Huge Ralph Wilson Statement linked posted on TWS by bbb

Reed83HOF

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FWIW - I choose to believe this because the tax ramifications are monstrous. Rich people don't get to be rich by pissing away hundreds of millions of dollars on taxes when they don't have to.

I have to admit, it would be at least slightly amusing to have to thank the government for raising taxes to bring this situation to a conclusion.

But it is sad to think Ralph's only motivation for selling (if true) was to save money, not to improve the lot of the team and it's fans...

I thought the rumor was he was giving up control, not selling the team?

If that's the plan at best maybe he sells a 5% or 10% share to Kelly so he saves some capitol gains tax on that portion of the sale which may go up around 5% more in 2013. So he saves 5% tax on a 10% sale price. So if the team is worth $800 mil, 10% is worth $80 mil and 5% of that is around $4 mil. I mean I'd take it, but on someone who's worth over a billion $$ hard to believe he's doing this to save $4 mil.

I think it's being done for other reasons IMO RW has figured out he can't do it anymore and it's no longer fun, so he's doing what's best for the team and giving up control.

But it is sad to think Ralph's only motivation for selling (if true) was to save money, not to improve the lot of the team and it's fans...

Ralph's legacy in Buffalo is huge, and may be made larger based on the contents of tomorrow's presser. If it includes a sale or a path to keeping the Bills in Buffalo, he will have sealed his impact on the WNY community. It also may be an indication of failing health for Ralph which would be a terrible shame. The need for video editors could indicate problems Ralph may have communicating.