Smith as our next HC with H. Jackson as the OC.

Smith knows defense. Jackson is a very impressive OC.

Smith may prove to be a real steal. He had the Bears on top for a long time. He led the Bears to 10 wins last year and still got canned.

Smith is among my top 5 coaching candidates. He brings a wealth of NFL experience and should have some nice connections (i.e. both coaches and players) that he may be able to sway to Buffalo.

Anybody know which Chicago players will become FAs this coming offseason??

How do you think B. Urlacher would look in a Bills uni?? What about JCut??

I'm so glad that Chip (rhymes with dip and that ain't hip) decided the Bills weren't good enough for him.

Believe it or not Lovie Smith is the very BEST HC that the Bills will have met with this weekend. As I've said many times, for the Bills to be successful they need to hire the HC who can bring the best HC/OC/DC/ST Coach combination to the table, NOT just a name HC. Lovie may be able to do just that. The added bonus that you could get with a veteran HC like Smith is that there is often a strong loyalty among the coaches and players that he has been assosicated with. that's something you're not gonna get with Chip (rhymes with Pipp, but he can't sing and surely can't dance).

Check out this potential scenario:

HC - L. Smith (proven veteran NFL HC; sustained success with the Bears; strong defensive-minded coach who learned under T. Dungy)

OC - N. Turner (veteran former long time NFL HC and also a long time NFL OC and play caller) OR H. Jackson (creative, well qualified NFL assistant; served as Oakland interim HC recently)

DC - Smith will hire coach who knows the 4-3 Tampa 2 defense. (That will allow Bills can build upon their existing 4-3 scheme. Could they add B. Urlacher as their new starting MLB??)

ST Coach - B. April (available). Add D. Hester??

What other players/coaches from the Bears may be willing to shuffle off to Buffalo with Lovie??

I beleive that L. Smith is easily the best HC candidate the bills have shown interest in thus far. He has the wherewithal to bring a proven NFL coaching staff and may be able to steal a player or two from the Bears because veteran players often show loyalty to a former coach that they have enjoyed playing for.

I want Lovie as HC but I dont see for a minute Norv Turner doing anything other than relaxing somewhere. He's done. Not worth prowling the sidelines and certainly not going to take the step down to a co ordinator. Like Wade Phillips. Oh wait.

Edited by beerme1