Huge Ralph Wilson Statement linked posted on TWS by bbb

Reed83HOF

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a few days ago this was his thread http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?446841-%28w-source%29-Media-Guys-told-that-Monday-s-schedule-will-be-altered:

"(Source & Info right in here dont you all worry) So Monday is the typical day for members of the media to do Chan's presser along with others. Lots of reporters for the team, etc do their work with their access to the team on Mondays. Anyways my cousins husband works AV / fill in camera man. They get emailed on Wednesday nights next weeks schedule, which is routine. At the end of the year things change after the last game of course, but he said since he has access, they noted that the press conference time has a "tba" next to that..........It just got sent out at 11:30 at night....he calls me telling me this........ hopefully someone report this very story as to its credibility, but he said he has never seen the tba for the HC presser even at seasons end. He also said there was a comment along the lines of "Access will be re-listed Monday" Now I am sure someone can verify this, but because he is a camera man, he is only the select few that do receive these schedule emails along with reporters, news, journalists, main media etc. So take it for what its worth, but thats a strong indication what he thinks is a sign that Chan could be gone. This is becuase he thinks they will watch the tape from NY Jets game, let the coach make the assesments, grades, etc and Buddy will "let him go" later afternoon early afternoon"........then hold a Buddy Nix news conference around 4/5pm....... news will break around 11-1pm if he says its true. Okay, guys, thanks!"

Thanks, Reed83.................I have no idea if any of this is true. Does seem to be a bunch of things aligning, but I thought Cowher was coming here three years ago!

But, if Ralph ever did this, he would be the biggest hero in WNY history!

IMO it's BS.Way bigger outlets would scoop it, or verify it. It's such a BS story the media doesn't even respond.

i was just about to ask someone to throw up the Bat Signal for NGU, JW, anyone else with any inside info.

I'm sure after JW had his post just earlier about how he likes to confirm anything before he would even think about posting it here.

FWIW, JW hasn't been in all night. At least I haven't seen him. Could mean he's working overtime trying to confirm anything here on either ownership or Nix/Chan.

What's the most compelling factor in this story is there aren't any denials coming out of OBD or any major laughter coming from the local media. It appears the media is marching to a Bills request for radio silence until tomorrow.

Thanks, Reed83.................I have no idea if any of this is true. Does seem to be a bunch of things aligning, but I thought Cowher was coming here three years ago!

But, if Ralph ever did this, he would be the biggest hero in WNY history!

This was a great find by you! I have no idea what is true and what isn't anymore. The Bills being a black hole of information makes for all sorts of rumors to have legs. I was convinced Cowher was coming here too...

With the stadium lease being locked up. Now would be a great time for a transition to start slowly taking place between RW and JK's group. Small transitions over a period of years to ease the financial burden of taxes for RW, cash flow for JK and company and to begin working on financing a new stadium. In 7 years buy out this lease and lease the new stadium...

Is this true? We will find out soon enough....

What's the most compelling factor in this story is there aren't any denials coming out of OBD or any major laughter coming from the local media. It appears the media is marching to a Bills request for radio silence until tomorrow.

which was my point. The media on this has been extremely quiet. It really feels like something secretive is going on an the media is all scrambling trying to see if there's fire where there's smoke.

This was a great find by you! I have no idea what is true and what isn't anymore. The Bills being a black hole of information makes for all sorts of rumors to have legs. I was convinced Cowher was coming here too...

With the stadium lease being locked up. Now would be a great time for a transition to start slowly taking place between RW and JK's group. Small transitions over a period of years to ease the financial burden of taxes for RW, cash flow for JK and company and to begin working on financing a new stadium. In 7 years buy out this lease and lease the new stadium...

Is this true? We will find out soon enough....

The stars do seem to be aligned.........Seemed like the Mayans might have been right, too, though!

We definitely will find out soon!

Since when does the media care about what the Buffalo Bills do?

Sports media would be all over it. In particular the talking bobbleheads over at ESPN.

Billion dollar sports franchises rarely hit the market, Much less purchased by ( I have surpess laughter here) a EX QB and running back who have zero experience in management. Yep, Jimbo has a charity, the media silence to what in essence is a friggin blog rumor is deafening. As it should be. Even the goofy ESPN AFCE blogger James Walker is quiet.

AP would be all over it if true. Since that's what they do.

The whole post seems odd. I'm not sure what he means by "releasing control". To whom? He's the sole owner of the team. Any "releasing of control" would involve the NFL ownership paramaters. I'm not saying that changes arent' coming, but the "releasing control" bit seems a little far fetched. I think it's more about letting Gailey, Nix and the staff go and starting with a clean slate.

You can turn over control of a business while still maintaining an interest in it. Perhaps he's selling the team but maintaining a minority interest, or something like that.

which was my point. The media on this has been extremely quiet. It really feels like something secretive is going on an the media is all scrambling trying to see if there's fire where there's smoke.

I haven't listened to today's after the gamer presser's but it has been reported that Chan was saying let's just talk about today's game we will talk about my job and everything else tomorrow or later in the week. And Buddy moving his presser as well...

Look like many of you I won't buy into this just yet until I see a legitimate source. But with every passing year the possibility of something like this goes up just that much more. It might be long overdue but maybe Ralph, at the age of 94, finally realizes the only way to alter the course of this franchise (for the better) is to sell the team.

If the biggest story, arguably, in this franchise's history is "broken" via a seemingly drunken, grammatically-butchered rant from a message board and NO media member has/had the scoop? Then journalism is really dead.

This would be too big of a story to keep a lid on IMO.

I haven't listened to today's after the gamer presser's but it has been reported that Chan was saying let's just talk about today's game we will talk about my job and everything else tomorrow or later in the week. And Buddy moving his presser as well...

Full disclosure:Gailey said that with the preface of tomorrow being his regular end of season press conference. The one he and most HC's have. No mystery here.

Look like many of you I won't buy into this just yet until I see a legitimate source. But with every passing year the possibility of something like this goes up just that much more. It might be long overdue but maybe Ralph, at the age of 94, finally realizes the only way to alter the course of this franchise (for the better) is to sell the team.

That is exactly why this is all the more plausible...I just can't buy into this at this point

No SDS, I haven't been privy to all of those conversations. Please forward them to me do that I can eat crow in front of everyone.

You have allowed (enabled) people on this message board to trash Ralph Wilson and wish for his untimely death.

It's the truth - you own it SDS.

Tell me otherwise.

You can talk to AiO who personally thanked me for my previous words on the subject... as just one example. And another:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/153293-beerball-you-suck/

then there are the deleted posts that I would have been involved with, so a search doesn't do much good now does it?

However, let me clear a few things up.

that's the number of posts that have been made here in 8 years. If your accusation is that I personally have not done enough to guide the discussion in a way that would I would have liked over the course of 8 years and 2,632,465 posts - then yes, I do own that. Along with my house, my job, my wife, my two young children, and my 2.5 hour daily commute. I also have room to improve on being a husband, father and friend. I probably should give more to charity.

I challenge anyone who thinks they have the daily fortitude to read 2,632,465 posts in 8 years, posted by thousands of anonymous people, and intervene each time someone has crossed the line to step up to the moderation plate. 1000 posts a day, every day, every week, every month, every year, year after year. Without end.

Even then, each and every post made here is accompanyied by a "Report" button. This gives the power to the community to flag each and every offensive post ever made here. Should I check to see if we have any record of you reporting such offensive material?

If you remained silent, if you abdicated your responsibility as a community member, then maybe you own a little of this too...

No one finding confirmation doesn't make it MORE true.

No one finding confirmation doesn't make it MORE true.

never said it was. Just seems odd no JW in this. It seems as though he may be working Overtime to get the facts. He's usually on after a game is he not? Edited by mrags